AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-01-10, 06:02   Link #101
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

The one from Alter is really a big model... I like that and got it already. Still trying to figure a place for her to stay.

Currently have 3 Nanoha PVC figures and 3 Fate PVC figures ....
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 10:37   Link #102
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hm, Why is it my pre-ordering it by going to the store to pre-order figures actually slower than pre-ordering it online from websites.

I'm still waiting for my Alter Fate, I'd ask them and they replied that it was just released this month (aka December) so that I have to wait abit since they cant get ahold of my orders yet.

Anyone have a clue as to why it takes this long? I was thinking faster because they are an anime store, thought they have connections and would be faster
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 12:10   Link #103
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ connections wont help producing the figures any faster well im still waiting for my fate as well as its always out of stock O.o apparently the site where i preordered is gonna restock late january T_T

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 16:27   Link #104
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i pre-order one before and it was Alter Black dress Saber. It arrived one month and a half after its release date (july 2006). I assume mine would arrive in February since each of their shipment has 2 weeks time interval between them. So, is either 2 weeks for me or 4 weeks for me. Im on the same boat as you Deathkillz haha so no worries.

Along with Fate, im also waiting for the Fate/Stay Night Sakura. Alter sure makes good figures
Old 2007-01-11, 05:46   Link #105
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Sleep with

straps
anyone know where to find those straps ? pillows are fine too!
Kiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 06:06   Link #106
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Good luck, they're all out of print. Well, I don't think the pillows were on sale outside events anyway, but the straps are. HLJ has them all down as discontinued, so no go there.

http://www.tamarket.com.au/keys/phones2/phone2.htm

Has Nanoha, for double the price HLJ had them for, and I have no idea how to order from them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Magical-Gi...QQcmdZViewItem

Has a set of all 3 of them. But that's ebay.

Apart from that, no idea.

Also random but cute:
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 11:37   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
hm, Why is it my pre-ordering it by going to the store to pre-order figures actually slower than pre-ordering it online from websites.

I'm still waiting for my Alter Fate, I'd ask them and they replied that it was just released this month (aka December) so that I have to wait abit since they cant get ahold of my orders yet.

Anyone have a clue as to why it takes this long? I was thinking faster because they are an anime store, thought they have connections and would be faster
More often than not, the anime hobby shop near you is using the *same* access tools (ordering from exporters direct from Japan). They don't order in bulk so they don't get any special favoritism. They don't often speak Japanese so they're kind of at a disadvantage if they try to communicate directly with the model producer. So you're actually increasing the delay by adding a transfer (plus they tend to order using the cheapest shipping (ship) instead of the most expedient (EMS)). Nothing against hobby shops - I use them and the local bookstores when possible but sometimes you're just better off going to the source.

The other issue is that you pretty much HAVE to pre-order or your chances of getting one are slim because they compute the number of figures to make on some percentage of pre-orders (e.g. we got 200 pre-orders? okay make 300 figures). That involves some risk since you don't know the quality -- and it involves some money management since you might be pre-ordering up to six months in advance and have to make sure the money is in the card at the release date.

Even in regard to manga - if I try to buy from Kinokinuya Bookstores... I'm going to wait an extra couple of weeks for it to arrive at the store though I will save a $1.00 or so on shipping since they *do* order bookstacks in bulk.
Old 2007-01-11, 12:30   Link #108
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

I order mine form Ebay over the new year weekend. It got here earlier this week. You might want to cancel your order at thehobby and buy form ebay. Just don't buy form the guys selling for Hong Kong. They are a bunch of crooks.
Old 2007-01-11, 14:25   Link #109
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I pre-order my figures via money payment : / not credit cards. My parents dont allow me that unless is for important purposes.

I pre-order my Fate 2 months before its release date (that is October) and F/SN Sakura (4 months before its release date). When ordering Fate, i recall they mention they have their own distributor.

I think what you guys said are correct, mass ordering from the distributor gets you in the lead of other companies while trying to get to figures in stock. I'd probably have to wait 1 month, not that I am impatient but I just want to know how the system works and so.

When they do arrive I have to pay the rest of the amount for the figures. One thing that is good about the anime store that I am pre-ordering from is that they allow refunds anytime without any penalities before the figures arrive. However, a penalty is charged when I decide to cancel the order after the figures arrived.

@Xellos-_^ Yea, I know what you mean. I went to Hong Kong 2 years ago and see alot of those no brand figures and alot of bootlegs. I learn that if you are buying something in Hong Kong, it is better to examine it very closely and check every details.
Old 2007-01-11, 14:39   Link #110
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I pre-order my figures via money payment : / not credit cards. My parents dont allow me that unless is for important purposes.

