AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-03, 05:06   Link #25021
Wood_Woody

Now that I've read the final chapter, I can't help but feel sorry for Ura, both in the manga and the anime. She gets the raw deal every time!

In the manga, we've seen that the Akasha's shell caused more outpouring of emotion than Ura's presence ever did. Who got the kiss? Akasha, not Ura. In the anime, Ura even stops to question herself "Am I not good enough for you?" as Tsukune rides off to save the day and retrieve another Rosary from Issa. Tsukune says that he loves both equally, but his actions show completely otherwise.

With all this in mind, looks like Kurumu's time has finally come....there would be too much baggage for Tsukune everytime he looks at Ura, plus she herself would probably become quite cold toward him after being made second best. Kurumu's unwavering love wins the day!

Interesting thinking back to the kiss between Akasha & Tsukune when she says "I feel so happy, I could come back to life". I thought it was a translation error, or that she was saying it knowing that death was approaching. How it puts a different perspective on things now.

Issa - what a pity he never showed up again. He might be tough but I don't think he's got the minerals to outdo Alucard, and was probably killed off a while ago. There could have been some real mileage in him scrapping it out with the group or Alucard on his own, even if the outcome were to be fatal. Weird conspiracy theory - what if Alucard WAS Issa? DUN DUN DUH!

Overall though, I think this final chapter was weak solely down the exits of the persons thought to be the most powerful. Alucard is undone not by brute strength but the application of a silver cross summoning forth Akasha, and then he just decides to give it all up, just for her? Furthermore, Fuhai and Mikogami also deciding "Fuck it, we're out too. Good luck with the clean up kids!"

It could have been better, but it could also have been a lot worse.
Wood_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 05:12   Link #25022
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So wait? Tsukune all this time has been in love with Moka's mom?

Awkward.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-03, 05:23   Link #25023
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood_Woody View Post
Now that I've read the final chapter, I can't help but feel sorry for Ura, both in the manga and the anime. She gets the raw deal every time!

In the manga, we've seen that the Akasha's shell caused more outpouring of emotion than Ura's presence ever did. Who got the kiss? Akasha, not Ura. In the anime, Ura even stops to question herself "Am I not good enough for you?" as Tsukune rides off to save the day and retrieve another Rosary from Issa. Tsukune says that he loves both equally, but his actions show completely otherwise.

With all this in mind, looks like Kurumu's time has finally come....there would be too much baggage for Tsukune everytime he looks at Ura, plus she herself would probably become quite cold toward him after being made second best. Kurumu's unwavering love wins the day!

Interesting thinking back to the kiss between Akasha & Tsukune when she says "I feel so happy, I could come back to life". I thought it was a translation error, or that she was saying it knowing that death was approaching. How it puts a different perspective on things now.
You are aware that Omote died and come back to life right? These events are emotional by nature and Tsukune would get such "outpouring" even if it wasn't outer Moka. Mizore, Kurumi, Yukari... for my cat sake I am pretty sure he would cry even if it was Gin.

And honestly I didn't see any akwardness between him and Ura when Omote died, it actualy bonded them even more. Nothing changed from few chapters ago.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 05:26   Link #25024
Wood_Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You are aware that Omote died and come back to life right? These events are emotional by nature and Tsukune would get such "outpouring" even if it wasn't outer Moka. Mizore, Kurumi, Yukari... for my cat sake I am pretty sure he would cry even if it was Gin.
You seemed to have missed my point and made a grand assumption. I'm talking about their interactions throughout the whole manga, not just when she died and then came back to life.

Nothing has changed, but applying real standards to their relationship. Ura would certainly be sharp enough to notice where Tsukune's attention was really focused.
Wood_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 05:36   Link #25025
Tenzen12

Oh, it seems like I indeed interpreted your argument wrongly. I am sorry for that. Tha said even now that you cleared it to me I disagree that he paid more atention to Omote than Ura. And as you said if he did she would noticed it.
Old 2014-02-03, 07:12   Link #25026
kenjtr

Between all the girls in Tsukunes harem i like kurumu more then anyone since she is the one who really loves tsukune , for example when Tsukune was about to go berserk and destroy the world she said that "she loves tsukune more then the world " which we can only call pure love . In the end akasha choose to save the world instead of being with tsukune which can also be said for inner Moka , sad thing is that inner Moka which is the real character completely overshadowed by her mothers identity .

One of the worst endings i have ever seen anyway i wonder if it was really neccecary to kill allucard , what gained is so little while looses are extreme .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 08:28   Link #25027
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea I didn't like this chapter, mainly because it was so mean to the real moka. "I love you more than the others, Don't go!" =\

Reminds me of this.

Old 2014-02-03, 08:37   Link #25028
Tenzen12

Translation I read was "I though I will never see you again, please don't go."

If what you noted is correct one, that change quite lot on what I said before. Can anyone verify this for me?
Old 2014-02-03, 09:01   Link #25029
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Translation I read was "I though I will never see you again, please don't go."

If what you noted is correct one, that change quite lot on what I said before. Can anyone verify this for me?
Yes, this version you read is more accurate to the raw.
Old 2014-02-03, 09:41   Link #25030
Death Usagi
Banned

Chapter was kind of too vague in terms of content and felt seriously rushed... I feel like it could have done better if it was divided into a few more chapters but considering it did feel dragged on in previous chapters, I guess it reached its limit...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 12:28   Link #25031
Sinta

So just finished the final chapter - it wasn't a real ending - glad that inner Moka is the one - but its not really finished, still in high school and still have major problems to deal with. All in all, acceptable for the time being.
Old 2014-02-03, 13:03   Link #25032
chidorimen

Well that was some deus ex bull.

Last edited by chidorimen; 2014-02-03 at 13:03. Reason: Misspelling
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 13:14   Link #25033
dmaxzero

The ending reminded me of ME3 before the extended cut... No resolution with the characters whatsoever.

Quite inconclusive... feels cheap.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 13:17   Link #25034
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
Well that was some deus ex bull.
my thoughts exactly.

10 years of manga for this?

all of the major loose ends resolved in short unintelligible ways. (we're all too powerful so let's just die and let the kids clean up the mess we made)

so the one tsukune really loves is killed off in a stupid way and we are defaulted to the harem end. great.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 13:38   Link #25035
Tenzen12

It made quite good sense to me...
Old 2014-02-03, 14:04   Link #25036
nfsac

He just wanted to end the series, lets face it, however, he put a good plot into the trash bin!
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 15:40   Link #25037
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still no idea who the Bus Driver is.....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 15:48   Link #25038
XFire
150% done

So does anyone know when the epilogue chapter comes out? I saw some flavor text at the bottom of the last page mentioning one.
Old 2014-02-03, 15:52   Link #25039
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Still no idea who the Bus Driver is.....
we will never know at this rate and moka's father still did not appear
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 17:27   Link #25040
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood_Woody View Post

Dude, why - WHY did you remind me of that crappy Capu2 nonsense!?

Still, even after all these years, I think that's my biggest peeve of R+V. ...Y'know, I just need to address that in a fanfic - I'm sure people won't mind a complete re-write of those last two episodes anyway. >.>

So Akasha fell in love again - I guess this answers those questions about whether or not Akasha would approve of Tsukune for her daughter. Apparently, she'd do more than just 'approve' of him...

**~** After all the excitement has died down **~**

Moka: ... wait a minute... *frowns deeply and glares at Tsukune*

Tsukune: 0.0... um, Moka-san..?

Moka: If the outer personality was my mother's...that means, that all this time...

Tsukune: I was trying NOT to think about that! >.<

Moka: But you were essentially 'cheating' on me with my own mother...

Tsukune: Even you didn't know that!

Moka: I know...! That's why I'm not blaming you... but... *pouts* Still, it feels like she took you from me...

Akuha: Forbidden love is a beautiful thing, isn't it? *sighs dreamily* The mother, seals herself into the soul of her own daughter and takes the love of her daughter's own lover for her own. So deliciously tragic~!

Moka: *hisses* And you KNEW about all of this from the BEGINNING!!!

Tsukune: ... -_-; This isn't helping...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire