AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-23, 10:38   Link #81
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

By facial expressions, you mean Helen right? ^^ Deneve too, she's not as 'enthusiastic' as Helen is but she's more vibrant than most 'cool & collected' characters from other anime.

His art really shone in the N-Campaign - he's improved alot. That and designing the 7's new outfits...

...almost done with Claymore beach pic...hey it's almost summer c'mon.
Old 2007-05-23, 10:45   Link #82
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Hey, thats okay. If I could draw, I'd have done all the seven in pajama's and called it a slumber party.
Old 2007-05-23, 12:06   Link #83
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
By facial expressions, you mean Helen right? ^^ Deneve too, she's not as 'enthusiastic' as Helen is but she's more vibrant than most 'cool & collected' characters from other anime.
I mean in general [but Helen's expressions are awesome, of course]. Like, Raki's expression in the Darkness in Paradise arc when Clare was going to kill herself. It was brilliant and haunting and one of the [many] most memorable moments in the manga for me. I just can't get it out of my head, no matter how much time passes. They dropped it in the anime, though, which kinda sucks.

Quote:
I want to see that. o_o

Quote:
Hey, thats okay. If I could draw, I'd have done all the seven in pajama's and called it a slumber party.
...You wouldn't mind if I drew it, would you?
Old 2007-05-23, 12:13   Link #84
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
I totally agree. Plus, the author does some really intricate cover and bonus artwork in color. It's just wrong on so many levels to call his stylized art "mediocre".
I wont argue, its pointless.
Well, i like claymore, so i dont mind that there are now zealous claytards around.
Old 2007-05-23, 12:41   Link #85
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Man..i dont care how nice Priscilla was..but everytime i see the Teresa incident...i just wish she dies in pain...and i hope Clare shows her absolutely no mercy. MADHOUSE....what can i say..a flawless job
Old 2007-05-23, 13:00   Link #86
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post

...You wouldn't mind if I drew it, would you?
Go for it. My one request is that someone has to be holding a pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post
Well, i like claymore, so i dont mind that there are now zealous claytards around.
Art is subjective. Everyone has things they look at and think are horrible, and yet others will gush about how beautiful it is.
Old 2007-05-23, 14:19   Link #87
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post

...with a vengeance^^

No hard feelings, okay? Maybe i was a bit hardassed about that point, but it was a more general remark anyway. The same could be said about any other series out there.
I like Claytard though, i guess i'll put it in my user panel.
Old 2007-05-25, 00:23   Link #88
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Whatever Youmas are, their flesh is compatible with humans on a very high scale....really high for my taste.

GOD! I really want to know what Youmas are!!
maybe a experiment based in humans
Old 2007-05-25, 19:54   Link #89
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Quote:
"Hey, thats okay. If I could draw, I'd have done all the seven in pajama's and called it a slumber party. "

You wouldn't mind if I drew it, would you?

If you did that, I would keep it as my wallpaper, and be deeply grateful to your awesomeness :P. I really want to see those claymores in tastefully sexy pyjamas.......
Old 2007-05-27, 22:31   Link #90
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
THE ONLY Grouse I had with this episode was Priscilla’s Yoma Massacre ( i.e. Bodies ) was not shown in this episode it was clearly shown in the manga they shouldn’t have skipped that part IMO .

Secondly I bear good news

Spoiler for episodes/spoilerific:
hang on does that meen the show will end at ep 26 or will it keep going??? i just got my friend hooked on claymore but she can't read manga for the life of her.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-28 at 04:55. Reason: forum rule
Old 2007-05-27, 22:35   Link #91
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

His art really shone in the N-Campaign - he's improved alot. That and designing the 7's new outfits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
now that would be cool i want to see that
Old 2007-05-30, 13:38   Link #92
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

H'm I'm getting a bit curious here.

Since the anime started quite a number of famous VA's have already starred in this series.

However as most of the manga readers know there is still no end to the number of Claymores not yet introduced.

I wonder if they will re-enlist some of the earlier VA's cause how will they ever have enough voices for the N-campaign? I mean we are talking about 24 claymores there.
Old 2007-05-30, 14:18   Link #93
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
I wonder if they will re-enlist some of the earlier VA's cause how will they ever have enough voices for the N-campaign? I mean we are talking about 24 claymores there.

It could be possible for some of the more silent low-ranking Claymores, but i seriously doubt it.
There are more than enough female seiyuus who can easily fill the missing ranks.

Then again, some of the future heroines have quite an extensive set of dialogue..
Still, i think that seiyuus will only reprise their original roles and the anime adaption might as well cut a few "unimportant" lines for minor characters. To cut expenses and stuff.
Old 2007-05-30, 15:08   Link #94
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
It could be possible for some of the more silent low-ranking Claymores, but i seriously doubt it.
There are more than enough female seiyuus who can easily fill the missing ranks.

Then again, some of the future heroines have quite an extensive set of dialogue..
Still, i think that seiyuus will only reprise their original roles and the anime adaption might as well cut a few "unimportant" lines for minor characters. To cut expenses and stuff.
I guess you are right. They probably rather spend most of their allocated budget on the insane animation costs of that action heavy arc.

On a other note anyone wondering who could possible be the VA for Ophelia? I can hardly imagine anyone who could voice that evil b&&ch.
Old 2007-05-30, 15:19   Link #95
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Rie Tanaka? She did pretty well with Sugimoto and Tomoe in my opinion... I forgot which anime those characters are from so...
Old 2007-05-30, 16:52   Link #96
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Spoiler for BIG spoilers! If you're just reading this thread despite not having read the manga I WILL ruin things for you!:

Quote:
On a other note anyone wondering who could possible be the VA for Ophelia? I can hardly imagine anyone who could voice that evil b&&ch.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing her voice. Though the voice of real interest to me is definitely Riful!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-30, 16:58   Link #97
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
You are definitely confused. Those 24 include Miria, Helen, Deneve and Clare. It also includes Jean who is introduced a few episodes earlier. That leaves only 19 new voices.

Of those 19 how many are important speaking parts? I'd say just Flora, Undine, Veronica, Cynthia, Tabitha, and Yuma. Do any of the remaining 13 have more than a line or two at most? I'd have to look over those chapters in detail to be sure, but I don't think we need any real talent for those 13 Claymores. Those 13 might just say a line or two and then die. Or maybe not say anything at all.

That means we only have 6 more roles to cast for the Northern Campaign, not 24. Big Difference!
If I recall correctly, other than a few lines for the extras, only Cynthia, Yuma, Tabatha, and the 3 squad captains have any significant speaking roles. Veronica is a rather small one compared to Flora, Undine, or Jean.

Would also have to add Galatea too, though. She's introduced in the same arc as Jean anyway.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:04   Link #98
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That's what I said except for the bit about Galatea, but we were discussing the Northern Campaign. Galatea is not there.

Or did you really want to compare the size of Veronica's part against the other captains? She had more than a few lines so she needs a real actress.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:24   Link #99
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
That's what I said except for the bit about Galatea, but we were discussing the Northern Campaign. Galatea is not there.

Or did you really want to compare the size of Veronica's part against the other captains? She had more than a few lines so she needs a real actress.
After checking the manga, Veronica's part is extremely small. She has a few lines in the first attack and barely a line in the 2nd attack. Flora, Undine, and Jean definitely play more prominent roles and deserve real VA's.

In regards to Galatea, she may not be part of the northern campaign but she's still part of that entire arc. In fact, she has even more lines in the manga for the arc than Veronica.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:39   Link #100
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I kinda hope
Spoiler for spoilers for later in the manga: