AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-02, 17:13   Link #1
Super Ska Master

Nougami Neuro

I heard rumors of an anime adaptation of the Shonen Jump Detective manga. This is a series that interests me a lot. The series recently was put into the game Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS. It seems very popular. I heard this from a news story on Anime News Service:

http://www.animenewsservice.com/archives/janxx.htm

1-18-07 (5:09PM EST)---- Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro To Be Animated

Yusei Matsui's Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (Private Evil-Eye Nougami Neuro) will be animated in the form of a TV series. The supernatural detective story serializes in Weekly Shonen Jump. Beginning its run in February, 2005 8 collected volumes now exist on the market. A Drama CD was released on November 6, 2006 starring Takehito Koyasu as Neuro and Kana Ueda as Yako. Possibly seiyuu carryovers and other details are not available at this time. uragi. Yako Katsuragi's father was murdered in a locked room. The mystery plunges Yako's life into chaos until she meets a man named Neuro Nougami.

It also says Mr. Fullswing will be getting an anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ_3CCdrl9o

Here is a fake flash opening someone made. It's very cool.
Old 2007-02-03, 03:06   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
Yusei Matsui's Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (Private Evil-Eye Nougami Neuro) will be animated in the form of a TV series. The supernatural detective story serializes in Weekly Shonen Jump. Beginning its run in February, 2005 8 collected volumes now exist on the market. A Drama CD was released on November 6, 2006 starring Takehito Koyasu as Neuro and Kana Ueda as Yako. Possibly seiyuu carryovers and other details are not available at this time. uragi. Yako Katsuragi's father was murdered in a locked room. The mystery plunges Yako's life into chaos until she meets a man named Neuro Nougami.
LOL, doesn't it mean after?

Although a Nougami anime would be awesome, it's still a rumour and there's really no solid confirmation of a true animation adaption until some announcement from the production studio or something comes up. As it stands, it's really just a rumour.

If there's one series that really demands some quality voice-work in order to work, it's Neuro though. The need for a seiyuu who can be eiriely creepy, charismatic, sarcastic, and downright noncholantly sick is neccesary for a good potrayal of Neuro, a solid performance of ambivient narrative monologues to a wide-range of characteristic expressions of a female seiyuu for Yako, someone EXTREMELY good for X...Basically so many characters in Neuro is just that wide-ranged to need a damn good performance. The Hysterier Dog for one may even need 2 seiyuus for one character.

That flash is awesome. Needs MOAR X though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-05, 09:12   Link #3
Super Ska Master

I thought I read somewhere that Madhouse was doing the animation. If this is true, I will be very happy, because they did an amazing job with Death Note.
Old 2007-02-06, 20:18   Link #4
domino
デレデレ

Wow, the fan-made flash movie intro is amazing~~

I'm really excited for the anime! Though no one has spotted an "official" announcement yet, Neuro is going to be on the cover of next week's Shonen Jump, so fans believe an official announcement (and a release date if we're lucky) will be announced then.

I hope Koyasu keeps this role. Though I wonder if he can sound scary enough for the part?

Neuro is such a wonderfully creepy new twist to the detective genre. Can't wait to see it animated~
Old 2007-02-09, 17:35   Link #5
Super Ska Master

Ahhh! I am excited about this anime.
Old 2007-02-12, 18:50   Link #6
domino
デレデレ

According to the new Jump (in which Neuro was on the cover), the cover/celebration was for the Neuro manga's 2nd anniversary, not for the anime announcement fans were predicting. ~_~

So still no official announcement yet... but since this series is A) a Weekly Jump series and B) a popular Jump series that has lasted 2 years without crumbling (like most new Jump series did), chances are that an anime version is inevitable. So I think it's not a matter of "if" Neuro will become an anime, but "when"...
Old 2007-02-13, 17:01   Link #7
Super Ska Master

Neuro and Muhyo will probably get an anime at the same time. They often are lumped together so it'd make sense.
Old 2007-07-07, 23:02   Link #8
Super Ska Master

Sorry to double post but this site says that an anime for Neuro will be announced in the next issue of Jump. Very exciting that the rumors that were once fake are now possibly true!

http://teamangelsub.free.fr/Ritual.htm

#33 (16/07)
Sket Dance (Shinohara Kenta) New Série (Page Couleur)
Neuro (Page Couleur + Grosse Annonce - Sans Doute l'anime)
Absent : Hxh
Old 2007-07-09, 18:45   Link #9
domino
デレデレ

Yay, Neuro anime! Finally!

