AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-10, 20:47   Link #341
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I am pretty sure Rubel and Roxanne fit that.
, I can agree with that

Ophelia would qualify as one as well

Actually, many characters have trolled every now and again; Isley trolled the whole island when he lied about beating that "female awakened being" (Priscilla)
Old 2012-02-10, 20:48   Link #342
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

The Dr. sure has a cure for inactivity though.

And they brought up a point that I guess I never really noticed.

I'll admit to being a sheep. I frequently vote average or good, because maybe if I keep lying to myself about liking the chapter, then I won't ever not like Claymore. It sucks when you have to ignore things that you just find boring in a chapter week after week, and say to yourself what the good points are...if there are any.

Then again, I also just have to think about other manga and realize Claymore is still better at it's worst lol.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:49   Link #343
Nixl

I think Ophelia stopped just short of it, because in the end she had a sob story that made her a disgruntled orphan.

Rubel? Trolled everyone, everywhere.

Roxanne? Maybe not the troll Claymore deserves, but the one it needs now.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:49   Link #344
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Rig the Bandit a troll so powerful he'll ruin your life forever.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:51   Link #345
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

6-armed AB was a troll (first AB Clare fought). With a really long tongue

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2012-02-10, 20:52   Link #346
MalakTawus

Even Riful was a great troll
Old 2012-02-10, 20:53   Link #347
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Even Riful was a great troll
But she was at least classy.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:53   Link #348
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I think Ophelia stopped just short of it, because in the end she had a sob story that made her a disgruntled orphan.

Rubel? Trolled everyone, everywhere.

Roxanne? Maybe no the troll Claymore deserves, but the one it needs now.
Heh, Batman agrees with that....the story needs a troll like Roxanne right now .

Quote:
Rig the Bandit a troll so powerful he'll ruin your life forever.
Roflmao, yes yes YES

He trolled the island forever - it's all his fault, well, that everything happened

Quote:
Dear Shiek927, please don't randomly blame me your mood swings and instead see my receptionist Tabitha at the earliest opportunity so we can help you. Like I said, the services are free.
Sure, why not - she recently joined Teresa's D-cup club...I wouldn't mind Deneve checking me out.

Taby can join in...it would be interesting getting both of Claymore's "lesbians" (I put that in quotes for a reason).

====

Poor Dauf.....Claire trolled him bad when he thought Claire was a boy....I wonder if Riful knows he's still in the closet.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:54   Link #349
Milia_Genei

Oh my, now we have two Deneve doctors.

I also liked that joke, and that banner was really nice. I wonder why someone felt offended by that picture. There must be another reason. I think that "dr.deneve" person was banned for a double account - we can have only one, and that person wrote like someone who knows our current discussion. I think it was member who created second account just for the joke, and then he/she let to delete his/hers account by mods.

Welcome, Dr. Deneve. The more, the merrier.

I liked chapter, so I am sheep. I would be happy to see Clare, but Nike seems similar to Clare (got bootleg joke:
Spoiler for joke pic:
). Clare was our trouble maker, and now we have Nike. I know, she is background for you, but I like how she resembles Clare and Helen (from Slashers arc). Now Helen is a pirate or even something worse (she is smiling like a pirate). I liked her always, but now she is all mighty, and Deneve is even more all mighty.

I like authentic characters, not all mighty heroes. Nike looks boyish and she is authentic. Yuma is weak, but weak characters are cute in a way. Cynthia care about others. Miria is powerful, but she is a beautiful woman, she is smart but she also makes many mistakes, so her character seems 'real'. She knows now her limits and sees that the current situation is difficult. Deneve and Helen don't know their limits - they are happy in front of 3 abyssal ones, they are smiling to them. Deneve knows everything. Miria knows nothing. Deneve doesn't make any mistakes. Miria makes mistakes all the time. Sorry, but I still prefer Miria than Deneve. I know, as Denev said, Miria is a naive idealist, she doesn't know a life. But if we are doing something and making mistakes, we can learn things. (Unless if we die in the process of learning.)

When Jean died (my first fav character in Claymore) i moved my interest to Miria, Helen and Denev. At Slashers arc Helen and Denev were similar to Nike. It was nice duet, Helen was funny and Deneve was a troublemaker. They were authentic. But they changed. Nowadays I am not sure - I still like them or not?

Clare disappeared, but action moved to Miria, so I didn't complain from the beginning. But now it is to much time without main character. I predict that when this arc ends, survivors will return to Rabona with Raki and Raftela, and Galatea will free Clare from the blob while Raftela will control Priscilla mentally. It is only explanation for Raftela's surviving - she will save Clare. Probably Priscilla will kill Raftela and escape, so Claire can chase her (and claymore can continue and transform to another Naruto).

What we really fighting for?
Old 2012-02-10, 20:56   Link #350
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
But she was at least classy.
Yup,she was amazing,surely one of my fav characters
Old 2012-02-10, 21:01   Link #351
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Clare disappeared, but action moved to Miria, so I didn't complain from the beginning. But now it is to much time without main character. I predict that when this arc ends, survivors will return to Rabona with Raki and Raftela, and Galatea will free Clare from the blob while Raftela will control Priscilla mentally. It is only explanation for Raftela's surviving - she will save Clare. Probably Priscilla will kill Raftela and escape, so Claire can chase her (and claymore can continue and transform to another Naruto).
......Noooo

Priscilla...mmmm....especially with regards to her double-persona, it actually wouldn't surprise me if she were weak in that regard, though it also wouldn't surprise me if she was too strong...

The funny though is, your theory is actually pretty plausible - I can't say I agree with it or like it, but it could happen
Old 2012-02-10, 21:03   Link #352
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milia_Genei View Post
Deneve and Helen don't know their limits - they are happy in front of 3 abyssal ones, they are smiling to them.
People don't seem to understand this. Ever heard of the phrase, "Smile in the face of Death"?
They fully know that they will probably not make it. They are smiling because they know they might die. But if they die they will have died fighting for what they believe is right. Destroying the Organization at all costs. It is revenge too.

Remember Ophelia's older brother? He was smiling in the end because he knew that he was going to die protecting his little sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------
It seems that "Dr. Deneve" was banned. But he was a troll after all.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2012-02-10, 22:02   Link #353
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
It seems that "Dr. Deneve" was banned. But he was a troll after all.
Hard to tell...maybe he was just somebody who took the joke too far; maybe he'll come back, maybe he'll reveal who he really was, maybe he was just a troll after all....

I really don't get it; I probably should have had more fun with it, but given the circumstances...

Ehh who knows; I suddenly wonder if Dr.D accounts will be a new trend ; I'm just happy my picture wasn't taken down

Last edited by Shiek927; 2012-02-10 at 23:41.
Old 2012-02-10, 23:56   Link #354
Ulquihorror

noooo, dr.deneve of the great firm ass got banned
Old 2012-02-11, 03:37   Link #355
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Spoiler for why....:
Quote:
Hysteria: It goes without saying, but if you apply any strength in any direction other than pulling it out, in that instant your upper body will cease to exist
ah thats why she didn't do it.....damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
can't wait for the translation if one of my theories come true
Quote:
Miria ask Cassandra for her help, if she not to busy with Roxanne....
Quote:
Deneve: Miria is aiming for the center of that chaotic whirlpool.
well I was half right, never thought of dragging Hysteria to Cass/Rox fight. hopefully for 1 chp only
Old 2012-02-11, 18:15   Link #356
Nixl

Yikes, looks like a certain stream...of manga has bitten the dust in regards to Jump manga. Does not mean Claymore scans are dead, since no one wants to wait on official scans that are, at times, short bus quality.

Next chapter should be...interesting.
Old 2012-02-11, 18:34   Link #357
Arlenis
Of Lights

So I have two direct questions for Ryus and Claymore! and one general one:
How do you make those panels RYUS!? The one you made to mock me and call me a filthy No.11 (I do like that number however...but not as a rank).
Also, CLAYMORE!, I got invited to a group you're in and I don't know how to accept,....or is their some strange initiation to be had?

Lastly, I just realized that Anastasia's hair strands can be infused with the yoki of OTHERS as well as hers to virtually control the elasticity and frigidity. That's strange. I think it'd make sense with HER being able to do it or even someone with synchronization abilities but why can just anyone pull that off? That's silly.
Old 2012-02-11, 18:40   Link #358
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Deneve: Miria is aiming for the center of that chaotic whirlpool.
It is kinda like when Deneve and Helen tried to escape from Priscilla by going towards the Destroyer.
And we all now how that turned out.

@Arlenis, on the group's page there should be a button close to the bottom and in the middle of the page that says "join group". It should be underlined. Click on it and then click "yes" to join the group.

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2012-02-11 at 19:04.
Old 2012-02-11, 20:06   Link #359
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Yikes, looks like a certain stream...of manga has bitten the dust in regards to Jump manga. Does not mean Claymore scans are dead, since no one wants to wait on official scans that are, at times, short bus quality.

Next chapter should be...interesting.
....You lost me, what are you talking about exactly (with regards to "jump manga")?
Old 2012-02-11, 20:47   Link #360
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I still think 1. Claymore is one of the best manga, I'm just not as excited about it as before. 2. Since Isley died it kept going down-hill. To many intervention by God Yagi. Miria is not that interesting, she mostly shine when she is with Clare, but I guess Lord Yagi 3. wanted her to be more than just Clare's sidekick.

Gamaran is a good manga so far, not to many God interventions.

I still like Claymore, but the trill is gone.
1. Yes, it is a very good manga; I agree I am not as excited about it as before. I do not think it's because of Claire's absence, it is just the way things happened.
2. I liked Isley's death, it was interesting, unexpected and different. This is way I used to like Claymore a lot.
3. That's never going to happen. She had her moment but she was never to able to shine by herself. It's like Rebecca Black, she had her moment and nothing happened.

The chapter was not bad by itself, but it is immersed in a bad and illogically written plot.
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria