AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-28, 20:23   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Arrow Toradora Re-Watch 2011

Toradora Re-Watch 2011

Toradora was one of the first animes I discussed after joining AnimeSuki. I then learned just how much more memorable a series is when you get to talk about it with everyone. Not to mention how much more you'll learn about and appreciate a series. Therefore, let's watch and discuss Toradora again and appreciate it even more. To add to the experience select commentary and interviews may be posted each week as well.

I highly recommend buying the DVDs if you can. It comes with an awesome hardcover book that has so much information in it. Also, watching on a TV is so a lot better than a computer monitor. You can get them from RightStuf.com (Vol. 1 | Vol. 2) for a good price.

We'll watch one episode each week, on Saturday, and spend that week discussing it, as if it were airing. You don't have to watch it on Saturday exactly, but that's when it'll start and all. We'll start after the holidays are over since everyone will be busy. Plus it gives people time to spread word about this and to order the DVDs. Ask Santa for them.

Spoiler for Schedule:

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2011-01-12 at 22:37. Reason: Added product links.
Old 2010-11-29, 05:04   Link #2
Taufiq91

May the best of luck goes to you man

I'm planning to rewatch the Christmas episodes of Toradora on Christmas week alongside other Christmas episode of other animes

Ever since finishing Toradora! last Saturday, i had this beautiful feeling in my heart that i just can't describe. it's neither sad nor happy, and it's neither funny nor depressing.

It's a feeling that i don't get from other sad or happy endings. It feels like i've been touched by an angel. it's so beautiful that i can't even cry or even smile if i want to. I think it stems from the moment they kiss in the final episode or that Christmas episode with Taiga alone in the apartment. I've never felt something so touching in my life. Thank you JC Staff for such a wonderful anime.

And i'm planning to give a DVD of Toradora as a Christmas present to one of my friends
Old 2010-11-29, 05:06   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hmmm I might actually join this.
Old 2010-11-29, 14:50   Link #4
arissax

I'd love to join in on this for sure! Toradora is defiantly one of my favorite animes!~ i loved every minute of it! and i have to say since i finished it i've missed it quite a bit lol.

This is a great idea! ^^

Good Luck!~
Old 2010-11-29, 16:50   Link #5
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Hmmm I might actually join this.
I might too, since I watched it much quicker than that the first time, so watching it slow could be interesting.
MAL
Old 2010-11-29, 19:15   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This might be fun.... its interesting to see if anime I've enjoyed hold up under review.
Old 2010-11-30, 08:43   Link #7
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I've been planning to rewatch Toradora! for a long time now. Count me in!
Old 2010-11-30, 12:26   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This might be fun.... its interesting to see if anime I've enjoyed hold up under review.
Yeah i might just do it for that reason. I didn't enjoy the show as much as some people, though it turned out to be a nice piece of fresh air. Will join depending on how many shows i end up watching in the new season.
Old 2010-11-30, 15:49   Link #9
Deathscyther

Sounds like a great idea. Toradora is easily one of my favorite shows and I've been planning to re-watch it for some time now.

Count me in!
Old 2010-11-30, 15:57   Link #10
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'm planning on aquiring the series to re-watch it, i feel very depressen for events ocurring on one of my another favourite franchises si i'll gladly jump into this project Toradora! leave a deep impression on me, is so powerfull it made me finally end my dark era of watching horror and sad anime triggered by Higurashi no Naku koro ni(that's right, the Palmtop Tiger of Happiness is so powerfull it can banish Oyashiro-sama from my soul xD) and i hope it will do the same for me now. So, LET'S WATCH TORADORA!!! xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-30, 21:21   Link #11
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I would like to join, but let's face it, I'm not managing even one rewatch, let alone two...

Old 2010-11-30, 23:46   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I would like to join, but let's face it, I'm not managing even one rewatch, let alone two...
Yeah that's the reality check... I'm not finding enough time to even watch the series this season I like that is currently airing much less pop open an old favorite.
Old 2010-12-03, 02:31   Link #13
Kamonichan

I was going to buy the series off RightStuf anyway, so I might as well join in. I'd heard that there are problems with the NIS Region 1 releases, at least for part 1, but we shall see.
Old 2010-12-03, 07:55   Link #14
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Glad to hear you guys are joining! I hope those of you who are iffy have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
I was going to buy the series off RightStuf anyway, so I might as well join in. I'd heard that there are problems with the NIS Region 1 releases, at least for part 1, but we shall see.
You may have problems with the first volume. But if you just fill out their online form, they'll send you replacements in the mail in a couple of weeks (I got mine in a week).
Old 2010-12-04, 18:12   Link #15
D-Gold
Aurum

i re-watched the whole toradora series 4 times.
I think I will make this one my 5th
Old 2010-12-13, 17:08   Link #16
demonkevy666

I'd re-watch it if I could find a girl to watch it with. lol
Old 2010-12-13, 17:28   Link #17
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
i re-watched the whole toradora series 4 times.
I think I will make this one my 5th
Jeez,and I thought the fact that this would be my 3rd time would seem like a lot

Didn't follow a thread when I first watched it so I'll be glad to follow a rewatch thread
Old 2010-12-14, 00:08   Link #18
Kamonichan

Have we determined a starting date for this? My DVDs haven't come in yet, so it may be a little hard for me, ya know?
Old 2010-12-14, 04:20   Link #19
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Have we determined a starting date for this? My DVDs haven't come in yet, so it may be a little hard for me, ya know?
Read the spoiler in the OP for the "planned" date of it
MAL
Old 2010-12-17, 04:24   Link #20
Kamonichan

Whoops. Maybe next time I'll remember everything I read.
Closed Thread

Tags
re-watch, toradora