Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-02, 23:07   Link #261
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What, really?

& you complain about this being a CLAMP show.. when it is a CLAMP show? Don't watch it knowing it's a CLAMP work then.
That, really.

I tried it out because it was supposed to be the successor of Blood+. I know Clamp is involved, but I was hoping that the entire thing wasn't Clamp. If it was called Cram... I mean, Clamp-C, then you would have a point though. Not that it is.
In the first place, I was only complaining about the fact that the Clamp smell was stronger than the Blood smell (rather, more like 100 : 0), not that I hated Clamp and hated their works. Not that I have a good impression either though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 23:37   Link #262
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The only thing I want from this series is simply Saya being a vampire and she kills a lot of stuff, that's it. I just want it to resemble the movie unlike Blood+. Also why is this Saya wearing glasses? Vampires are suppose to have good eyesight, if she isn't a vampire..I'm going to pull a hissy fit.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:17   Link #263
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That, really.

I tried it out because it was supposed to be the successor of Blood+. I know Clamp is involved, but I was hoping that the entire thing wasn't Clamp. If it was called Cram... I mean, Clamp-C, then you would have a point though. Not that it is.
In the first place, I was only complaining about the fact that the Clamp smell was stronger than the Blood smell (rather, more like 100 : 0), not that I hated Clamp and hated their works. Not that I have a good impression either though.
You do know the C stands for CLAMP, right?
Old 2011-07-03, 00:18   Link #264
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:

No they're not.
At least in CCS, TRC, Kobato and the latest Gate 7
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:36   Link #265
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The first episode was quite good, but admittedly, there was a bit of what I would say to be a 'friction' of styles. The CLAMP-ness was everywhere to the extent I would echo the point that the first episode felt very simulated. It feels more like like an amalgam of CLAMP storytelling factors put in a box thus far.

It's a rather biased opinion, admittedly as I was just throughout the entire episode with a mental checklist of "There's the guy with aprons. There's the brooding guy CLAMP loves! There's the twins! There's the father-complex!" of stuff that CLAMP seems to kinda like in their work.

But I still feel that Blood-C hasn't quite set itself on its own in an organic way yet, in a manner of speech. It's hard to describe it, personally.

Also, brooding silent guy, please don't take too long to inject yourself into the main plot. Though I'm left with a decent impression for the long run, if I were to add another thing, my first impression of the Saya + Dad is that it's kinda of a boring 'night hunter' dynamic for the dark side of the story. It needs... something or someone else.

Father's death ( It's CLAMP, so it's likely ), Silent Guy being Haji-C, Friendzone Guy turning into a demon, CLAMP's version of Diva, something.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:00   Link #266
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Also why is this Saya wearing glasses? Vampires are suppose to have good eyesight, if she isn't a vampire..I'm going to pull a hissy fit.
So that there will be once scene later in the series when she takes them off and let her hair down making ppl go "woah! so cute!"
Old 2011-07-03, 01:33   Link #267
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Wait, since when was Cure Blossom a vampire?!?!

Seriously, good start. Lets see if Clamp can win me over after Blood+ plodded away it's potential
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 03:28   Link #268
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To be honest, Clamp don't bother me that much. What weirded me out is.... "Where the hell are the US Army and David?" Seriously that was the question that bugged me right before I went to sleep after watching that first episode.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 05:15   Link #269
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
There were elements I enjoyed, but I can sense some friction in the melding of styles here. It appears that based on one ep, the CLAMP gene is dominant and the Blood and Production I.G. genes are recessive.
They should have called it Clamp-B instead of Blood-C so we would know who's really dominant and who's really recessive in this crossover.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 05:21   Link #270
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
To be honest, Clamp don't bother me that much. What weirded me out is.... "Where the hell are the US Army and David?" Seriously that was the question that bugged me right before I went to sleep after watching that first episode.
This.

Klutzy Saya is a big let-down but expected from Clamp. Fight scene was typical awesome IG though.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 06:27   Link #271
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
You do know the C stands for CLAMP, right?
Of course.
Then, like the above said, call it CLAMP-B if CLAMP is the main part and BLOOD is the background. Oh wait, then not as many people would watch it. Teheh.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 06:43   Link #272
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Looks someone doesn't know that Blood-C has nothing at all to do with Blood+.

Were people like this when Blood+ was nothing like Blood: The Last Vampire?
Old 2011-07-03, 06:58   Link #273
brocko

Well the movie was only half an hour's long anyway so there wasn't much to go off in that regards compared to Blood+'s 52 eps to this.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 07:57   Link #274
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Of course.
Then, like the above said, call it CLAMP-B if CLAMP is the main part and BLOOD is the background. Oh wait, then not as many people would watch it. Teheh.
Actually, more people would watch it. Blood isn't exactly the most popular franchise in Japan you know.
Old 2011-07-03, 09:28   Link #275
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Clamp.....Clamp everywhere

Not that I mind,I did check out other works from the franchise but never was that interested.

It's definatly the "C" in blood-C that made me check this out.

Saya's clumsyness goes out the window as soon as she starts fighting,so there might be more to it......or not
Old 2011-07-03, 10:36   Link #276
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Looks someone doesn't know that Blood-C has nothing at all to do with Blood+.

Were people like this when Blood+ was nothing like Blood: The Last Vampire?
Actually, the US army and David are elements common to all the Blood media, including the original movie, the novels and different manga series.

Putting that aside though, what I don't like about this version is that it completely tossed aside the hyper realism that have always characterized the Blood franchise, even in the + universe. In contrast, this series feels like a pile of anime tropes to me, or should I said Clamp tropes?

Anyway, the only way to salvage this thing for me would be to somehow introduce Saya's original internal conflict to the series: her regret about having to kill her kin and her doubts about humans being worth it. But not even the + series has the balls to introduce such a theme, so I doubts the Clamps would be willing to do it.
Old 2011-07-03, 12:45   Link #277
bigdeath

So much Clamp hate................jezzzzz

It was an OK start but I'll have to see the next 2 or 3 eps to see if it picks up. This ep just seemed like the clam before the storm. I fully expect Saya to loose her cheery attitude as her life falls apart. Or at least that what I hope happens.
(I know, I'm evil for hoping bad things to happen to such a cute girl)

The fight scene was quite well done; gave Saya more trouble than I expected.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2011-07-03 at 12:55.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 12:49   Link #278
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Clamp is hired for Blood-C in order for them to make a Clamp version of Blood. No more, no less. And that's what I would be watching it for. It goes without saying if you never liked the Clamp stories, that this new show is not for you.
Old 2011-07-03, 13:15   Link #279
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Clamp is hired for Blood-C in order for them to make a Clamp version of Blood. No more, no less. And that's what I would be watching it for. It goes without saying if you never liked the Clamp stories, that this new show is not for you.
But the point is that it doesn't feel like a Clamp version of Blood but rather an original Clamp anime with the Blood name attached to it. That combined with the poor production values make for a very disappointing first episode.
Old 2011-07-03, 13:21   Link #280
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But the point is that it doesn't feel like a Clamp version of Blood but rather an original Clamp anime with the Blood name attached to it. That combined with the poor production values make for a very disappointing first episode.
What poor production values? Everything seemed fine to me and the combat was well done.

As for if this anime deserves the blood name.......WAY too early to say since not much besides character introduction happens this ep.

I mean, I liked blood+ as well but I didn't see anything in this ep that made me think the blood part of this show has been abandon. I suppose some people have no patience for slow intro episodes.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.