So I guess the information on the series as of now is as follows:

Name: Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Genre: Detective, Supernatural
Animation Production: MADHOUSE (YESSS)
Voice actors: Koyasu Takehito, Kana Ueda, Yusa Koji, Saiga Mitsuki
Estimated Air Date: October 2007 (filling the Jump hole left by D.Gray-man anime ending)
Estimated Episode Count: a lot (being a Shonen Jump series). I think it'll make it to at least 52 episodes, but maybe more if ratings are good enough.

Though I'm unsure what to think of about the lead voice..... this character doesn't seem like the type that Koyasu will fit in.
Old 2007-07-09, 20:10   Link #10
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Madhouse. YES.

If there's any studio who can pull off the kind of intricate artistic dark comedy Neuro exhumes itself with, it's Madhouse...and probably Sunrise, Kyoto Animation, etc, but those studios excel better at bright, vibrant and lush colors in animation...

Not to mention Neuro's art itself isn't all that great...no offense to the mangaka, but it seems like something Madhouse should be able to translate well to, even if it'll suffer from overall inconsistency at times.

Well...Koyasu's pretty well-ranged, but yeah...he has that deepness that may or may not work well with Neuro's unique sarcasm and face-play from various takes. The hell, it's Koyasu, so I'm not complaining...

Maybe I can try to get the Drama CDs (( it's rare as hell here in SEA though )) to gauge how Koyasu performed.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-10, 10:30   Link #11
Tamahome0

Shonen Jump's Neuro to be Animated on Japanese TV to be announed
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
Old 2007-07-10, 10:50   Link #12
Super Ska Master

Claymore's art was horrible but it translated well into a pretty looking anime.
Old 2007-07-10, 12:45   Link #13
7Th
Mixtape

Where's the staff? Character designer? Director?
Old 2007-07-12, 23:20   Link #14
Super Ska Master

I am sure it will be announced soon. Maybe in the next issue of Jump.
Old 2007-07-13, 17:39   Link #15
barbapapa
chochopolice

Neuro is such an inappropriate manga.
I'll definitely look forward to the anime.
Old 2007-07-14, 23:45   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

This, One Piece, and Kochikame are pretty much the only Jump manga I read nowadays.
Oh, that, and the new Samurai Usagi series.
I knew it was just matter of time before Neuro was animated... looking forward to it!

I wonder if the anime OP can beat the awesome MAD OP a Neuro fan made with Aripro music. It was so well done, they'd have to try hard to beat that one
Old 2007-07-16, 18:33   Link #17
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

A scan from Jump that shows the animation designs of Neuro, Yako and the DCS chef. A little bit spoilerish if you haven't read the manga though nothing substantial.

Spoiler:

The designs look really faithful to their actual artstyle, naturally much cleaner than SeiSui's rough style, but overall looks good. Can't wait for more information.

Old 2007-07-16, 20:41   Link #18
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
A scan from Jump that shows the animation designs of Neuro, Yako and the DCS chef. A little bit spoilerish if you haven't read the manga though nothing substantial.

Spoiler:

The designs look really faithful to their actual artstyle, naturally much cleaner than SeiSui's rough style, but overall looks good. Can't wait for more information.
Yay yay yay

The manga's art is a bit rough and sloppy most of the time, so I'm really happy to see that they cleaned up the art to look pretty while still keeping the style of the original manga.

Neuro looks so innocent in some of those mini portraits. But can't fool me...
Old 2007-07-17, 23:09   Link #19
Super Ska Master

That looks really nice. I can't wait to see it in motion. October can't come soon enough.
Old 2007-08-13, 09:02   Link #20
7Th
Mixtape

No staff listing yet? ;_;
Closed Thread