AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-01-07, 17:15   Link #5181
Koi

if not, she'll definitely be in her mid-30...

regarding the red paint, either the culprit want to frame Beatrice that much, or Maria drew it as 'Beatrice's order'. in Natsuhi's room, he/she can know whether the amulet is there or not if he/she have master key. But if that is so, then the culprit must know about the amulet, possibly one of the cousins AND Shannon, since Maria told them at the beach...
In Eva's murder, all that was possible if, one, he/she have the key and hid in the room with the paint hidden in the closet. after Kanon and Genji left, he/she can paint the door, and return to hide. the room was not searched, right? when the people there left, he/she used that chance to leave too, and head to the boiler room. There's never said if shortcut or another way existed, or he/she must passed the group or not.=p
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 17:35   Link #5182
Kaiba

Quote:
Was anything about Beatrice's game simple? nothing was, Beatrice even twisted the red to assume Battler wasn't even allowed to play anymore.
She used red to show that Battler wasn't worthy of playing the game. Because of that I don't find any reason to hold back.
So you think it's alright to create any theory you like and twist the red as much as you like in order to make the story fit. That's bullcrap. As I've said again and again, I can use that logic to create a theory that rampaging grizzly bears are the culprit, and I can probably do it given enough twisting of the red, but that's ridiculous.
And there's a huge difference between making assumptions that are not directly substantiated by the red (say the chapel: if the answer to that puzzle is "it was never locked" than that's not twisting the red as Beatrice never used the red to say the door was locked in the first place) and directly twisting the red in and of itself.

Also, can you explain how your Beato gets around the no more than 17 rule?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 17:40   Link #5183
Koi

no more than 17?
17, or 16?
I heard that Erika is the 17th person... so there're 16 people there?
Is it possible someone died at the beginning? before the 6 people murders? since those are considered the start of every game, right?
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 17:41   Link #5184
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
So you think it's alright to create any theory you like and twist the red as much as you like in order to make the story fit. That's bullcrap. As I've said again and again, I can use that logic to create a theory that rampaging grizzly bears are the culprit, and I can probably do it given enough twisting of the red, but that's ridiculous.
And there's a huge difference between making assumptions that are not directly substantiated by the red (say the chapel: if the answer to that puzzle is "it was never locked" than that's not twisting the red as Beatrice never used the red to say the door was locked in the first place) and directly twisting the red in and of itself.

Also, can you explain how your Beato gets around the no more than 17 rule?
He can make any theory he wants, regardless of whether it convinces you or not. Get off his back.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 17:59   Link #5185
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
no more than 17?
17, or 16?
I heard that Erika is the 17th person... so there're 16 people there?
Is it possible someone died at the beginning? before the 6 people murders? since those are considered the start of every game, right?
Sixteen is also the number of pieces per side to a chessboard.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 18:33   Link #5186
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sixteen is also the number of pieces per side to a chessboard.
I've always thought that if you consider the fact that one of the 17 human pieces is the culprit, you already have 16 on the human side without having to have anybody dead/with multiple personalities.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 18:47   Link #5187
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
50-12=38 38-19=19
Add on a few years for the "around" part and it's possible even by your reckoning. Or are you really going to fight over a couple years using a Ryuukishi tachi-e?

And even if the ages didn't match up exactly, there's still the chance that Nanjo's granddaughter really did come from the Fukuin House. We know that the child from 19 years ago exists, and we know that it survived. The only people who could possibly have had anything to do with that are Nanjo, Kumasawa, and Genji. Unless someone took that child in, how did it survive? Of course, it's also very possible the child died and someone who knew the truth fooled Natsuhi. But if it did survive, there's only a very small number of people it could have grown up to be.
A little late here, but how do you suggest a child fell off a cliff that is around 10 meters high (which is roughly 32 feet) and survived. A baby for that matter. Sorry, but this is pretty much against the laws of physics and the human body. Unless his granddaughter is like Superman or something there is no way she could have survived.

And I still think the idea of Nanjo just giving away his own granddaughter to Kinzo is a bit far-fetched.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 19:02   Link #5188
Kylon99

Hello,

I've read this thread since the days of when it only had 30 or so pages but I've never really posted here. I have my own theory to present and I wished I'd presented it earlier and not waited until EP6 gave me some blatant evidence. 8)

To some degree, I don't think this stuff is entirely knew, but it does form a bit of a Unifying Theory. I hope it will be useful at least. And it will be very, very long... my apologies. 8)

Spoiler for Theory spoils EP6 so watch out:
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 19:30   Link #5189
ErenselTheJester

I know I might be asking alot, but I must request a replay of the first three murders of the First Game. I will request more, but I need to make a deep analysis on the situation.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 20:03   Link #5190
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Your entire post was wonderful, and I think you are approaching a solid grasp of the structure of the story. I have no problems with it and I think it's entirely plausible. I want to talk about the single point below, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Spoiler for Theory spoils EP6 so watch out:
I like this idea, because of the absurdity of it. You could suggest that we have developed the Shkannon theory out of the community's collective genius, only to have that Ryukishi was quietly pushing us along that train of thought to come to that conclusion. When he adds more and more subtle clues which seem to help the Shkannon theory's validity, he is in fact pushing us along a dead end path which we believe to be right.

If neither Kanon nor Shannon exist, this would certainly bring down our count of people to
Spoiler for EP6?:
Arachanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 20:07   Link #5191
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Battler saw them (only one at a time, mind you, but still) back when his viewpoint was reliable. They're probably not fictional.
Old 2010-01-07, 20:11   Link #5192
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Battler saw them (only one at a time, mind you, but still) back when his viewpoint was reliable. They're probably not fictional.
Spoiler for blah blah:

Also, a question for Kylon99:

Spoiler for Kylon's theory:

Furthermore, when replaying EP4 I just noticed something:

Spoiler for EP4:

Last edited by Arachanox; 2010-01-07 at 20:54.
Arachanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 21:58   Link #5193
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Oh, I guess I'm a little late to the party, but has the baby from 19 years ago been explained any further? I still personally still believe it was another Beatrice!
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 00:53   Link #5194
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
Spoiler for blah blah:
Spoiler for EP6 Spoilers... even if there aren't, just in case.:

Quote:
Also, a question for Kylon99:

Spoiler for Kylon's theory:
Spoiler for EP6 Spoilers for sure this time:

Quote:
Furthermore, when replaying EP4 I just noticed something:

Spoiler for EP4:
Spoiler for Extreme Spoilers for EP6:
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 02:09   Link #5195
great

I'm seeing a lot of posts - around the net - saying that this is the end of Umineko franchise. Is there any truth to this?

Also, I've been lead to believe that :

Spoiler for ending ep6? (possibly):

means that :

Spoiler for ending ep6? (possibly):

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 02:24   Link #5196
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by great View Post
*snip*
Spoiler for Ep6:

So no, Ep6 isn't the end of the franchise.
Old 2010-01-08, 02:29   Link #5197
great

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep6:

So no, Ep6 isn't the end of the franchise.
So that screenshot is part of yet another troll ending? :x
great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 02:32   Link #5198
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by great View Post
So that screenshot is part of yet another troll ending? :x
Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2010-01-08, 02:44   Link #5199
Used Can