AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 25 24.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 22.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 31.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.98%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-10, 20:02   Link #21
sayde

This episode had everything I look for in this series from Touma's heroic moment to another love triangle spat between Index, & Misaka. The last couple minutes in particular had me saying to myself "gee, what a fun scenario". It's amazing how incredibly oblivious Touma appears to be during these scenes though. Makes me wonder how much longer he can continue to keep it up.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 20:05   Link #22
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i really, REAAAALLY, hope so.but probably that money is in one of the other series j.c is making....
*ahem*Otome Youkai Zakuro*ahem*
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 20:14   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hmm... episode was rather weak in my opinion.

There was a lack of punch to the scenes, it felt like the Touma fight was just an Amakusa grunt fight, except with dialogue. The inconsistent animation and less than stellar directing didn't help.
I myself was looking forward to the second part more with the revelation of the Saint Peter's Cross, but at least that was out of the way now.

I never liked Oriana much as a villain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
the fight was alright, still don't understand how a punch in the face breaks her button on her shirt,
In the first place, that button was already under enomous stress and was barely holding on.

Quote:
so no exchange of stab sword, but now exchanging rights to AC, but who are they trading with and what are they getting, i enjoyed the second half of the ep a little more,
There was actually twenty over pages painstakingly describing the effects of Saint Peter's Cross, the history and even up to why there was a mistranslation and error that created the legend of the [Stab Sword].

To simplify, whichever land Saint Peter's Cross gets activated on will become the property of the Rome Catholic Church. What this in turns mean is that no matter what happens on their 'holy ground' would always be beneficial to the Rome Catholic Church. Eventually everyone would become a part of the Church.

It's on object that is far more powerful than the legend of the [Stab Sword].
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 20:16   Link #24
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
the fight was alright, still don't understand how a punch in the face breaks her button on her shirt, so no exchange of stab sword, but now exchanging rights to AC, but who are they trading with and what are they getting, i enjoyed the second half of the ep a little more, Index punching Touma instead on biting him was a nice change, so Biri Biri meets Touma's parents and get embarrassed by her mom, i liked how she noticed "like farther like son", i think Orian ran into Touma's dad on purpose and maybe stuck one of those shorthand papers on him, or maybe not but i'm still suspicious of her, the lunch place was another funny encounter, Index and Biri Biri fighting over Touma, but everyone was surprised that her mother was so young
Oriana ran into Touma's dad by accident. What originally happened was that Touma's mom was exhibiting a terrifying aura because he was being friendly with Mikoto's mom. Touma's dad backs away slowly, bumps into Oriana, turns around to bow and say sorry, and plants his face into her boobs by accident. Like father, like son indeed.

There's no reason to put a shorthand card on a random bystander because 1. that's just a waste of magic and 2. Oriana does not want to needlessly hurt anyone. In that spell where she said Touma would die if he moved, note that the lines do not touch Touma even though she could have made it do so. She intended for the attacks to miss where he was and surround him before she rendered him unconscious. Touma ignored her warning and stepped into the danger zone, which is why she called him an idiot.

She's carrying out this trade because she truly believes that St. Peter's Cross would make everyone happy.

These are all stated, shown, or implied in the episode itself, so they're not spoilers.

Quote:
Thank you.
This is really helping to understand things that the anime rushes, even though it takes me more time to read these than to watch the episode itself (my reading speed is very low).
One of the main reasons why I love Index is because of all these little details I can pick up on, analyze, and connect together. The anime glosses over a lot of significant information, so I'm happy to provide excerpts that clear up confusion and to answer the questions I can.
Old 2010-12-10, 20:16   Link #25
D-Gold
Aurum

I was just thinking last week what if Touma met Misaka mom. Oh how i love the touma and mikoto moments,
Old 2010-12-10, 20:30   Link #26
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
This episode had everything I look for in this series from Touma's heroic moment to another love triangle spat between Index, & Misaka. The last couple minutes in particular had me saying to myself "gee, what a fun scenario". It's amazing how incredibly oblivious Touma appears to be during these scenes though. Makes me wonder how much longer he can continue to keep it up.
from the preview i think not much.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 20:37   Link #27
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

ok i understand st peters cross now, but who are they trading with, i'm confused at who is trading with who, like who is Oriana supposed to trade with or is there no trade now, like they have to plant St peter's cross in order take over AC right?
Old 2010-12-10, 20:58   Link #28
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The answer to that will come in future episodes.
Old 2010-12-10, 21:24   Link #29
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Great ep, I'll give it a perfect score. This episode was wonderful in capturing the essence of the LN to me. All the scenes were as I had imagined. Oriana especially was great, her little'jokes' were a lot funnier and hotter than I thought they would be. Misaka meeting the Kamijous was funny, and Misaka and Index meeting was amusing as usual.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:24   Link #30
Miraluka
Banned

I'm unsatisfied the way how the anime portrayed thise scene:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...ex_v10_021.jpg
it was better in the novels.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:25   Link #31
PzIVf3

Im certainly sure there lots male and female fans out there not satisfied this ep. this might effect the rating of the series.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:28   Link #32
Arkard

Oh Misaka, you paused way too long when your mom called you out introducing you to Touma's parents to be even remotely believable
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:29   Link #33
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
To be honest, I was rather disappointed with the episode, especially the fight scene. It just felt...a bit too easy for Touma to win it, whereas in the LN he's clearly shown to be more hurt with the assault from Oriana. That's one of my main beef actually, perhaps it's a bit much to expect the anime to deliver an top-notch epic fight, but at least I want to see more scars and scrapes with Touma, all I see is that single cut. I mean, that's a bit important too, Tsuchimikado fell right away because Oriana's spell worsens his injuries suffered from magicking last ep (Touma is mostly fine so no effect), and part of the reason why his 'Falcon Punch' is less effective was due to his injuries and fatigue with all the chasing (also, Touma is too much of an amateur compared to Oriana).

