AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-26, 17:22   Link #1441
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In her own words-

Quote:
“He seems like he would freely act for the sake of all Misakas, but that kind of action is like denying the value of this Misaka unit’s existence, as she is a collection of the malice within the network…”
Old 2013-02-02, 13:09   Link #1442
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's tough question. Is Orsola a member of Necessarius?

The reason i'm asking this question is because there's a discussion happening at wikiepdia's A Certain Magical Index characters article over whether Laura and Orsola should be put in another section rather than stay in the Necessarius section.

One editor wants to put them in another section, saying there is no proof Orsola is not a member of Necessarius. The other editor is against it since it's a waste and Orsola is actively involve in Necessarius affairs.
Old 2013-02-02, 18:31   Link #1443
tsunade666

Orsola lives together with the others right? in the girls dorm provided by English Angelican church. Its in SS. And she is actively helping in the library works. She might not be the front liner of necessarius but if you ask me. She is a member of them. Even the cross Styl give to her is a proof of her being a member of them or at least connected to them.
Old 2013-02-02, 18:57   Link #1444
Sumeragi
Banned

I just say she's part of the Anglican Church, under which there is Necessarius.
Old 2013-02-03, 12:50   Link #1445
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So i just finished volume 18, but i didn't notice the extra side stories on the bottom on baka-tsuki. I like to read things in the order that they are released so i was wondering when i should read those side stories, or are they not relevant to the plot and can be read at anytime?
Old 2013-02-03, 13:53   Link #1446
Sumeragi
Banned

They are relevant, but you can read them at any time.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:37   Link #1447
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Forgive me for asking but I remember there were artificial angels in the canon universe yes? who makes them and to whom are they aligned?
Old 2013-02-24, 22:46   Link #1448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Forgive me for asking but I remember there were artificial angels in the canon universe yes? who makes them and to whom are they aligned?
Well if you want to basic explanation then Academy City made one. The details are more complicated though.

Kazakiri Hyouka isn't aligned with Academy City though... Unless you count the Kamijou Faction.
Old 2013-02-25, 05:33   Link #1449
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What defines the level of an ability? The user's aptitude with it or does the very nature of the ability have anything to do with it? Or is it completely arbitrary?
Old 2013-02-25, 06:14   Link #1450
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What defines the level of an ability? The user's aptitude with it or does the very nature of the ability have anything to do with it? Or is it completely arbitrary?
The bare essentials? Control, Power, and Applications.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:16   Link #1451
demino_hellsin
That one guy

where would one classify the ability to pull at space?
Old 2013-02-25, 06:20   Link #1452
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
where would one classify the ability to pull at space?
...You mean telekinesis?
Old 2013-02-25, 06:28   Link #1453
demino_hellsin
That one guy

no... as in literally pull space.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:30   Link #1454
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
no... as in literally pull space.
To what degree?
Old 2013-02-25, 06:30   Link #1455
demino_hellsin
That one guy

currently it's just like pulling at taffy with your bare hands.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:39   Link #1456
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
currently it's just like pulling at taffy with your bare hands.
No I mean what is the extent of the power? We need something to quantify a value.

For example, Mikoto's railgun is mach 3, Kuroko's teleportation has a range of 80m and a certain mass limit.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:02   Link #1457
tsunade666

does he mean hammer space trope? where one stores item in "space" or a pocket space or alternate dimension and one just need to brought it out of that space to summon it or take it out into this dimension.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:17   Link #1458
demino_hellsin
That one guy

At this point, it's not something that one can quantify in extent. The limitation is that it requires his hands to act as the anchor of how to twist the desired space.

The best way I can put it would be in a 3 dimensional graph, he can grab hold of a certain coordinate and drag it elsewhere. But reality would still register that coordinate as itself. At the same time, the specific coordinate also registers its own space as having been modified via expansion, contraction or abnormally changed in shape.

This is the power in its rawest form without any refinement at all.

EDIT: if there would be any value involved, it would be all space within a 10cm spherical radius is drug along with the point.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-02-25 at 08:43.
Old 2013-02-25, 12:13   Link #1459
judasmartel
*Author

But then one limitation of that power would be that the equipment pulled from hammerspace needs to be placed beforehand within the range of the esper or else it won't work.

For example, if the maximum range is 10 meters, then the equipment should be placed up to 10 meters away from the esper beforehand or else s/he won't be getting what she needs from hammerspace and instead get things s/he's not supposed to.

I think this kind of power can also be used to create "portals" to teleport foes, allies, or herself, but it is limited to the maximum range like Kuroko's Teleport. But unlike Teleport or Move Point, it would have lesser restrictions on weight as the esper simply has to create a "portal" to drop heavier objects on top of the enemies, but only as long as the objects are in range.
Old 2013-02-25, 21:45   Link #1460
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hammer space is an application of this ability, so is portal creation which I'd like to call worm holing. But all of that is on higher levels.

The closest but still inaccurate way of describing this is that the current ability allows him to isolate a space as he would a container, and he can twist that container any way he wants.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a