AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-07, 19:08   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I suffered one hour of VGX to watch a supposed new trailer of Destiny which have every scene looking suspiciously familiar... =_=

Believe me, you've never experience this level of unsatisfaction.

And f**k VGX <_<
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 19:50   Link #42
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The only thing I'm not liking about VGX is Joel. I don't hate him, but he's being really annoying.

That aside, there are many factors that'll decide what platform I get it on. I think the biggest one is what platform my friends will get it for. muh fye uh team needs to be the most best
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 20:33   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
The only thing I'm not liking about VGX is Joel. I don't hate him, but he's being really annoying.

That aside, there are many factors that'll decide what platform I get it on. I think the biggest one is what platform my friends will get it for. muh fye uh team needs to be the most best
That wouldn't be a problem if cross platform is allow.... I forgot if it is or not
Old 2013-12-07, 22:00   Link #44
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Naw, I don't think so lol. Also, I wonder if the game will have splitscreen.
Old 2013-12-08, 00:20   Link #45
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

After the downgrade from VGA to VGX, not surprised nothing super new got shown.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 08:30   Link #46
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Why suffer through award shows when you can just get those reveal footage off the youtube or any major gaming website later. Award shows are mostly garbage anyway even for stuff like movies or musics let alone video games. The only one i m looking forward to is Giantbomb's GOTY award and mainly for the sketches that the crew does than the list of who actually won what.
Old 2013-12-09, 08:34   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
You have to experience how terribad it was dude

It's pretty epic in it's own way
Old 2013-12-09, 08:50   Link #48
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

This is the first time I'm glad I overslept.
Old 2013-12-09, 09:46   Link #49
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
After the downgrade from VGA to VGX, not surprised nothing super new got shown.
The VGX had Canada's finest Geoff Keighley co-host the entire thing, so that was a plus for me.
Old 2013-12-09, 10:08   Link #50
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I didn't have the perseverance to go through the entire VGX.

There's been a lot of crappy events in the history of gaming conferences/events, but VGX really takes the cake in "how much we can offend, insult and make fun of our viewers while we show fucking nothing."

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 12:39   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And now we're all stronger because we have watched it
Old 2013-12-09, 12:42   Link #52
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I like Geoff. Felt bad for him. I've never seen the other guy though (don't watch much TV) and felt he was awful.

I miss Samuel L Jackson from 2012. ;_;
Old 2013-12-09, 12:53   Link #53
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I like Geoff. Felt bad for him. I've never seen the other guy though (don't watch much TV) and felt he was awful.

I miss Samuel L Jackson from 2012. ;_;
I found the whole context hilarious, because the other guy (Joel) is loved for that exact "snarky jackass" act he pulls in Community.

Other than that...yea, VGX was awful. Scriptwriters had no ideas what they were doing and the reveals were just awful. Seriously who thought it was a good idea to have a rerelease of a game that came out earlier in the year be a world premiere?

Lest we derail this thread into the "VGX bitching" thread, I'd just add on topic that the Destiny "showcase" was amazingly disappointing, especially when I sat through over an hour of that show just to see a trailer half made up of recycled footage.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 13:44   Link #54
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I didn't have the perseverance to go through the entire VGX.

There's been a lot of crappy events in the history of gaming conferences/events, but VGX really takes the cake in "how much we can offend, insult and make fun of our viewers while we show fucking nothing."
Yeah I thought I was the only one that got that feeling from VGX. In the past VGA's, even though they were heavy in their use of skits, they were still fairly entertaining. While VGX was just a complete lack luster, it also didn't help that Joel was doing a lot of unnecessary improv for the show, you could see on Geoff face going WTF and just trying to go with it. The best VGA hosts would be Neil Patrick Harris, Zachary Levi, and of course the guy who has a contract to use vulgarity Samuel L Jackson. We can only hope that it gets better for the years to come or else it will end up with the same fate as G4's videos gams awards.

And all of the revels were all really short videos, and things we already know, its possible more gaming news would used for GDC or E3. The only good bit of info was on Titan Fall, its really sad the guys at Bungie didn't give us more details on Destiny.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 13:48   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
The only good bit of info was on Titan Fall, its really sad the guys at Bungie didn't give us more details on Destiny.
I'm hoping they would release an good 15min video about the exploration aspects of their game and not just combat-combat-combat.
Old 2013-12-09, 13:51   Link #56
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Given Destiny was delayed to Fall, that's probably why we've kind of seen so little. Marketing from Activision probably won't kick in till around Feb/March.
Old 2013-12-09, 14:46   Link #57
Asuras
Dictadere~!

At least we still get the beta-access early on next year, right?

;_;
Old 2013-12-09, 14:53   Link #58
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I dunno if Summer 2014 is early
Old 2014-01-13, 13:16   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lots of details (Covering Multiplayer Game modes, Focuses, Classes and Races, Enemy Details, Locations, Factions etc.)

...So about the classes, it seems that your class doesn't determine your role, all classes have 'focus' which you equipped and that would determine your role.

So it's another one of those "Everybody can do everything" sort of RPG... I don't know, maybe I'm old school, but I feel like there's a certain 'charm' or 'identity' that is missing if everybody can do everything. In any case, all of them have start out with 2 focuses, one DPS, and one other- Titans are the tanks, Warlocks are the healers... They didn't mention another for the hunters though.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-01-13 at 13:32.
Old 2014-02-13, 03:26   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The world of Destiny is an immense frontier. Your missions as a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth will cover a lot of ground. To propel you from one location to the next, no matter which destination you’re fighting to recapture, there is the Shrike. It swallows the landscape like a bird of prey with an insatiable appetite for scenery; be it the crimson dunes of Mars, the lush jungles of Venus, the dusty craters of the Moon, or the rusted wastes of our own homeworld.
http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11412

The biggest implication of having a personal mount vehicle means that we're talking a terrain large enough to warrant it