Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 12:44   Link #41
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Apologies.

I just feel HF doesn't get enough love on the internet, as a route.
People keep saying this, but I've seen polls on the Internet where basically the preference of each route to people averages around 1/3.

I really think it depends on the personality of the viewer, and a little bit of which of the three girls they like.

For example...

In Fate Shirou is by far the most idealistic.
In UBW Shirou is perhaps still idealistic, but he has a sense of reality.
In HF, Shirou becomes far more realistic about his goals, and loses a lot of his idealism.

This alone can determine which route the person will like the best. Yes the story factors into it, but it is not a huge deal.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:25   Link #42
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
But it's funny while HF's story is the most real and lacks most of the "hero cliches" it's setting the most surreal.
Well, I really hope they're making the movie with the same quality as KnK(or better).
Just imagine excalibur's or Ea's blast with appropiate collateral damage. Or Gilgamesh's rain of noble phantasms with the real impact(so not as some kind of machinegun like in the anime...more like carpet bombing). Seeing a rampaging dark berserker could be "nice" too. Not to mention "Unlimited Eyecandy Works"(UBW, but with much more graphic detail).
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:43   Link #43
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
I still don't understand a few things about Gilgamesh. For one, armor. THERE WAS NO ARMOR when he was the 5th king of the world (Gilgamesh, Fifth King of Uruk). Secondly, Ea was the god (or goddess, I'm not very good with my Mesopotamian gods/goddesses) of wisdom, not a weapon. Third, Enkindu was his best friend, not some set of chains. And the very obvious thing (which also bothers me about Saber as well) is the blond hair; it should have been a dark, dirty brown that was incredibly unruly.

You should all read the Epic of Gilgamesh, it's a good read.

Sorry for digressing, but I agree with Reckoner. I'm an idealist at heart, and I don't like Sakura- maybe that's why I don't like HF.
Old 2009-08-04, 13:51   Link #44
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Same here. To be honest, Fate is my favorite of the routes. I don't like HF, but for some reason I'm oddly neutral on Sakura.

Still, for a movie, I see UBW being done. They already tackled Fate in the anime, so if they're interested in making OVAs for the series they still have HF or Fate/Zero.
Old 2009-08-04, 14:19   Link #45
Flinch
Onii-chan~

I'd rather have Fate/Zero for a movie than any other.
Old 2009-08-04, 14:21   Link #46
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I still don't understand a few things about Gilgamesh. For one, armor. THERE WAS NO ARMOR when he was the 5th king of the world (Gilgamesh, Fifth King of Uruk). Secondly, Ea was the god (or goddess, I'm not very good with my Mesopotamian gods/goddesses) of wisdom, not a weapon. Third, Enkindu was his best friend, not some set of chains. And the very obvious thing (which also bothers me about Saber as well) is the blond hair; it should have been a dark, dirty brown that was incredibly unruly.

You should all read the Epic of Gilgamesh, it's a good read.

Sorry for digressing, but I agree with Reckoner. I'm an idealist at heart, and I don't like Sakura- maybe that's why I don't like HF.
Spoiler for game:

Somone hates Sakura? Zetsubosaaa!
But back to seriousness I disliked UBW Shirou because of his quick and somehow irreasonable powerups. I can even draw paralells between him and Ichigo Kurosaki.
If it wouldn't be obviously without a chance I would hope for a Fate/Zero movie. They could make it in 2 parts to include everything that important.
Old 2009-08-04, 14:22   Link #47
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Well its not like they got everything spot on with the servants and their hero counterparts. You have to remember this is just an adaption, not a recreation of thos heroes and their stories. I mean for crying out loud King Arthur is a girl.

Most every servant has definite differences in looks compared to the actual heroes of legend. Medea didn't have purple hair and pointy ears like Caster does in the anime. Besides looks there are differences in even the weapons used by the servants. For example, the Gae Bulg. It abilities in the show are quite different than it's abilities told in Irish Myths. It is described in one version of the legend that it entered a mans body and opened into thirty barbs and that it could only be released by cutting the flesh away. In another version the spear had seven heads along with seven barbs on each head.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:50   Link #48
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
People keep saying this, but I've seen polls on the Internet where basically the preference of each route to people averages around 1/3.
Not on any forum I've been to, I'll tell you that.

Christ, the GameFAQs forums... bunch of twats.

Quote:
You're complaining about historical accuracy in a visual novel that heavily involves magic?

Quote:
I don't like Sakura either and HF is my favorite route.

I liked it for everything else.

Quote:
I'd rather have Fate/Zero for a movie than any other.
Yeah, me too, actually. 'Twould be awesome.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:34   Link #49
Flinch
Onii-chan~

I wonder if they'd have to CG Iskander if they do F/Z; he's pretty big. Also, F/Z would be easier because it would have a clearly defined protagonist, Kiritsugu, and a clearly defined antagonist, Kotomine. Under that logic, it'd be the most likely to have a movie.
Old 2009-08-04, 16:58   Link #50
bergsdal

can somebody tell me Whats the name of all routes ?

Last edited by bergsdal; 2009-08-04 at 17:22.
bergsdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:59   Link #51
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Lol...It especially hasn't got a clearly defined protegonist. The novel tells the story from various people's perspective with 3rd person's PoV. In FSN we've got a story from a single person's perspective with his point of view. And every route of FSN has an antagonist.
Anyways Kotomine deserves the title of one of the best designed antagonist. A badass cunning priest with strange personality.
Old 2009-08-04, 17:30   Link #52
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Have been dreaming of a Fate movie since forever, and it would not be an overstatement to say that a part of my life would be fulfilled if the said movie is indeed based on UBW. Fate/Zero would also be awesomeness on so many levels but it's highly unlikely seeing that the website is called "fatestaynight.jp"

@bergsdal
The three routes in F/SN are the Fate route, Unlimited Blade Works route, and Heaven's Feel route.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:57   Link #53
orangejuicetang

Maybe we'll get a f/z movie sometime in the future. Any ideas on which studio's going to be animating this? Ufotable would be good seeing what they've done with kara no kyoukai.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 18:32   Link #54
bergsdal

have they make Unlimited Blade Works route, and Heaven's Feel route to series to?
bergsdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 18:48   Link #55
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

@orangejuicetang
Ufotable is too good to be true, but I'm just hoping for anybody other than DEEN right now.

@bergsdal
The F/SN anime was mainly Fate, with some elements of UBW(Archer using UBW) and HF(Dark Sakura). The manga is said to be UBW, but I've been following the manga, and it's so slow that 5 volumes later we are still dealing with Shinji and Rider.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 20:17   Link #56
orangejuicetang

does anyone know what ufotable is working on after kara no kyoukai? Or who's producing the Canaan movie?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 02:05   Link #57
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

I am hoping for an adaption for each story arc done in a similar manner as the kara no kyoukai movies, in my opinion thats the best way to look at fate; at its whole instead of the individual arcs. The arcs are each awesome on they're own but you don't see the full picture until you've gone through all the arcs, and that's where fate shines. Cause the more you see of this world/universe the more awesome it gets

fate doesn't really go into any detail about the chain other than its what he and enkidu used to bind the holy bull, i would assume he named it after enkidu in memory of him. his armor i would assume like most anime/games is purely ascetic just like sabers. enuma elish was actually the text that described the creation myth. Ea is one of the gods who fathered Marduk an even more powerful god who eventually became the king of the gods.

Fate makes a lot of tweaks with all the heroes myths, Gilgamesh doesn't have anything other than the chain that can act as a noble phantasm thus i would assume the creators gave him gate of babylon logically based on his wealth and the fact that at the time the lands that he ruled where considered to be the world (many ancients civilizations believed that there was hardly anything beyond their borders and that they where the world or atleast the center of it) and enuma elish was made a sword purely because he needed a weapon unique to him for his fight with saber and to essentially solidify how over powered he is( i mean he's wielding a sword that fucking split the earth from the heavens) though that's just my thoughts it may be completely different, i'm not the creator of the game.
Old 2009-08-05, 02:59   Link #58
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
@orangejuicetang
Ufotable is too good to be true, but I'm just hoping for anybody other than DEEN right now.

@bergsdal
The F/SN anime was mainly Fate, with some elements of UBW(Archer using UBW) and HF(Dark Sakura). The manga is said to be UBW, but I've been following the manga, and it's so slow that 5 volumes later we are still dealing with Shinji and Rider.
Don't mention that Dark sakura. That was more like a joke. With a real Dark Sakura Gilgamesh would be only mid-boss.

It seems the manga is really including every scene of the UBW then

Q:Which character do you want to see animated(and his/her actions) in the same quality as KnK the most?
Old 2009-08-05, 09:13   Link #59
AzoLto

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post

Q:Which character do you want to see animated(and his/her actions) in the same quality as KnK the most?
Gilgamesh ripping Ilya's heart out in UBW.

Honestly speaking though, I'd like to see Archer's Rho Aias when Lancer throws his Gae Bolg at him.

I haven't read Heaven's Feel (yet) so I don't know of any moments I'd like to see animated from that route.
AzoLto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:36   Link #60
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, for suggestions when "Kirei does his work as Executor".
It showed that anyone other than Shinji born as GAR in FSN
Well Archer vs lancer scene was really nice, but I think then that scene was really nice too.
Spoiler for HF:

But HF don't have really spectaculary looking fights. The fights were enjoyable enough even reading them.
Perhaps it has some spectacular scenes, like the 'Nine Bullet Revolver' scene or the ones I previously mentioned, but the content was more important than the visuals.