AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 14 32.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 37.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-11, 12:49   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Ouran Host Club Episode 24 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ouran Host Club, Episode 24!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-09-11 at 13:55.
Old 2006-09-12, 10:54   Link #2
icf20405

Last edited by icf20405; 2006-09-12 at 11:37.
Old 2006-09-12, 11:32   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

No need to delete your images. Just don't link from 2chan and please use clickable thumbnails. If you find an image you want to post, just upload it to a plase like ImageShack.us and use their links.

2chan links tend to expire and then people miss the images. That's why I switch them out to ImageShack links. So everone can enjoy them. Cheers.
Old 2006-09-12, 11:36   Link #4
icf20405

Now doing
Old 2006-09-12, 14:17   Link #5
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-12, 16:30   Link #6
dxgarten

Episode 24 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-12, 18:45   Link #7
Omniscient

Episode 24 Screencaps and Summary
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Omniscient; 2006-09-12 at 22:34.
Old 2006-09-13, 00:11   Link #8
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Spoiler for Newspaper picture:
Can anyone check which real issue of The New York Times this corresponds with? I think it's Vol. CLIV No. 81,279.
EDIT: Wait, no, I don't think it exists... Vol. CLIV came out on April 17th, 2005...but it was No.53,187.
Spoiler for GLOMP!:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-09-13 at 00:35.
Old 2006-09-13, 04:25   Link #9
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

after watching this episode, i realized something about tamaki--- he acts somewhat like pet dog sometimes... you know, ticklish, cheerful, likes rubbing against kyouya...
Old 2006-09-13, 06:02   Link #10
wao
OK.

Looking at this episode, it's becoming even more and more eerie to me when I realise that Kyouya looks..... a lot like my art teacher.

Especially the leftmost picture on the third row at Garten's entry on this episode... Yikes.

P.S. this episode was also storyboarded and directed by Eureka 7's director, Tomoki Kyoda.

Last edited by wao; 2006-09-13 at 10:09.
Old 2006-09-13, 20:19   Link #11
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I liked this epi, it was a nice change I guess and it gave us background info and both Kyou and Tamaki. Hearing Tamaki speak French was awesome too, the little it was XD Its easy to see why Kyou found him so annoying.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-09-14, 04:30   Link #12
kari-no-sugata

I enjoyed this ep greatly. While a bit different, I think it was done very well. I loved the imagery with the flower at the end...
Old 2006-09-14, 08:37   Link #13
Maeryn

I love Kyouya's exasperated look!

It's so sad that this anime is ending soon.
Old 2006-09-14, 12:40   Link #14
yf7778

Bravo!! Mon ami!!
Code:
No Longer Human

Last edited by yf7778; 2006-09-14 at 15:57.
Old 2006-09-16, 16:54   Link #15
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Hmm, looks like almost a year has passed in the anime Ouran universe. Episode 2 was about a Christmas party, then there were the Karuizawa episodes, which was summar vacation. Episode 21 was Halloween and the beginning of episode 24 hints that it's late autumn.

So...now I'm confused. How is the school year working in Ouran? I originally assumed that the school year starts in April, given how Kyoya meets Tamaki and takes him to places mostly during summer vacation and finally snaps in August/September. Then Tamaki first suggests his idea of a Host Club during winter of his last year in middle school department and approaches the Hitachiin brothers with the prediction that they'll open the door in April, which the twins do right after their school year opening ceremony.

Old 2006-09-19, 22:10   Link #16
i0td

A nice change of pace this episode. Some more background on the characters is always good to know. At least now we (and Haruhi) can understand why Kyouya has stuck around Tamaki so long. I also thought Fuyumi was pretty funny. The sister of the great Ootori family unable to reorganize the contents of the drawers, leaving her brother's room in a constant state of untidiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Spoiler for GLOMP!:
All too true , especially watching him cuddle Kyouya like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
I originally assumed that the school year starts in April, given how Kyoya meets Tamaki and takes him to places mostly during summer vacation and finally snaps in August/September. Then Tamaki first suggests his idea of a Host Club during winter of his last year in middle school department and approaches the Hitachiin brothers with the prediction that they'll open the door in April, which the twins do right after their school year opening ceremony.
I don't think you were wrong in your assumption here. The dance party in episode 2 did take place at the start of the school year in spring, so we can safely say that a complete year has not passed yet. Perhaps seven or eight months, because we know for sure that Halloween has passed.
Old 2006-09-19, 22:30   Link #17
Ambulator

A nice balance between fleshing out the characters and humorous bits. Not much actual plot, I suppose, but it really didn't seem to need one.

A close-up of some Ouran homework reveals some advanced looking calculus. That helps to show how advanced the student and the school are, as well as the level of attention to detail by the animators.

Last edited by Ambulator; 2006-09-20 at 22:51.
Old 2006-09-19, 22:41   Link #18
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulator
A close-up of some Ouran homework reveals some advanced looking calculus. That helps to show how advance the student and the school are, as well as the level of attention to detail by the animators.
It appears to be functions and limits. I remember studying this stuff in 11th grade in a mixed class of 10th/11th grade students.
Spoiler:
Now, if only I can tell what level of an essay Kyoya's writing...

Old 2006-09-20, 04:55   Link #19
BrokenWingz

I quite enjoyed this ep, not as funny as the usual ep but the story was nice.

I especially like the ending when you see Kyouya's painting appeared to be smeared but later on reveals to be a bigger rainbow flower, was a nice ending ^^
Old 2006-09-20, 05:04   Link #20
wao
OK.

They're doing exactly the same level of stuff that I'm doing in school now... but from the notation of summation that we learned, shouldn't the stuff at the bottom of the sigma say "t=something" or "x=something" instead of just a number or negative infinity? I mean it doesn't have relevance to the expression after the sigma notation... but that's just me nitpicking :P And woot, it's integration...

Not like my maths is good or anything

And the essay he's writing, from whatever I understand, is like.... philosophical bullshit. And about how the people need a new theory or something. I think they tried to keep it purposely vague...

Actually I have to admit Tamaki became even less slick/cool than he seemed to be after this episode. Behind the facade I think he's really quite insecure. I guess I look at him in that way because even though it's a joke I really can't stand when people say they want to go here and there and are a nuisance, then they get serious, and then when you respond seriously they try to get the upper hand by giving you a 'cool', 'I know better than to be over-serious' type of reply... although it wasn't exactly what he was doing but he reminded me of certain people...