AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-16, 13:17   Link #221
akitakumi
Akizz

wow the heroine looks like yuna from X-2... the way she shooting exactly like her man i will definitely ply this game for sure.... the protagonist looks coolx
akitakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 17:54   Link #222
V-Slasher

I hate CG only trailers.

anyway the guy in versus looks like a sort of silver haired cloud, not really an original character...

I prefer "normal" XIII for now.
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 11:20   Link #223
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The FFXIII trailer has short in-game battle scene, and from my view, it looks almost the same as CG movie.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:44   Link #224
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The FFXIII trailer has short in-game battle scene, and from my view, it looks almost the same as CG movie.
Y'know, i'm willing to think that the scene before that in-game battle where she is fighting the monster might be a cut-scene using in game graphics... i mean, looking at the monster and comparing it to damn near everything else in the trailer, it doesn't look as well done in my opinion...

And comparing how lightning looks in that scene fighting that monster to how she looks in the scene before that one, facing down that robot thing, i think their might be a slight difference in how well she is rendered... i think the hair atleast might not be as well rendered during the monster fight as it is when she's facing down that robot... will need a HD version of the trailer to be sure though since it could just be a lighting thing
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:03   Link #225
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitakumi View Post
wow the heroine looks like yuna from X-2... the way she shooting exactly like her man i will definitely ply this game for sure.... the protagonist looks coolx
Hmm... I always hear people say that she looks like a female Cloud Strife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
So by ur logic WoW is an incredible game then? despite being unoriginal, lackluster graphics, there are 9.3million people that plays it, it MUST be good!

Judging a game based on how many peeps plays it or how high it ranks on a FAQ page is essentially the same, it tells nothing about the game itself aside from its well advertised so a lot of peeps plays it, doesn't mean its any good.
I think the reason why WoW is so popular is mainly because of the amount of people playing. The interaction with other people around the world is the main point of an MMO(It's not the grinding, that's for sure), and since WoW has so many people playing it, there's a good enough chance you'll find new friends and such. Same goes with a forum. You meet new people, make friends and you stay.

Quote:
I can proudly say i'm one of the bigger FF fans but i was throughly disappointed with FF12. Sure the CG presentations are freaking awesome despite being rendered on a PS2, but the story is long and boring, the characters are dull, the gambit system is essentially a bot program. Personally i'm a big fan of the FF turn-based combat, so i may be biased towards the new system. But even though they took it out of the game i still would've liked the system if it wasnt for the depth of the gambit system- everything can be pre-set, making the actual combat completely automatic, barring any successive lucky attacks from bosses u can basically pre-set ur gambits and go watch a movie.
Well XII is what happens when you don't have Nomura, Kitase, Sakaguchi, and Uematsu having a role in an FF game. I still thought it was fun though. I think it's fine for S-E to go ahead and try something they haven't done before, if fans don't like it, then they'll know to try something else.(Or revert back to the old)

Quote:
I do believe FF7 is overhyped and overrated, but still it WAS a good game, the story was deep, the characters were mostly well-developed and some bosses were actually challenging. FF8 was disliked due to a more romance based story + draw system, but i think its still 10 times better than FF12.
I don't think it was overhyped at all. At least not when it first came out. But I guess getting so much attention even after 10 years can make it seem overhyped.

As for XIII and vsXIII. I don't know what kind of reaction to give right now. I'm feeling iffy about both of them. I have a feeling that they might change Final Fantasy XIII and vsXIII into something unrecognizable. As if they could have just given it another name and nobody would even think it's related to FF.(I think that's what happened with FFXII, aside from the monsters, magic and names, the game didn't give the Final Fantasy vibe I got from I-X) Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Old 2007-12-17, 20:33   Link #226
Garet Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know, i'm willing to think that the scene before that in-game battle where she is fighting the monster might be a cut-scene using in game graphics... i mean, looking at the monster and comparing it to damn near everything else in the trailer, it doesn't look as well done in my opinion...

And comparing how lightning looks in that scene fighting that monster to how she looks in the scene before that one, facing down that robot thing, i think their might be a slight difference in how well she is rendered... i think the hair atleast might not be as well rendered during the monster fight as it is when she's facing down that robot... will need a HD version of the trailer to be sure though since it could just be a lighting thing
Not directed at you or anyone in particular (mostly coming from viewing comments elsewhere) but what really gets me is when people actually seem to be offended or disappointed that things are slightly less detailed in real-time. Just trying to figure out which images are which (pre-render vs. real-time) is fine, as you're doing. But to not be satisfied...? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not inspecting each frame as I play a game for texture details, polygons slightly out of place, a few jaggies, etc. As far as I'm concerned, the games look spectacular. So they don't look as good as the pre-rendered CG. That's a given. I don't know. Maybe it's because I still own the original FF cartridge for the NES. The newest generation of gamers are used to and expect the higher-def quality.

*subjective $0.02*
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 21:21   Link #227
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
will need a HD version of the trailer to be sure though since it could just be a lighting thing
I think there have been magazine scans that show it's pretty obvious that it's in-game graphics. There's a huge difference in the quality. That doesn't mean that it's the final in-game graphics though. They could still be targets that will need to be scaled down.

You can also tell that upswing is one of her normal attack moves. She does the exact same move again when fighting the soldiers.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 22:11   Link #228
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

This is *the* reason I'm getting a PS3. As FFX was the reason for me getting a PS2.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 22:33   Link #229
kujoe
from head to heel

Has it really been confirmed that Lightning is indeed the main character? I heard once before that she *may* not be the main character of the game, which struck me as strange since she's so prominent in the video.

On another note, that guy reminds me of Seifer on a bike... With FFXIII looking like a mix of FFX and FVIII I'm not so sure what to make of it, considering they aren't exactly my favorites, but I would be lying to myself if I said that this doesn't interest me at all. Moreover, Lightning seems to be shaping up as a great heroine compared to a few from before. SE should stick to this kind of main heroine more often.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 22:41   Link #230
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Has it really been confirmed that Lightning is indeed the main character? I heard once before that she *may* not be the main character of the game, which struck me as strange since she's so prominent in the video.

On another note, that guy reminds me of Seifer on a bike... With FFXIII looking like a mix of FFX and FVIII I'm not so sure what to make of it, considering they aren't exactly my favorites, but I would be lying to myself if I said that this doesn't interest me at all. Moreover, Lightning seems to be shaping up as a great heroine compared to a few from before. SE should stick to this kind of main heroine more often.
And let's hope for Lightning hot springs/shower scenes
Old 2007-12-18, 00:29   Link #231
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
And let's hope for Lightning hot springs/shower scenes
Amen brotha, amen
Old 2007-12-18, 02:14   Link #232
Jays

Tetsuya Nomura the lead designer (I think) for Final Fantasy XIII was asked to make a female version of Cloud, when designing the main character. He said something about her not being very feminine, or that she wasn't all that good looking.

Man he screwed up. She's gotta be one of the sexiest video game chicks I have ever seen. Oh lawd have mercy.

Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:32   Link #233
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

You know I was thinking that too. Its really stupid huh.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:12   Link #234
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Tetsuya Nomura the lead designer (I think) for Final Fantasy XIII was asked to make a female version of Cloud, when designing the main character. He said something about her not being very feminine, or that she wasn't all that good looking.

Man he screwed up. She's gotta be one of the sexiest video game chicks I have ever seen. Oh lawd have mercy.

good looking, yes. But I somehow kinda agree with his take on her being not very feminine...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:38   Link #235
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
good looking, yes. But I somehow kinda agree with his take on her being not very feminine...
That's probably not the best pic of her, she looked better in the vid IIRC. It's not that she isn't hot or feminine, it's just that I wouldn't put her on the same level as say...Tifa.
Old 2007-12-18, 04:24   Link #236
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Well, consider the restraints, I think he did a good job. It's basically impossible for a leading female to not be good looking. At least, not unless SE doesn't care about making money.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 12:25   Link #237
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Its hard to make it anything better than Tifa, who just happens to be the subject of like 60% of all FF hentai/doujin, that tells u something about her popularity
Old 2007-12-18, 14:39   Link #238
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Bangs boobs spandex clothing. Done.
Old 2007-12-19, 03:06   Link #239
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, she looks like a female version of Squall.

Besides the fact that she can take care of herself in a fight and gives off a cold, somewhat detached look, she also wields a gunblade... thing of sorts.

And well, that's actually not so bad. I usually prefer the more combat-oriented heroines over the Aerith-Rinoa-Yuna damsel types.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 03:14   Link #240
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Personally, I prefer Lulu over all other FF girls. Tifa would be a close second.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360