AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-06, 21:17   Link #541
karuroso

First of all im not liking the character designs so far, Ayumi and Nikaido-sensei looks really bad to me >_> and wasn't this suposed to be the same guy who did the characters designs for Bakemonogatari?(or thats what i think read here) anyway, looks like some scenes were changed, like the one where Keima wasn't there to cheer up with signs etc or the introduction scene, the manga started with Elsee, but those are just small changes ,nothing to be of much complain.
The pace here was a bit( not that much, just a little =~) fast imo, i think in manga Keima struggled more to believe that Elsee was a demon from hell.

and was just only me or does anyone thought that the traditional "i can see the ending" catchphrase would be a more impressive scene? i.i

Anyway the OP was amazing =D and the rest was faithful to the manga much more than i expected
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 21:26   Link #542
pampz21
ShipCore

well the second season is confirmed anyways....so nothing much will happend if you keep complaining the char design...cuz the first 50-70 ch is just like that....cuz the mangaka wasn't experience in drawing Keima.....anyway they said that if the anime do good....they reach 26 ep!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 21:47   Link #543
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
watched... good OP sequences, character designs are also good for me, some instances characters looks so bad but i'm giving episode 1 a 8.5/10
Old 2010-10-06, 22:09   Link #544
paladinenvec

I'm fan of the manga but at least in this i'll try to separate this from the original source.
The Opening its strong indeed, the music and the video were quite good, the first 8 minutes were a little boring cause i knew what's going to happen lols,but after that, it was quite enjoyable the pacing was fast but it was still pretty good condensing the important things some were altered from the original source but its not something to send a bomb to the director, i think the catchphrase "I can see the Ending" was a little unimpressive but i think that in the next chapter that would change since at that time the mangaka too did not put much emphasis so next chapters would be better, and the kiss was pretty good done, the only thing that i did not like that much was the design in general its so-so...
btw Elsee its so adorable in anime...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 22:28   Link #545
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I don't know what people are talking about, but the production quality of this anime was unusually high. Character design was probably one of the best; which is apparent when you compare it with other animes. (such as failed animation/chara design of Bakuman)

Overall, this was the best I've seen this season, no the best first episode impression I got this year 2010. I had absolutely no complains with any of the seen, almost flawless. I was trying to be critical, but it was just not possible since it is so goddamn awesome. Hiro did decent job with Keima's voice as I expected, Elsea was hotter than manga version. Simply amazing.

My ego tells me to rate this episode 10/10. But since I want to be look smart, changing it to 9/10.
Old 2010-10-06, 22:28   Link #546
NecocYaotl

I like the OP, although I can't really catch the lyrics. Is the OP song in english?
Flag 0 is not included in flag 1, so it will be exclusive for the manga omake only?
I also like the parts where they included a part of Ayumi 4-koma omake in the end, but they should add more of them.

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 22:35   Link #547
Genda

I didn't really like the character designs.

Manglobe did a pretty good job with the adoption. Some parts seemed rushed compare to the manga but they did a good job where it counts, the climax scene.

The OP was really nice. Don't know about the ED.
And I get the feeling Keima blushed too often. Keima wasn't supposed to be interested in real girls.

It didn't really have the ALL HAIL KEIMA feel I get from the manga.

I'm giving the first episode a 9/10 and hope the rest gets even better.
Still kinda nervous about this adaption...
Genda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 22:59   Link #548
Xacual

I just noticed but
Spoiler for Manga Comparison:

Otherwise I have no complaints about episode 1 at all. Is this season only one cour? Since Spring 2011 is next season two cours would mean it would run non stop until summer.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 23:21   Link #549
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

''The first episode has exceeded all my expectations for the anime''. That was the thing I wanted to say before watching the actual episode.
Spoiler for Episode 1: Love makes the world goes round:
Overall, very satisfying and great starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
I like the OP, although I can't really catch the lyrics. Is the OP song in english?
Parts of it sounded like it was in English, but the rest I think was in Japanese.

Also loved the additions and changes they've made in the episode, it helped improve the first chapter imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Oh, and Crunchy? It's "Elsee". That's an actual name, you know.
About this, I remember a discussion about this a while back about how how her name could be translated in a number of way's (''LC'' ) I wonder if the CR translator used their own judgment or were told that this is the correct romanisation.
Old 2010-10-06, 23:22   Link #550
Midonin
Last Engage

Actually, neither the fansubs nor the scanlations got it right apparently.

"Elsie" is the spelling to go with, so says a source that's quite official.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 23:38   Link #551
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Wow is that an annoying name to translate or what?
Old 2010-10-06, 23:40   Link #552
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
You probably think it's old because TWGOK's nature is tamer compared to the other mangas/animes. It barely crosses the moral boundary.

I like the cuter art in the manga but I would say that the character designs in the anime isn't bad.

As for the comedy, looking back when I first read chapter 1 it wasn't really the comedy that hooked me. It was actually the capture. Yeah it's pretty much about how he's going to do the capture for me.

Anyway as for the first episode. I think it was a pretty good adaptation. Sure there were some things that were omitted but I feel that someone who hasn't read the manga would get the same feeling as someone who read it by watching this episode. Personally I'd rate it 9/10.

I kinda noticed at the opening sequence that it stopped on Shiori though... hmmm... are they going to end season 1 on Shiori then continue on to Jun on season 2? I really want an anime adaptation of Yui's arc. x_X

Last edited by MartianMage; 2010-10-07 at 01:06.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 00:10   Link #553
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I guess we are only only to get 4 girls this season....we've got a long way to go.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 00:12   Link #554
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
First of all im not liking the character designs so far, Ayumi and Nikaido-sensei looks really bad to me >_> and wasn't this suposed to be the same guy who did the characters designs for Bakemonogatari?(or thats what i think read here) anyway, looks like some scenes were changed, like the one where Keima wasn't there to cheer up with signs etc or the introduction scene, the manga started with Elsee, but those are just small changes ,nothing to be of much complain.
The pace here was a bit( not that much, just a little =~) fast imo, i think in manga Keima struggled more to believe that Elsee was a demon from hell.

and was just only me or does anyone thought that the traditional "i can see the ending" catchphrase would be a more impressive scene? i.i

Anyway the OP was amazing =D and the rest was faithful to the manga much more than i expected
The character designs appear to be a bit closer to "generic moe" than Wakaki-sensei's designs, with a bit more realism tossed in, probably so they can tone down the chibification and still get the desired contrasting effect. I can understand this from a marketing perspective, since the spreads in Megami and similar magazines all seem to end up looking alike, but from a creative perspective, it bugs me. Wakaki-sensei's designs, especially in color, really start to resemble the art prevalent in dating sims (if a bit simpler), which of course makes sense considering the premise. The anime designs lose this. It's especially unfortunate considering the character designer had no problem using simple, relatively unconventional designs for Bakemonogatari.

Anyone who disagrees, be honest. Which reminds you more of the manga style? The anime, or the static pic during the next ep preview (drawn by an eroge/dating sim artist, IIRC)?

What this means is that some characters are going to just look different. Elsee is quite apparent, as the most visible female character, but Ayumi (nudged along as well by Wakaki's own slight design shift for her as of late) and (unfortunately) Nikaido were also both strongly affected. Ayumi because she, really more than any of the other heroines even to date, does have a bit of a "generic heroine" look about her, which is only accentuated by the design change, and Nikaido for the opposite reason, since she, like all of Wakaki-sensei's mature female characters, has quite a striking design. Ayumi looks different but acceptible (at least to me), but Nikaido just looks depressingly generic. The other heroines seen in the OP (not all of the ones we've seen in the PV are there, indicating a second OP down the road) are all archetypical enough to have kept their general design, although we'll be able to tell better once their arcs start (next episode, by the Flag 2.5 title).

Fast pace is something we'll need to get used to. They appear to be squeezing all the heroines from the PV into one cour, so it's expected.

But the OP is nice. Not what I expected, but it works.
Old 2010-10-07, 00:16   Link #555
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Meh. That's all the reaction I have of the first episode.

Then again, never really got into TWGOK until a certain girl comes (felt like too much like 'monster of the week' for my taste), so take that as you will...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 00:45   Link #556
Jarmel

Really liking the colors in use and the character designs. "I can see the ending" was indeed a little underwhelming but overall I'm pretty positive about the series. Let's see if Manglobe can keep the production values up.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 00:46   Link #557
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Huh. This may be the first time I'm in the "Read the Manga first" camp. I hope my expectations don't ruin a genuinely good adaption.

With that said, HOLY CRAP ITS REAL ITS FINALLY HERE!

Spoiler for *cough*:
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 01:00   Link #558
Clarste
Human

Hmm. If I hadn't read the manga first I probably wouldn't think much of this. Something about the overall feel to it doesn't suck me in. The ending made me think "huh, that was easy" rather than "wow, he's awesome". Quite disappointing to me.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 01:05   Link #559
gonzo562

the first episode was alright.

The voice acting was pretty good
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 02:05   Link #560
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Wow! Outstanding OP theme song. The best I heard in a very long while. The musical composition is superlative!

And the score is awesome! To be expected from a gifted musician.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen