AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 13:26   Link #21
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post

Another one that had sex portrayed in a way that I could relate to was Haru yo Koi. It starts out a a Yuri Manga but then it becomes a hetero manga with the yuri story mostly sidelined. This one has lots of sex and is mostly about infidelity. I really enjoyed this manga.
Speaking of sex and infidelity, I'm surprised no one mentioned School Days. Okay, no drugs or drinking, but plenty of sex, almost reaching the level of sex addiction, and an ending that has probably been spoiled to many even if they haven't seen it...
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 18:39   Link #22
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Speaking of sex and infidelity, I'm surprised no one mentioned School Days. Okay, no drugs or drinking, but plenty of sex, almost reaching the level of sex addiction, and an ending that has probably been spoiled to many even if they haven't seen it...
Every time I recommend School Days someone gets mad at me. But OP should definitely watch it. It's on Crunchyroll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/school-days

It's truly an unforgettable anime.
Old 2012-12-06, 09:06   Link #23
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Almost all forms of drugs are banned in Japan. Therefore, showing those on TV would technically be illegal unless it was for educational purposes.
sigh de facto censorship is so lame

Wish humanity would grow up and that things of a risque nature wouldn't be banned from being shown on television (or any other form of media) because 'oh noes it's so terrible that we can't show it, even though showing things on TV is pretty harmless and it's doubtful that much of anything bad will ever come from it'
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 12:28   Link #24
Dr. Casey

Hm, you could always try out Mnemosyne (which is named Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne in English). It's a six-episode OVA series whose story covers the years of 1990-2055. Very gritty and mature series that covers most of the subjects asked for in spades.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:13   Link #25
ProDigit

Beck
80-90% of what you're looking for!
Though drug or alcohol use is minimal.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 12:52   Link #26
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

Kami-sama no Memo-chou - This anime involves the use of drugs (not the main point but there is an arc about a certain drug) and I am sure you will love it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 09:10   Link #27
ProDigit

I remember this anime, about a drug that would cause humans to become zombies, or something, and take over a city.
Something about genetic mutations. But I don't remember the name. I probably saw it in the nineties.
Old 2012-12-12, 18:19   Link #28
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Thumbs up

your best bet are these mangas:
Ultra Heaven(3 scanlated volumes so far):The main character is Kabu, a small-time peddler and heavy addict. Used to any kind of hallucinogenic trip, he is able to feel the happiness through the ecstasy of the drug, while on the same time hypocritically hating who gave birtn to that society which has forced him to live this way.
After an overdose caused by mixing two incompatible drugs, he spends his days looking for stimulants until the encounter with an enigmatic man who offers him a new kind of illegal substance...Ultraheaven
From that moment on his incredible journey begins.

Zero (YAMAZAKI Takako) (but only a few chapters scanlated):Its about a recreational drug that makes you hallucinate about the future.

Endless World(Short one, 6 chapters but completely scanlated): It has boy love, delinquents, hallucinations and violence. In general a very dark ambience.

Netsutai no Citron(15 chapters completely scanlated): A coming-of-age story about a young, aspiring photographer named Soma. He's going nowhere, stuck in a mire of sex and drugs, until a horrible end to a one night stand sets him on a path that changes his life forever.

Must of the really interesting mangas about this theme arent very popular so they never get scanlated =(
If you find something interesting let me know please.

Last edited by CeDeR; 2012-12-12 at 19:09.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 18:46   Link #29
Echoes

If you want to narrow it down to just the drug use, since I notice that's what the discussion has been focused on, I do have an unorthodox suggestion for you.

In the mahjong gambling anime Legendary Gambler Tetsuya, there's an arc with a character who's hopelessly addicted to what I believe is meth. Naturally, this gives him something akin to superhuman powers. But he's still a complete mess, and the anime focuses strongly on the grim consequences of his addiction. The rest of the series isn't concerned with drugs, though. Might be some drinking, I can't really recall. It's an overall gritty affair.

If you want an anime with a huge amount of sex scenes and a good deal of drinking, I recommend the legendarily "so bad it's good" 90s extravaganza "Mad Bull 34." It is for a very specific audience, though. Think Troll 2 in anime form.
Old 2013-02-01, 19:10   Link #30
ProDigit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
In the mahjong gambling anime Legendary Gambler Tetsuya, there's an arc with a character who's hopelessly addicted to what I believe is meth. Naturally, this gives him something akin to superhuman powers. But he's still a complete mess, and the anime focuses strongly on the grim consequences of his addiction. The rest of the series isn't concerned with drugs, though. Might be some drinking, I can't really recall. It's an overall gritty affair.
WTF??
Just read this,
Are you actually believing this? LOL!
Can't believe my eyes.
Have you seen the ep?
It's about gambling, nothing about drugs.
If anything they where smoking cigarettes in the ep!
Nothing about drugs!
Old 2013-07-07, 14:48   Link #31
Tenzen12

Un-go: While there suprisungly aren't any drugs
involved as far as I remember, but it has some sex related issues in one ark

Pumpkin Scissors have drug arc

Michiko to Hatchin might have all of it, but I don't remember clearly to be sure.

Ghost in the shell: Manga had some orgies, not sure if it got into anime. Drugs wouldn't suprise me there either.

Sorry for not being clear, but this was never issues I paid particular attention to.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nightlife