But yeah, that's aside the rest is pretty fine I guess. The twist is good (although, seeing Touma hit by the billboard, shouldn't he feel it....well, it's not like he knows what being hit by a billboard or Stab Sword would feel like) and the story still continue to the next episode. Really, compared to the rest of the antagonists (perhaps maybe the first guy) we had so far this season Oriana feels like the less villainous so far , at least she tried to inflict as little pain and casualty as possible (I'm not sure how much that popped button affects my judgment though).

Also, like father like son indeed...at that point he's surrounded by three women, one he just bumped into her breast. Well, technically four, but one belong to his son anyway. In any case, it's good to see MILFsuzu Mikoto again. And Misaka Mikoto is always great to have, seeing her bicker with Index is fun to watch (for some reason more than the usual Touma vs Index).
Old 2010-12-10, 21:31   Link #34
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... On a joking note, Frogface Doc wins this episode hands down.

One line is all he needed.

"Who the (hell) do you think I am?"

And all in a manly voice XD

... which reminds me, he sounds so different than last season.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:36   Link #35
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Mikoto saves the episode again with her and Index's encounter at the family restaurant.
Old 2010-12-10, 21:40   Link #36
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
To be honest, I was rather disappointed with the episode, especially the fight scene. It just felt...a bit too easy for Touma to win it, whereas in the LN he's clearly shown to be more hurt with the assault from Oriana. That's one of my main beef actually, perhaps it's a bit much to expect the anime to deliver an top-notch epic fight, but at least I want to see more scars and scrapes with Touma, all I see is that single cut. I mean, that's a bit important too, Tsuchimikado fell right away because Oriana's spell worsens his injuries suffered from magicking last ep (Touma is mostly fine so no effect), and part of the reason why his 'Falcon Punch' is less effective was due to his injuries and fatigue with all the chasing (also, Touma is too much of an amateur compared to Oriana).

But yeah, that's aside the rest is pretty fine I guess. The twist is good (although, seeing Touma hit by the billboard, shouldn't he feel it....well, it's not like he knows what being hit by a billboard or Stab Sword would feel like) and the story still continue to the next episode. Really, compared to the rest of the antagonists (perhaps maybe the first guy) we had so far this season Oriana feels like the less villainous so far , at least she tried to inflict as little pain and casualty as possible (I'm not sure how much that popped button affects my judgment though).

Also, like father like son indeed...at that point he's surrounded by three women, one he just bumped into her breast. Well, technically four, but one belong to his son anyway. In any case, it's good to see MILFsuzu Mikoto again. And Misaka Mikoto is always great to have, seeing her bicker with Index is fun to watch (for some reason more than the usual Touma vs Index).

My friend pointed that out to me also about index. The fight scenes dont have much except when it doesn't involve touma. I was thinking they should add some kicks here and there. [mod edit: remove next episode spoiler]

Also, oriana is a mercenary she works for whoever pays regardless of what happens.

Many better arcs to look forward to cuz really to this arc this isn't much if you look at it. Its just a long arc with a festival.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-11 at 00:15. Reason: Remove spoiler
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 22:16   Link #37
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well you can just check baka-tsuki for the translation.

aside that. oriana didn't do anything to touma's parent. she was in a hurry to escape and that's just a coincidental escape route for her. Or maybe it's predestined by the kamijou's misfortune that they would always bump into girls.
by the kamijou's misfortune that they would always bump into hot or cute girls
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 22:45   Link #38
Peanutbutter

Recently started the series. Began with Railgun, Index S1 and finally this.

The most enjoyable part in the entire series has to be, quoting someone, "harem maintenance". And Biribiri/Index moments. I could watch an entire series dedicated to them bickering. Also, is there no end to Mikoto's deredere? Not that I mind.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 22:47   Link #39
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
"Who do you think I am?!"
"They are indeed father and son."

BEST EPISODE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

brb rofl

PS. Misaka-Index "who are you!" "no, who are you!" brb rofl again

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 22:58   Link #40
HandofFate

Thumbs down

very enjoyable episode.
Noticed they took the opportunity for some Index fanservice with showing underneath her skirt as she was running to Touma.

Is there anymore explanation on the magic Oraina used that make Tsuchimikado incapacitated?

I assume the reason why Oriana kept using different magic is that she only has one-copy/use of each on those paper-slips of hers.

It seemed the whole resturant was surprised when Mikoto's mom introduced herself as the mom....