AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-04, 23:07   Link #81
tritoch

Genre: Slice of Life.

I don't get it why everyone should be paired. Also the best thing (for me) that happened in season 1 is Takemoto and Morita's relationship, its not your lovey dovey pair but so much emotions are invoked whenever they have their moments. True Friendship my friends, in life your love may or may not happen but friends oh boy friends pop up and stick to you like glue.

Edit: Just watched the sub version, I spotted a mistake but no worries, its a minor one. Awesome job by Solar/Ideology.

Last edited by tritoch; 2006-07-05 at 02:43.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 23:35   Link #82
Argent

Downloading now. I am eager with anticipation, but will wait until tomorrow to watch it because I'm nearly dead with 4th of July celebrating. I want to be awake and aware when I view this one.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 00:15   Link #83
Ddadain
Autumn winds are good~

E GAHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDDDDD...

Honey and Clovers >________________>
Ddadain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 05:17   Link #84
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightredglow
There does seem to be a hope amongst fans that there will be some romantic resolutions, but I am probably in the minority in that I don't feel the need for them. H&C is indeed about love, but it seems more about friendship and the way it sustains through the trials and tribulations of making that last "revolve" into adulthood and then beyond that. Some of the players will find love (although I have to admit if the only ones are Rika and Mayama, who are probably the most painfully boring pair of the bunch, I will cry just a little), but others may not during our visit with them. I'll be fine with it. The main thing is the journey.
I honestly thought that the first season's ending was apt; I definitely share that minority with you. Life doesn't always resolve; oftentimes, most of man is in the grey, not in the black or white. Thus, despite no romantic resolution, I didn't even feel cheated - it was life, and heart-wrenchingly so in its realism. I do think that romantic resolution should happen with some of the show's characters, because I fail to accept that after all that time of being together (~4 years) there's bound to be that.

I honestly do not think Rika and Mayama's relationship is the 'most painfully boring pair of the bunch,' because it's the best depiction of a probably fruitful unrequited love that turns to acceptance, and then requiting, IMHO. Never have I seen an anime before portray unrequited love so realistically; the reasons why Rika can't accept Mayama despite her liking him (I think) is too painfully realistic. But I don't think it's trite or boring.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinions.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 06:10   Link #85
roxfan
Solar Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Edit: Just watched the sub version, I spotted a mistake but no worries, its a minor one. Awesome job by Solar/Ideology.
Could you share with us which mistake is that? We might need to improve our QC process.
roxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 06:43   Link #86
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
H&C is all about growth, whether its in life or in romantic love. I share opinion of the others that having no romantic resolution to the main characters is not bad for the series. IMO, it's actually good, since it would seperate H&C to your typical Romance/Comedy/Drama.

The first episode is a good recap episode, and which I think is necessary to jumpstart the season 2 plot. I didn't feel robbed by 1 episode, unless I've watched the whole series in marathon then watching this. XD

To Solar: Kudos! I'm glad you guys are doing H&C again. Keep up the good work

EDIT: WTF I'm sorry Solar -___________-. I'm a bit sleepy ;_; and I watched too much anime today.

Last edited by Truth-kun; 2006-07-05 at 07:41.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 06:48   Link #87
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That is a very, very big mistake. Solar's subbing it, NOT Lunar.
Old 2006-07-05, 06:53   Link #88
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Did anyone else crack a smile at:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-05, 07:13   Link #89
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Whenever Morita appears I often crack a smile, lol.
Old 2006-07-05, 10:00   Link #90
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

By the way, does anyone keep a list of all the insert songs since Honey & Clover first season and are their singles out or something?
Old 2006-07-05, 10:05   Link #91
cipotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
By the way, does anyone keep a list of all the insert songs since Honey & Clover first season and are their singles out or something?
well you can check out the wikipedia page for Honey and Clover here. All of the insert songs for the first season are out already. You can look for them in your favorite torrent sites. I have no idea when will the second season opening and ending will be out though. Will appreciate if someone willing to post the exact date.
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 10:12   Link #92
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ah, thanks . I thought they were released in an OST or something, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

Last edited by npal; 2006-07-05 at 11:16.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 11:24   Link #93
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipotlar
I have no idea when will the second season opening and ending will be out though. Will appreciate if someone willing to post the exact date.
Well, according to Nipponsei, this season's opening single will be released on August 9th. No word about the ending single, however. I'd think that it will be released after the opening single, though, so it seems like we'll have to wait a while for it.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 11:40   Link #94
brightredglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I honestly do not think Rika and Mayama's relationship is the 'most painfully boring pair of the bunch,' because it's the best depiction of a probably fruitful unrequited love that turns to acceptance, and then requiting, IMHO. Never have I seen an anime before portray unrequited love so realistically; the reasons why Rika can't accept Mayama despite her liking him (I think) is too painfully realistic. But I don't think it's trite or boring.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinions.
Mmm... There is a difference between trite and boring and I would never say the relationship is trite, but I do find the characters interaction for this particular pairing to be boring especially in comparison to the chemistry zing that happens elsewhere in the show. I can root for Rika/Mayama when it is in theory but I find that when they are actually together on screen, my interest wanes considerably. Even when I re-watch, I find myself interested only when there is a third party in the mix. Rika's personality seemed to have more spark when she was with Ayu than when she was with Mayama. Mayama shows more personality when he is with anyone but Rika. Consequently, even though I sympathize with them and the circumstances that are hindering them, I still find myself wanting to skip their scenes.

And you are right. It is totally my opinion only. I expect others will have a different take on it.

Hopefully this season, since the development of their relationship will probably be a focus, I will find them more interesting as a couple.
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 13:19   Link #95
Emil Scherbe

Accrding to
Suneohair's official site,
ending theme "Split" will be relased on August 23rd.
Emil Scherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 13:30   Link #96
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the first episode being a recap didn't hurt that much. And I've watched the series very recently, so I can understand that not many people will feel it was bad for a first episode.

Ayuuuuuu

Mayama

Nomiya :same as Mayama:

Hagu :yeah whatever:

Morita

Takemoto :same as Hagu:

Rika :boooooo: :booooo I say:

I believe that sums it up for me
Another OVA with Ham-senpai please
Old 2006-07-05, 16:20   Link #97
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I'm really enjoying the opening and closing themes but they're so SHORT
to meet the demands of television.

Sigh.

The opening animation is interesting and the ending was interesting as
it had a shot of Ayu watching Mayama and Rika at work - this could make
her working for Rika on occasion harder and harder as she has to endure
their partnership.

Sigh. Sad Ayu is too much to bear.
Old 2006-07-05, 16:39   Link #98
Argent

Well... it wasn't bad for a recap episode. And it did end with some new information. I thought it was interesting that this was told as a letter or e-mail from Takemoto to Hagu giving his take on what it all meant to him.

I find it interesting he used the confession as his way of getting on with his life.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 02:46   Link #99
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Well, I'm not too pleased about recaps episodes, but at least it served as a refresher, cuz I'd forgotten some stuff. Also forgot how unpreviewing the previews in H&C are . Oh well, I was happy to see the same crew again after however long it has been.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 05:46   Link #100
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Recap is fair enough for the first episode. If anything, it reminded me how brilliant the first season was - which was very likely the intention.

H&C delivers another super-unique OP sequence... I loved the way this one was animated. The song wasn't quite as good as "Dramatic", but the ED song wasn't bad.

Timing couldn't be better, IMO. Now that Haruhi is over, at least I have something equally good to swoon over. The only thing I rue about this is that it's only going to be 13 episodes.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance