AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-02, 03:17   Link #761
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
I should assume that a certain Creator flipped his BETA control console when he/she/they(?) saw that.
Nope. I'm pretty sure the if the BETA creators saw, their first reactions would probably be... '', just like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Why is Tasha a Major and why is she still alive when Zhar are supposed to have been lasered to death.
I'm wondering about this as well. Given that the revelation that Tasha was still alive was the very last line of that chapter, this was obviously meant to be a cliffhanger for the readers. Obviously PaulXion knows what he's doing, so the question remains; how is Nastassja standing there talking to the characters?

My guesses:
1) She really is the sole survivor of Zhar, and the brass decided if Nastassja was badass enough to survive that kind of mess (BETA, Twins, Everyone out to kill her), she deserves to be a Major.
2) Nastassja was actually a KJB spy all along and helped the twins ice Zhar when the order came down from the top to silence everyone in Zhar… except herself of course.
3) She's a lab grown supersoldier clone of the orginal Nastassja, who died horribly as per in canon, and now is here to test herself against Yuuko’s ‘supersoldier’
4) Nastassja Ivanova: The USSR's answer to Silvio Orlandi, complete with pheromone social enhancers, video recorders in her eyeballs, some kind of vodka dispenser on her person and orders to videotape all the Valkyries in the nude ‘for make benefit of Great Far East Soviet Army morale reasons’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It looks like paulxion_sensei plans to focus on the side characters of TE rather than the main cast. Giving them more spot light than the one usually seen.
Giving ‘side characters’ spotlight is something I can wholeheartedly get behind. There’s to hoping Tarisa, Vinnie and Stella show up!
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 05:50   Link #762
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/70/

FINALLY ! THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR ! TE CASTS MAKE THEIR APPEARANCE !
Yeah!

-after reading the chapter-

Boo! No Yui and Yuuya. Where are they?
Old 2013-03-02, 08:37   Link #763
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If there is any justice in that world, Yuuya and Yui have just exchanged their dog tags, and are on leave, queutly hiding from everyone.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 12:41   Link #764
John117xCortana

Which they are.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:05   Link #765
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Boo! No Yui and Yuuya. Where are they?
honeymoon in America

Anime wise Tasha wasn't shown how she died (well she was killed surely by the scarlet twins) but the chapter itself said that "where did you get that information?" the information is easily being manipulated and unless you see the bodies itself or the tsf. Well you can't tell. Plus I doubt they even saw the remains on what the scarlet twins did to her. Because tsf damage can be identified and differentiated from beta damage. So they mostly cover that up.

Like how they cover they was sacrifice to bulging_eyes_kun
Old 2013-03-04, 08:34   Link #766
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is an interesting fanfic.

On the bright side
Spoiler for plot:
Old 2013-03-04, 21:40   Link #767
John117xCortana

I'm having doubts humanity would accept the offer. Especially when it means giving up the ability to make G-bombs.
Old 2013-03-04, 23:03   Link #768
tsunade666

Majority of the one being oppressed and just want peace will take it but to those who lost their love ones and to those honed by their country to fight won't accept it.

Then add it up the leader of shit countries are shit leaders that want their wallets full WON'T ACCEPT SUCH ENDING!
Old 2013-03-05, 15:51   Link #769
sasahar17

Just popping in a short snippet from my Macross/Muv Luv universe.

Spoiler for Anchors Aweigh!:

I wanted to work the Chair-force in, but decided it was long enough.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:01   Link #770
John117xCortana

What gun did the Porter use ?
Old 2013-03-05, 21:07   Link #771
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If my guess is correct, the Willie Dee's had her main gun swapped; instead of the five inch gun carried by the standard Arleigh-Burke (I'm guessing iis a Flight IIA, btw), I suspect it's a railgun of some sort, given what Project Valkyrie's been tinkering with.

Just goes to show: nations may work together in the spirit of international cooperation, but the US Armed Forces will never lose their rivalries.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-03-06, 00:16   Link #772
Darthtabby

That excerpt made me look up info on William D Porter, which led me to information about the WWII destroyer that was named after him.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19637...same-ship.html

Now granted Cracked is a humor sight, and they tend to play things up rather than striving for absolute historical accuracy but wow....
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 05:34   Link #773
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
That excerpt made me look up info on William D Porter, which led me to information about the WWII destroyer that was named after him.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19637...same-ship.html

Now granted Cracked is a humor sight, and they tend to play things up rather than striving for absolute historical accuracy but wow....
That is one one unlucky ship. Lol even it's MLA descendant suffers the same fate.
Old 2013-03-06, 06:28   Link #774
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

The fanfic I am writing is killing me.

No, literally. It is very very danged painful to write. I just hope to heck it'llbe all worth it when I'm done.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 18:30   Link #775
sasahar17

The Willie Dee was really something else. Real life really can be stranger than fiction.

Speaking poo which, I wonder what the Muv Luv versions of legends like 'Mad' Jack Churchill and Audie Murphy would be like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
The fanfic I am writing is killing me.

No, literally. It is very very danged painful to write. I just hope to heck it'llbe all worth it when I'm done.
Painful as in 'ow, my hand is broken so it is physically painful to write/type/whatever', or 'oh god, this sounded so much better in my head and this is painful to look at'?

Chin up mate! It can't all be that bad.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:53   Link #776
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
The Willie Dee was really something else. Real life really can be stranger than fiction.

Speaking poo which, I wonder what the Muv Luv versions of legends like 'Mad' Jack Churchill and Audie Murphy would be like?
I think they'd probably still be the same; World War 2 in Alternative appears to have been similar to World War 2 in our timeline, albeit sans nukes and with the Yamato-class battleships surviving.

In other news, I now want to write Shirogane Hikaru cracklulz.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-03-07, 02:17   Link #777
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Painful as in 'ow, my hand is broken so it is physically painful to write/type/whatever', or 'oh god, this sounded so much better in my head and this is painful to look at'?
- Neither. It's "Painful as my psyche is cracking as I emote and act out these characters in my head and write it all down only to break down into sobbing tears at the loss of my sanity" painful.
Old 2013-03-07, 03:37   Link #778
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I think they'd probably still be the same; World War 2 in Alternative appears to have been similar to World War 2 in our timeline, albeit sans nukes and with the Yamato-class battleships surviving.
Not quite what I meant, but I looked over my post and figure it was my bad. What I meant was that, aside from the 'Seven Heroes of Britain', what other 'fearsome names' are there among the world's heroes? I wanna see a Scottish TSF pilot who goes into battle with an actual Claymore (one for posturing in her cockpit, and a TSF sized for to actually smash BETA with), some bagpipes and a cockpit full of HAGGIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Neither. It's "Painful as my psyche is cracking as I emote and act out these characters in my head and write it all down only to break down into sobbing tears at the loss of my sanity" painful.
Wow, what are you writing? You need some comedy.
Old 2013-03-07, 04:25   Link #779
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Wow, what are you writing?
- not telling until I finish. As to why, I'll quote this from TVTropes as this underlies my feeling of writing this fic very well:

Quote:
An odd example occurred with Thomas Harris when writing Red Dragon. He planned out the scenes by imagining he was an invisible observer watching the whole thing play out ... except he just couldn't shake the idea that unlike with the other characters, he wasn't 100% invisible to Lecter. Even though this was a fictional character Harris himself was creating, Hannibal Lecter was still watching him.
- Most writers have this particular fear... they just don't talk about it.
Old 2013-03-09, 19:37   Link #780
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Partial first draft. This was the easy part. The bulk of the story is what's been driving me close to suicide.

-fic edited- see new post.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-03-11 at 01:30. Reason: Removed draft, new post pupdates this.

Tags
fanfiction, harem