Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 07:15   Link #161
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I don't remember the tutorial teaching about jumping and obstacles. Can you tell me which part mention it?
The tutorial teaches you about the mechanics of Hero Action, that is what you use to jump around.

Jumping doesn't just allow you to go over obstacles, but also to let you do smack downs on airborne enemies. Also when you jump just before the end of your Hero Action on the ground, you can get extra charge time for a few more shots while in the air.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 07:31   Link #162
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

According to the Resonance of Fate page on TVTropes, one of the usable weapons is/looks like the TDI Vector. Anyone mind getting a screenshot of the in-game equivalent?
Old 2010-04-30, 10:36   Link #163
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
According to the Resonance of Fate page on TVTropes, one of the usable weapons is/looks like the TDI Vector. Anyone mind getting a screenshot of the in-game equivalent?
it basically has the same appearance like in this photo, but it's got a different name to it... I believe it's called PDW-XN. V2 and 3 one of them you can get at aetersyl and the other one at dakota vein inside a treasure chest on chp 5 afaik. hope that helps a little
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 07:01   Link #164
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
it basically has the same appearance like in this photo, but it's got a different name to it... I believe it's called PDW-XN. V2 and 3 one of them you can get at aetersyl and the other one at dakota vein inside a treasure chest on chp 5 afaik. hope that helps a little
The pistol grip is lowered a bit so the weapon matches the same profile as the MP5K but other than that it's the same as the Vector/Kriss.

I'm up to Chapter 15 at the moment. Still enjoying it, up to hour seventy so far! Bloody hell I'm getting my money's worth with this game...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 22:47   Link #165
FateAnomaly

Gotten the hang of the combat now somewhat. Jump attacks makes thing so much easier. Obstacles no longer pose much problem now. Currently at chapter 5 grinding level and farming for energy hex to get terminals online after getting kick by the Yeti.
The weapon customization is interesting but produce some pretty funny weapon. A MG with 3 barrels and 6 scopes lol.

Edit: Anyway, what is the best energy hex shape to connect all the important terminals to the arena?

Last edited by FateAnomaly; 2010-05-02 at 23:08.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 23:44   Link #166
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

The line, L-hex, and Y-hex shapes are the best one for connecting terminals imo.

Last edited by Edge Meltdown; 2010-05-02 at 23:45. Reason: not acute... stupid me... lol
Old 2010-05-03, 00:57   Link #167
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Most important part for connecting terminals is the arena, if you plan on starring every rank. And the best one is using the light green L shaped hexes (grinded from tundra enemies IIRC), as it lets you connect every terminal in that area if you wanted to.

I made a mistake in using line hexes, and as a result, couldn't connect the blast up terminal with the rest (1.5x XP, 2x normal item, 2x rare item, 2x other terminal effects). Not a big loss, but I like more chances at lifting my opponents because, at the very least, it interrupts their attack.

Only problem with this is that core lift 2 and core lift 3 areas are also best used with the same L-shaped hex, as with the core lift 2 its the only hex readily 'grindable' during that time, and in core lift 3, I find 2x rare drop to be more useful than 1.5x XP + 2x normal item drop. (the former can only be connected with a curved hex, while the latter can only be connected if you use line hex, so its only one or the other).

So yeah, you really have to grind a lot to get that many green L hexes if you're going to put all those areas with terminals, since you're using the same one for all three. Upside to this though is that certain bronze ranks in the arena has the enemy dropping these hexes, and with the item drop bonus + 2x other terminal bonus, its pretty much a guaranteed drop every time you kill them.

But whatever you do, do NOT use charge up terminals. I find it VERY misleading, as my characters don't charge up twice as fast, but the enemies do charge that much quickly. I think it only doubles the base charge up rates, which isn't much when customization gives you +100 or so charge up rate already and the base of your gun is only like 20. In effect, it only gives you a fraction bonus while it gives every enemy double charge speed, which is big trouble when you're facing against multiple range enemies.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 01:08   Link #168
FateAnomaly

All right, green L hex it is then.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 20:10   Link #169
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I finished it in about 94 hours, all submission and all optional dungeon excluding Neverland (too much psychotic).

To follow the storyboard and understand the story wasn't easy, who written the story was half-drunk, I'm sure about it.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 07:44   Link #170
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just got this game today..
And well, I found it hard to understand the battle system so far. At least now I can quite get it except for bonus hit + smackdown.

And what's this with hex and it's connection with this world map thingy ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:54   Link #171
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Just got this game today..
And well, I found it hard to understand the battle system so far. At least now I can quite get it except for bonus hit + smackdown.

And what's this with hex and it's connection with this world map thingy ?
there are two kinds of hexes:

-non-colored hex: this is for clearing out the hexes that blocks your way.

-colored hex: this is also used for clearing out hexes and opening new places to enter... it also connects the terminals in order to use its bonuses.

btw, is it true that there's a possible sequel for the game?
Old 2010-05-12, 16:07   Link #172
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
btw, is it true that there's a possible sequel for the game?
Hmm...not easy, Sega is "very clever" considering they distribuited the game on the States and Europe in the same days of final fantasy 13.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 05:59   Link #173
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

That doesn't matter, as a sequel of a Japanese-developed game is always decided based on Japanese sales.
Old 2010-05-13, 09:38   Link #174
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

....but, wouldn't it be affecting our chance to get a translation ?
Ah, at last I can manage to understand this game a little better. Though there's some part that I still don't understand with hexes.. >_>; Oh well, I guess I need to just play it and eventually understand it like I usually do.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 07:00   Link #175
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta
....but, wouldn't it be affecting our chance to get a translation ?
Of course, but that wasn't the question. :P
Old 2010-06-12, 08:40   Link #176
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Hmm...not easy, Sega is "very clever" considering they distribuited the game on the States and Europe in the same days of final fantasy 13.
Correction: It wasn't SEGA's fault. SQEX just pre-empted Sega - TWICE. By announcing one day after Sega's RoF release, that FF13 would come out one week earlier. So, really, it's no-one's fault, strictly.
Old 2010-11-19, 07:21   Link #177
iceyfw

just a heads up on this game for being on sale now @ $19.99 on newegg.com for the ps3 and xbox360 platform

quite a steal... paid 60 bucks for this game like 5 months ago about.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2010-11-19 at 07:33.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 07:46   Link #178
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Gah I still need to finish RoF. Not that I don't want to, I just remembered I never finished it. I'll get back to it once I finish my backlog of PC games.

Heck, I should probably play Final Fantasy XIII for more than an hour as well...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 15:06   Link #179
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

There's a web comic of End of Eternity at Famitsu's website.
Old 2010-12-01, 21:26   Link #180
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

I must admit it's really nice, but who's that on the RHS? Rebecca? OR DON'T TELL ME IT'S FRIDA!?

Tags
ps3, rpg, tri-ace