AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-15, 21:43   Link #41
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

just seen the Trailer and man i have to say it look's very interesting.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 00:24   Link #42
Edgewalker
Nani ?

From the trailer this seems to have more of a Lain/kino no tabi feel then GITS feel.

Not that thats a bad thing.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 03:04   Link #43
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Also saw the trailer a minute ago, but I am still not sure about following this show or not.

Gonna watch a few episodes and then decide after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I'm not a fan of the character designs actually. And well, with all things considered, I'm not sure if the "spiritual sci-fi" premise is enough to get me interested enough. That promotional video wasn't helping much either.
Me niether.
Old 2007-09-16, 06:26   Link #44
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
I admit the trailers we have been getting have been kinda meh in terms of content. I still say ppl should wait and see before they jump off the boat. I'm only speculating here, but there will probably be a third and better one closer to air date.

As far as the artwork, yea, I hate it too. But, if the animation is clean(which it seems to be), I tend to look over odd artwork(like Gankutsuou), so it isn't really a problem for me.
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 19:54   Link #45
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1|Iwata_kun View Post
As far as the artwork, yea, I hate it too.
Yeah, some of the characters do look really "bug-eyed" which I don't care for, and other than the character designs you can't really tell much from the trailer. I have not written it off yet, but on the other hand nothing I have seen so far is causing me to especially look forward to this series, either.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 22:48   Link #46
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
but on the other hand nothing I have seen so far is causing me to especially look forward to this series, either.
It's Masamune Shirow! MASAMUNE SHIROW!

That ought to be reason enough

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 02:21   Link #47
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
It's just the fact that 1) I hate instrumental songs. 2)Vocals feel so much more human than just music.

Dont say that until you hear anything by Godspeed You Black Emperor or any instrumental track by Ulver.

On-topic:

My interest raised a lot. Mostly because I looooooove supernatural genre, Production IG is one of my top 3 favorite animation studio, and then there are the involvement of Masamune Shirow, so here more reasons for my peak in interest for this project.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 17:50   Link #48
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Production I.G. and MASAMUNE SHIROW and MULTIPLE PEOPLE FROM LAIN???
Ohmigodohmigodohmigod....
:: runs around his house screaming like a little girl ::

Okay, taking deep breaths now... can't believe I didn't notice this show until now. Not too late though, not out for another month. Web site kinda interesting, only trouble is I can't read any of it besides the word for "characters". Would someone who can read Japanese be willing to translate any more interesting tidbits off of there?
"Details requested!"

I totally agree that there's been a dearth of cyberpunk and occultish stuff lately. Horror doesn't equal spiritual/mystery at all. Looking down my list of what I've liked in the last year, there's been a heavy drift towards comedy. Coil and Mushiuta are the only interesting "serious" shows this season, and sola from last season. And this show looks like it'll be noticeably higher quality than Mushiuta and sola. Coil's great, but it's aimed at a youngish audience. I seriously doubt Ghost Hound will be.
Old 2007-09-17, 18:18   Link #49
Isako
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukansa monkey View Post
Production I.G. and MASAMUNE SHIROW and MULTIPLE PEOPLE FROM LAIN???
Ohmigodohmigodohmigod....
:: runs around his house screaming like a little girl ::

I totally agree that there's been a dearth of cyberpunk and occultish stuff lately. Horror doesn't equal spiritual/mystery at all.
Hmm that is a fancy word for lacking; I should use that more. Yeah, this year has been pretty bad in terms of more "mature" type anime.
Old 2007-09-18, 13:44   Link #50
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

There's a second trailer here (not sure if it's new or old, I haven't seen it before). The website's been updated; ep one is called 'Lucid Dream' and episode two is called 'E.M.D.R Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing', taken from terminology relating to states of consciousness, memory, dream etc...

I like the character designs, they remind me an awful lot of Kamichu! or more recently Gigantic Formula...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-09-18 at 14:02.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 14:27   Link #51
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
ep one is called 'Lucid Dream' and episode two is called 'E.M.D.R Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing', taken from terminology relating to states of consciousness, memory, dream etc...
w00t! I like the wordings on those couple of titles. Staying away from the trailer for the time being, for they always make me impatient.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 15:58   Link #52
Isako
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
There's a second trailer here (not sure if it's new or old, I haven't seen it before). The website's been updated; ep one is called 'Lucid Dream' and episode two is called 'E.M.D.R Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing', taken from terminology relating to states of consciousness, memory, dream etc...

I like the character designs, they remind me an awful lot of Kamichu! or more recently Gigantic Formula...
It's been out for awhile. Although, a subbed version just came out for both.

The name of the eps don't surprise me considering that the backdrop of the anime has to do something with an electronic brain iirc.
Old 2007-09-20, 18:41   Link #53
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Good gods, I am burning in anticipation just with hearing the words MASAMUNE SHIROW and LAIN'S DIRECTOR. Although I would have liked me some more cyberpunk-ish series, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed when the aforementioned people above are involved. I don't mind the character designs either; it's all about the execution for me.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 11:42   Link #54
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Man I can't wait for that. Another MASAMUNE SHIROW work for some of us fans. This should be good like GITS: SAC.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 19:51   Link #55
asandari

I'm looking forward to this one. In my top two watches this fall... So much new anime xD
And I'd definitely love another Lain like feel.
asandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 10:55   Link #56
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Anybody know where to find an alternate character page? since the site is all flash, I can't use an automatic translator to read the character bios.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 10:58   Link #57
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^ Try this page...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 12:28   Link #58
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Hey, thanks.
Old 2007-09-29, 12:55   Link #59
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

As some of you may or may not know, Ghost Hound is also going to be adapted into a manga. Here's the magazine's official site, http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/comic-blade/top.html
There's nothing really about the manga yet, but I did manage to scrounge up this pic.
Old 2007-10-01, 01:20   Link #60
Adonimus

I was just checking out the forums on the Genjo-Subs website when I noticed that they had translated both the Characters and Keywords section of http://www.ghosthound.tv/

It definitely got me interested:

http://genjo-deadlock.net/forums/index.php?showforum=69

Just a small warning: there are minor spoilers concerning the background of the characters, but no plot spoilers.

Last edited by Adonimus; 2007-10-01 at 01:32.
Adonimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, production i.g.