I pre-order my Fate 2 months before its release date (that is October) and F/SN Sakura (4 months before its release date). When ordering Fate, i recall they mention they have their own distributor.

I think what you guys said are correct, mass ordering from the distributor gets you in the lead of other companies while trying to get to figures in stock. I'd probably have to wait 1 month, not that I am impatient but I just want to know how the system works and so.

When they do arrive I have to pay the rest of the amount for the figures. One thing that is good about the anime store that I am pre-ordering from is that they allow refunds anytime without any penalities before the figures arrive. However, a penalty is charged when I decide to cancel the order after the figures arrived.

@Xellos-_^ Yea, I know what you mean. I went to Hong Kong 2 years ago and see alot of those no brand figures and alot of bootlegs. I learn that if you are buying something in Hong Kong, it is better to examine it very closely and check every details.
With Ebay you can pay by paypal and they can take the money directly form you checking account. So no credit cards necessary.

If you are lucky ordering a sabre form HK could get you a Sader.
Old 2007-01-11, 14:43   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In the arena of .... "I'm spending too money much on this hobby and can't keep track" ... a Nanoha figure arrived today that I did not recall ordering. It was the GoodSmile "full bore kickass" Nanoha --- and I'm glad I ordered it

Very dynamic posing, the face is decent (not as grim as I'd like), the energy feathers are translucent and the dress fabric hang makes me feel like I should run a fan for flutter effect. The *only* complaint I have is that this is the first model that does not use a transparent red plastic for RH's core ball. Its painted (though hardly noticeable amongst all the energy flair). The funny thing is that my favorite part is her shoes... they have the heft and bulk of tank boots (like the anime) rather than the flimsier things the other models have.

Made it easy to pack up "bland Nanoha" for ebay ... I now have two Fates and two Nanoha that will be fun to display.

@Xellos: yeah, I was looking at some 4" Negima figures this morning on ebay that at first glance looked like new Negima!? items.... but the package art is from Xebec material... the figures are improperly dressed and scream Xebec instead of Shaft ... and have just had things stuck on them to make them "!?" rather than "!" (floating books, witch hats, etc) .... very clearly suspicious.
Old 2007-01-11, 14:43   Link #112
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
anyone know where to find those straps ? pillows are fine too!
It's been one month since i finally get on my Import Shop the Fate and Hayate's straps^^ But they have not Nanoha T_T
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 14:46   Link #113
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

@Vexx ah, nice. I'm expecting mine next week, hopefully, along with 4 other figures and the customs officer
Old 2007-01-11, 14:51   Link #114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah yes, the customs officer... the Glorious DHS and their patriotic minions will now be "scanning all packages that enter the country" thanks to a new rule in an appropriations package... hope they don't consider statuettes of young girls wielding starbursting firepower to be some sort of munitions plot :P
Old 2007-01-11, 14:55   Link #115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ clearly its an inbou that nanoha and CO has already successfully collected their own "cult" its just a matter of time until we break out and rule! XD

nice nanoha ~ same one that i ordered some time ago

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 18:06   Link #116
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Quote:
It's been one month since i finally get on my Import Shop the Fate and Hayate's straps^^ But they have not Nanoha T_T
where where! me wants >__<"
Kiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 23:40   Link #117
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Hm, check it out. Looks like there will be a re-issue for this Fate figure .

http://www.goodsmile.info/products/a...er0610-03.html

Date to be re-issue: April 2007.
Old 2007-01-12, 04:24   Link #118
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:

straps
Would love to get my hands on this .... Didn't really know if there is a Fate's one as well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post

Also random but cute:
I had these when I went to one of the shops here.

Quote:
Hm, check it out. Looks like there will be a re-issue for this Fate figure .

http://www.goodsmile.info/products/a...er0610-03.html

Date to be re-issue: April 2007.
It would be great cause I heard there are quite a handful of people asking the shops for this model. Though the box is really big. Glad they might consider the fact to reissue.
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:39   Link #119
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
where where! me wants >__<"
From The Yumeland of Metz Located in France
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 19:44   Link #120
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Ok. This is extremely important. I'd be eternally greatful if somebody else who also got the Alter Fate could confirm something for me.

Does her head really come off so you can remove the cape? When I was taking it out of the box her head popped off, but it totally looks like a break and doesn't fit back on smoothly. It's easily fixable with some epoxy cement but I just wanted to be sure. Also, I thought somebody mentioned that the cape could come off but I really don't see how that's possible.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote