AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 17:49   Link #781
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I guess that ends the episodes covering the start of the game.

Looks like all the social links will be covered to an extent in the anime, since the ED seems to represent and list the ones that have been formed. Yosuke's was at the very end of the episode where he shook hands with Yu, so Yu obtained the Magician tarot in the ED because Yosuke is the Magican social link.

And it looks like Yu's courage went up a touch as well, but overall I found Yu's personality to be a lot more distinct in this episode compared to the last one. Assisting in helping Yosuke deal with is shadow self and accepting it being one facet of that.

And while the action was short-lived it was pretty fun to watch. Especially accompanied by "I'll Face Myself -Battle-".
Old 2011-10-13, 17:55   Link #782
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

they made a good job making chie more likeable and cute in the anime, and i think those rumors about quality drop were false, animation wasnt top notch but neither bad, and now we see more of the main character talking, still lacked expression though.
Old 2011-10-13, 18:48   Link #783
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Much more personality coming from Yu compared to the first episode. He could still use a little more, though, beyond just being generally heroic. I think we need to see more of him interacting with Dojima and Nanako at home before we'll get a grip on the character I hope they'll give him. There's only so far being a magical Boy Scout will take you.

The homeroom teacher is a prick... You know, just in case you missed it the first time.

Also: FSTEAK! Poor Chie is adorable when she's distraught. I guess she really does care about them. She's got no qualms about extorting Yosuke for food, though.

Post credits we learn that the first murdered girl was staying at the Amagi inn, and that, apparently, the TV reporter is angling to become the defendant in a harassment lawsuit.

Looks like we'll get evolving credits, as all of the card surrounding Yu are blank except The Fool (his) and The Magician (Yosuke).
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:49   Link #784
Godslayer
人間・失格

Spoiler:

yep he speaks better now after getting Izanagi
I forgot how creepy Mitsuo was before this episode
Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:07   Link #785
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

It's Yu~u, it's Yu~u, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

What in God's name is that eldritch abomination on Yu's table in that last shot of the midnight channel? I think I just found the killer.
Old 2011-10-13, 19:14   Link #786
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

bad news everyone
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=352331

._.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:24   Link #787
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

*shrug* There are a lot of fans who think the art and animation are good, so I honestly think this is a non-issue, even if I personally think the art is bad (and continues to be bad in episode two). I know, it's the internet and all, so riling up people is a way of life...but I just don't see this issue gaining any real teeth in the face of fandom who actually liked the art in episode one.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-13 at 19:53.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:32   Link #788
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

^it's not the art I'm kind of worried but the anime. it may get cancelled if this continues

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:43   Link #789
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I think the most important thing is seeing that the people who are due their wages get the money that's owed to them. Schedules have slipped before, and life goes on, but relying on angry people who aren't getting paid to produce two cours worth of anime is a fool's game.
Old 2011-10-13, 19:47   Link #790
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
^it's not the art I'm kind of worried but the anime. it may get cancelled if this continues
It's not going to get cancelled. They have only to correct the issues by the BD release. Shaft released parts of episodes of Bakemonogatari not finished in animation on TV and look how well Bakemonogatari did in sales.

Yeah, it sucks that they're aren't getting paid as much as they are worth. But, it's not new either. That studio isn't the only one prob doing this.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:17   Link #791
Xenio
Flower

anyone think that ep2 is surprisingly good? even the art and animation feel better
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:22   Link #792
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
anyone think that ep2 is surprisingly good? even the art and animation feel better
I'm pretty sure that AIC ASTA isn't shaft so they've actualy got some advance on the airing schedule meaning that episode 2 was completed a while ago.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:23   Link #793
Yuna Amakura

Chie is a tomboy, I personally can't accept her being cute...But since it seems nowadays most female characters need to be cute, I'll just have to get over it (but I still think she's being rather annoying here, or maybe too scandalous? Well, anyway...
I personally think this episode was an improvement. It still has an odd pace but much less than in the previous one. And I'll Face Myself = ♥
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:08   Link #794
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Spoiler for Wild Card:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:11   Link #795
Xenio
Flower

the shadow yosuke fight was awesome, but it look like izanagi have big trouble with this guy already, come to think of this, when the investigation team have more member, all the persona gonna gang up on the shadow? since it not limited to 4 member party anymore

Spoiler for Persona 4:
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:21   Link #796
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
the shadow yosuke fight was awesome, but it look like izanagi have big trouble with this guy already, come to think of this, when the investigation team have more member, all the persona gonna gang up on the shadow? since it not limited to 4 member party anymore
Spoiler for Letīs split up,gang!:
Old 2011-10-13, 22:33   Link #797
justsomeguy

Spoilered for those who haven't seen ep 2 yet:
Spoiler:

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 22:39   Link #798
tsunade666

^ the episode even without simulcast had been released in subs already. You could check on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
Spoiler for Letīs split up,gang!:
This reminds me of P3 where they split up the members to hunt shadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Chie is a tomboy, I personally can't accept her being cute...But since it seems nowadays most female characters need to be cute, I'll just have to get over it (but I still think she's being rather annoying here, or maybe too scandalous? Well, anyway...
I personally think this episode was an improvement. It still has an odd pace but much less than in the previous one. And I'll Face Myself = ♥
This I can agree though maybe because I played the US version but Chie didn't really sink into me. She's too masculine in the game plus her voice add it up despite her social link is opposite to it. But I like her voice on the anime and as expected of her seiyuu Chie is really cute in the anime. Specially in this episode when she cried because the rope got cut and when those 2 comes back it was priceless when she tricked Yosuke and Yu for another free meal.

The freaky guy who confessed in Yukiko is still creepy -_- he is already creepy in the game but here he looks more in drugs. I really hate that guy >.>
Old 2011-10-13, 22:44   Link #799
justsomeguy

Yeah, I'm seeing Chie in a whole new light now. In the game, she was cursed with the weakest voice actress of the main cast, sorta like Fuuka from P3.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 22:47   Link #800
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy