AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 09:42   Link #1721
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
So far, one vote (Chaos2frozen) against and one vote (~Greed~) for releasing early? I'll check again in about 24 hours to see if the tie is broken by then.

And just in case it isn't clear by this point, thank you everyone for your support

If anyone here want me to add something in, say so and I'll at least consider it. I'm more than willing to throw things in to fill up the plot, I've got next to nothing planned after Daihaseisai (ie, past the next 3-4 chapters), just some minor character developments until (MAJOR SPOILER INCOMING)

Spoiler for possible way of ending the fic:
I'm voting for the early release. Also I approve of that spoiler as the ending, as long as the romance is believable and developed a while before he goes off to war, it would be weird for a girl he just started dating to be cool waiting for him to go off to fight in a war. Especially since he basically gets kidnapped into going with no prior warning.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 22:50   Link #1722
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Spoiler for Minds, Memories and Misfortune:
... I promised to take a look and consider it. And I did.

I've came to the conclusion most of the ideas are tainted with crack (seriously? Measure Heart and Misaki? ) and the majority of them will kill my brain if I try to write something like that

Having said that, I'll be borrowing your 3rd suggestion. I think I can adapt it into later chapters... Just don't expect it to show up until the 'Punishment Game' arc, and that might take a few months.

As for the final pairing... well, let's just see what other character development I've got planned right now. My opinion was out of all the girls in canon going for Touma, Mikoto had the highest chance of success since she lives in the same city as him, see him more often and have more 'romance flags' with him compared to Index who's also in the same city (Index only have 'just friends flags' with Touma IMO).

With other contenders/options like Misaki and Saten, I'd say Mikoto's chances here have dropped a lot. Not impossible, but no longer ahead.

PS: While I say Mikoto was the most likely to get Touma, that does NOT mean I prefer her to be the one that ends up with Touma. I support Kaori+Touma, Hyouka+Touma (not EVER going to happen, but if she's not IB instant-killable I'd be behind that all the way), or Itsuwa+Touma.

Mikoto+Touma just gives me a [*shrug* that works, but I don't like/hate it] response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
A) @flere.... please address first how to solve Touma being popular.... and his battle records being leaked. I know that the last fight blows the machines away but still someone might have record it. I'm only thinking Kihara to do some clean ups if some crazy scientist shows up to dig more than he needs to or Aleister just letting Touma to deal with it. But if Touma is getting popular and well known.

B) He will probably having hard time dealing with magic side or when his in academy city because he will be easily identified which doesn't suit me. Well it's your fic. Your choice but the whole secrecy point of Touma's power was being trampled with. In the chapter before this one. I'm already having problems on that and specially now that I read this one. I just can't think up of Touma having a normal high school life anymore. If more people ended up knowing him, it will be harder to move in secrecy. Plus with Mikoto stalking that guy more and more and Misaki adding up. I don't see him running away from academy city to London in vol 11 ever happening without those 2 knowing about it.
Part A will be addressed in the next 2-3 chapters. Tell me how well I do after they're up.

Part B, however, might take a while longer. The issues you've addressed will play a part in Aleister's plans, and why he allows Kumokawa's plan to go ahead. Eventually it will be revealed in the fic, but with what I have right now that won't be any time soon.

---
With Ilidsor's vote, that's 2 to 1 in release early. I'll be posting it then in maybe 2-3 hours time, time for some last moment fix-ups.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 23:41   Link #1723
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

As for the final pairing... well, let's just see what other character development I've got planned right now. My opinion was out of all the girls in canon going for Touma, Mikoto had the highest chance of success since she lives in the same city as him, see him more often and have more 'romance flags' with him compared to Index who's also in the same city (Index only have 'just friends flags' with Touma IMO).

With other contenders/options like Misaki and Saten, I'd say Mikoto's chances here have dropped a lot. Not impossible, but no longer ahead.

PS: While I say Mikoto was the most likely to get Touma, that does NOT mean I prefer her to be the one that ends up with Touma. I support Kaori+Touma, Hyouka+Touma (not EVER going to happen, but if she's not IB instant-killable I'd be behind that all the way), or Itsuwa+Touma.

Mikoto+Touma just gives me a [*shrug* that works, but I don't like/hate it] response.

Since we're on this topic, have there ever been a situation where the 2nd girl gets the guy? As far as my knowledge of Animes is concern, either it's the First Girl or Bust. And since Index is quite unlikely to 'win', I say it's a bust.

(And yes you can technically argue that Mikoto came first before Index, but you know what I mean...)

There are very little exceptions, like shuffle! but lets not go there since I don't like how it turned out >.>. Another one is True Tears, but it's debatable who's the main girl in that story. And of course- the recent case with OrenoImo with Kuroneko but we all know how that turned out.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 02:24   Link #1724
tsunade666

shuffle anime is a vn adaptation so it's up to the studio on how they will end it (even though it's super unexpected <.< Primula)

As for the first girl to win isn't that getting tiring. It's a super used up idea that it might still be fun if it's been played well but new ideas for an ideas for an ending is much better. Specially that we are talking about Touma. To him it's Index above then the other girls are all the same. That kind of guy he is.
Old 2011-07-27, 02:45   Link #1725
Flere821
Lurker

New chapter's out:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7049587/...and_Misfortune

Enjoy
Old 2011-07-27, 02:47   Link #1726
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
shuffle anime is a vn adaptation so it's up to the studio on how they will end it (even though it's super unexpected <.< Primula)
Yeah they've got guts, I'll give them that... But I still don't like the ending >.>

The only things I took away from watching Shuffle! is my first experience with a Yandere (Changed my whole world view ) and that the Opening song is great.

Quote:
As for the first girl to win isn't that getting tiring. It's a super used up idea that it might still be fun if it's been played well but new ideas for an ideas for an ending is much better. Specially that we are talking about Touma. To him it's Index above then the other girls are all the same. That kind of guy he is.
Yeah, but like Flere I don't think Index would be a romance interest. It's sort of like how Last Order is a daughter to Accelerator, Index feels like family. This belief of mine is further reinforced when I watched the Mikoto Route on the PSP game (yeah yeah it's not the most solid of argument >.>). So with Index out, I predict the ending would be a bust.

But suddenly, there's a paradigm shift! And we have Kuroneko... This would only work if Index is confirm to be not a romance interest.
Old 2011-07-27, 02:54   Link #1727
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This belief of mine is further reinforced when I watched the Mikoto Route on the PSP game (yeah yeah it's not the most solid of argument >.>). So with Index out, I predict the ending would be a bust.
Mind if I ask if there's a way of watching the PSP routes without having to buy a PSP (I'm interested in game route stories)? Can you PM a link to me or something? Thanks.
Old 2011-07-27, 03:21   Link #1728
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokuhou FUCKING Misaki
"I'm going to force you into dressing up as a maid, call you Touka, and sneak you into the School Gardens." Misaki whispered into Touma's ear. "Once inside, you will be forced to serve me and my clique on hands and knees, and ojou-samas who have little contact with members of the opposite sex will use you as they want for a entire day. You will pay for your insolence in challenging us with your body, and you will not be released until every last one of the fifty members I have under me had their fill of making you scream like the 'little girl' you call us in penance."
WHO STOLE MY GOODIES.

STOP STEALING MY--

Wait a minute...

MISAKI'S MY LOVECHILD WITH FROZEN2CHAOS.

Wait, what.

FROZEN2CHAOS? What the fuck is that?

Where's my shampoo?

Who stole my rooster?

TELL ME FRIDGE! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?!

What...uh... THAT MAKE NO SENSEEEEEEEEEEE--!

Fission Mailed.

But seriously, Misaki had successively endured, survived and mastered the overwhelming powers of the Holy Crack. Fiamma beware.

I can...

...finally pass on the torch...

...and die.

I regret...nothing...!

I can see it, in the end...

...AleisterxHeavenCanceller.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 03:34   Link #1729
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...We're gonna need a clean-up on Aisle 3.
Old 2011-07-27, 03:35   Link #1730
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

It's good. I found my medicine now.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 03:39   Link #1731
Drifting Wolf

I want Misaki to get jealous. It will be EPIC.

Just so people know, "Their Little Love Stories" by Stormwolfex has been updated and the rating has been bumped for more... explicit content? Link is down here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6982246/...e_Love_Stories

Come on people, Itsuwa needs moar lurve

Last edited by Drifting Wolf; 2011-07-27 at 03:53.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 03:56   Link #1732
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post

Awww I don't know... I'm just all out of love...

*Empty Bottle*
Old 2011-07-27, 04:24   Link #1733
chrono9472

Quote:
......how could you leave us with a cliffhanger like that..now i won't be able to sleep until i see what happens at the end of the match...

the chapter was much better then the last one though,mostly because i get to see touma being serious without preaching.

but how did touma find out about the excuse aleister gave to the science side for having touma work with them?or did i just misunderstand the meaning of the sentence?

Quote:
yes she does...touma's love that is...
chrono9472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 04:26   Link #1734
Drifting Wolf

Lies! Your kawaii picture of Alice iz PROOF!
Old 2011-07-27, 04:29   Link #1735
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Lies! Your kawaii picture of Alice iz PROOF!
Hence the empty bottle, I've dump all my love juice onto her... NO WAIT I MEA-!! I've used them on other girls as well!

*Crickets*

It just... So happens... To run out... Before Itsuwa...
Old 2011-07-27, 04:32   Link #1736
Drifting Wolf

Wait. That means you and Mr. Kyon? Wait.

*Does not compute*

Could this mean!?

Mr. Kyon is actually... Miss Kyon!?

WHAT? WHAT?
Old 2011-07-27, 04:33   Link #1737
chrono9472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hence the empty bottle, I've dump all my love juice onto her... NO WAIT I MEA-!! I've used them on other girls as well!

*Crickets*

It just... So happens... To run out... Before Itsuwa...
Riiight...you can always buy a new bottle...actually i'll just give you one as a present*takes out one of his spare bottles and sends it to chaos*now you have no more excuses!...probably

Quote:
Wait. That means you and Mr. Kyon? Wait.

*Does not compute*

Could this mean!?

Mr. Kyon is actually... Miss Kyon!?

WHAT? WHAT?
.........................thats just your imagination!....yep...just your....imagination.....
Old 2011-07-27, 04:38   Link #1738
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono9472 View Post
Riiight...you can always buy a new bottle...actually i'll just give you one as a present*takes out one of his spare bottles and sends it to chaos*
Ohh erm... Wow... I erm... Thanks! But you see... Well this is so awkward eheheh... I've just realized that I've promised to spread some loving on this other girl from... erm... this... other series... Erm yeah... So thanks for the bottle- I'll just be... You know... Heading out now...Ehahaha... >.>
Old 2011-07-27, 05:07   Link #1739
chrono9472

whatever you say....

and flere, i forgot to ask this before but will you do more chapters based on the sports in Daihasei festival?
Old 2011-07-27, 05:20   Link #1740
tsunade666

Quote:
copy paste from FF:

So you picked Misaka route and turn Misaki into cupid of love? -_-

Still I'm not sure yet if it will end with Mikoto but honestly I'm tired of her and her over popularity with lots of fic about MikotoxTouma.
Though the story is not yet finished I will wait on how things will workout.

As for a problem.... Touma become popular thanks to his test and his troubles with the tokiwadai level 5. How can he sneak up in the battle of middle schools in the time when his stopping Oriana? You skipped that part and onto the day before he goes to Italy. Well that part wasn't really important but I can't imagine him sneaking there and going out alive with Mikoto and Misaki participating plus Seiri getting injured. I imagined that Misaki might discover something but its been skipped.

With more details on such part about that I want to read the next part specially I want to know will Sieiri and Aogami do. I bet the others will also do something and I can't see Aogami not doing something in front of an all girls middle school fight.

To little index even though she supposedly around him almost all the time. To be honest I just realized that Index isn't with Touma at all in your fic even though she usually is with him. Or maybe because she is not important to the plot that she is not around even though in the book they are always together. Just like Accelerator and Last Order.

And I will agree that Index isn't the type for romance with Touma. Maybe the before memory erase status of Touma but after that one. She stays with a family type of person for Touma. An important girl which he doesn't want to see cry. Just like how Accelerator tread Last Order. To both of them the loli's is their life line. In Touma's case. His only connection from the past and the first person to appear in front of him and also the first person to say she loves him and the first person that cried when he doesn't remember anything about her. Thus Kamijou Touma LIED for her sake. So she won't cry anymore.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction