AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-09, 11:23   Link #61
Kak Worm

Better get the box of tissues ready. The next episode will surely be a waterworks fest.
Old 2010-09-09, 11:41   Link #62
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem0rse View Post
Why is everyone saying Ep 24 is the finale?
Doesn't preview make it quiet obviouse?
Old 2010-09-09, 12:39   Link #63
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
That was a great ending! Loved the part when it was reveled that the tape used in the intro scenes is the one they used to record with. Makes me happy and sad at the same time. Man, I'm sure gonna miss K-On! once it ends.
Old 2010-09-09, 12:56   Link #64
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This episode did a remarkably good job of portraying those awkward days between "being done" and graduation. All the little "last time" moments, cleaning the band room up for next year's students, those moments of silence, etc.

And yeah... Azusa was really happy at their way of spending the "last afternoon" though they managed to fail at time management one last time.
Old 2010-09-09, 13:21   Link #65
klare

all look nice and well, but behind all these is Azunyan's situation after the senpais graduated
Old 2010-09-09, 14:29   Link #66
Sylvester
Mr. Akiyama

so this is the second last episode?
Old 2010-09-09, 14:51   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's actually two more episodes on the docket after the next episode if I understand the schedule. But the last episode in the regular continuity ("Graduation") is the next one.

The last two might be anything from post-graduation hijinks to music videos to random omake to ????

I really don't think they'll pull a couple of 'recap' episodes. The studio would be burned to the ground.
Old 2010-09-09, 16:34   Link #68
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I would like to see an episode of the girls moving off to college, and Azu-nyan , Ui, and Jun trying to get a 4th member.
Old 2010-09-09, 17:49   Link #69
Qikz

I'd rather them do a third series than have an episode with all the girls going to college.

What a sad episode, it really is coming to an end. It's just not fair KyoAni. I don't think I can go on knowing there won't be anymore K-On. They even removed all of the budokan stuff from the board, nooo!
Old 2010-09-09, 17:55   Link #70
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Its all coming to an end, these episodes are just sad man.. I hope the next episodes will cheer me up.
Old 2010-09-09, 19:27   Link #71
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(I am not sure what to say to CaptnAwesomee about that)

Don't worry. The way when you got your diploma should feel 'bout the same.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-09-09, 20:27   Link #72
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
(I am not sure what to say to CaptnAwesomee about that)

Don't worry. The way when you got your diploma should feel 'bout the same.
lol but im only a junior in High, I haven't got my diploma yet

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-09-09 at 21:59.
Old 2010-09-09, 20:48   Link #73
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
Seeing "最終回" on the preview saddens me greatly, but it is an inevitable outcome and as the saying goes, all good things must end. 24 weeks gone by all too fast. As mentioned in the episode, it is indeed their last "after school" together, probably the last time they'll be sitting in that music room drinking tea and wasting time. And to think that I'll be graduating from high school in two months time... it's been a really eventful part of my life and just like the K-ON girls, I don't wish for it to end just yet.

I'm expecting the tears to flow again next week. At least this time I'll be prepared.
yeah...I m graduating in two months time too..lets do this!! hahahaha...have that said...I still can't believe that K-ON!! is coming to an end....well, at least I get to know them in my life and get to see the ending coming! So next up is "Graduation" eh? I wonder what title are they giving to the other two episode??
Old 2010-09-09, 22:51   Link #74
kankyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Hairballs on stockings......pubes?
There are no hairballs there, just a failure on translator's part.

Yui says "kedama" (literally "ball of hair") but in this case it means pilling (the stuff you get on your sweater or any other kind of clothes).
Old 2010-09-10, 00:04   Link #75
wingman32x

Great episode. Man, this series has done an excellent job with the concept of impending graduation. I'm very impressed. I mean, it's just the little things, like wanting to leave something behind for future members, and seeing Yui getting all flustered when she was reminded that this was the last 'after school. They also did a really good job showing Azusa's sadness slowly building as the big day approaches. I just think they did a really good job with that.

With that being said, next week is going to be pretty sad for me. I thought I would never say that for K-on! I watched season 1 because of it's huge following, and I was curious to see what all the hubub was about. It was decent, but nothing too special. So when season 2 rolled around, I was mildly excited, but didn't expect anything too good. Boy, was I wrong. Season 2, IMO, is so much better than the first. The main reason for this is because it spent a lot more time developing the club members and their friendships. You got to know them a lot more. They touched on it in season 1, but having another cour did wonders for season 2 in that regard. Season 2 elevated my appreciation for the series so much. So yeah, even though a lot of you are probably going to be experiencing a lot more heavier emotions than me, It'll still probably get to me. In the end, K-on! made a fan out of me. It's one of the few cases where I couldn't be happier to be proven wrong.

Sorry for the rant . Just wanted to share my take on the approaching last episode lol.

EDIT: Episode gets a 9/10.
Old 2010-09-10, 00:43   Link #76
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Tying Up Loose Ends.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't really mind at all if there's no performance or no music at all in the final episode. Their school festival performance was a rock it to the shit display as it is and it's enough of a fitting end for HTT's high school incarnation.

This episode was really a big and long "tying up loose ends" episode that is one of the very real and important things that mark the end of one phase of life and the start of the next. I doubt anyone would have wanted to leave high school without settling things and making sure you're prepared to move on. This includes of course doing the things you have left to do (like whatever that chocolate bread was), cleaning your room for the next batch of students, etc.

The best of course was their decision to make a tape of all their songs that they can leave behind for the next group of zany K-On!-ers. It actually makes it feel like, knowing how the episodes begin and how the halftimes are, seeing the tape now makes it feel like we're witnessing a recording/recollection of 5 girls and their life in a band rather than actively watching them as they go. In retrospect, it's like we've stumbled on their tape in the room and we listened to it, all the while hearing their story as 3 years of high school being told like a story.

In a way I think the inclusion of the tape was a brilliant symbolic touch, and anyone would immediately connect it with the start and halftime tapes. Perhaps we're no longer active viewers in the lives of 5 girls going through high school, but passive listeners listening to their story as they've already moved on.

This is their chronicle and we're merely looking at a mirror to past events.
Old 2010-09-10, 02:11   Link #77
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm getting mixed info on what may happen after ep 24. There are two more spaces in the weekly schedule before the next season starts. I've been assuming there would be two bonus episodes of some kind but they're being remarkably silent on the subject officially. Hence, the tension mounts...
Old 2010-09-10, 02:38   Link #78
Francismeunier
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kak Worm View Post
Better get the box of tissues ready. The next episode will surely be a waterworks fest.
For Azusa I will shed manly tears to sympathize with her!
Old 2010-09-10, 02:42   Link #79
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The golden chocolate bread from ep.5 makes an reappearance. And Shiraishi Minoru is the one being reported, not the reporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm getting mixed info on what may happen after ep 24. There are two more spaces in the weekly schedule before the next season starts. I've been assuming there would be two bonus episodes of some kind but they're being remarkably silent on the subject officially. Hence, the tension mounts...
Possibilities:

Ep 25:
Recap Episode
Original Story from 1st Year
Original Story from 2nd Year
Original Story from 3rd Year
Manga story from 3rd year

Ep 26:
Recap Episode
Original Story from 1st Year
Original Story from 2nd Year
Original Story from 3rd Year
Manga story from 3rd year
Timeskip episode(Budokan?)

Or:
Ep 25 and 26: 2 part Recap all the way from season 1.(Unlikely)

Remember Clannad After Story had a recap episode: but it also had an OVA episode, making 24 episodes with stories and 1 recap episode. Kyoani released 8 DVDs for Clannad After Story, each DVD covering 3 episodes, and the recap episode is not included in the DVDs.
Kyoani will release 9 DVD volumes of K-On: Meaning if After Story is any indication 27 full episodes with story is pretty much guaranteed. It'd be a pretty stupid move if Kyoani tries to sell the ninth DVD with only 2 story episodes in it.

Long story short, the 2 episodes after episode 24 shouldn't have a single recap.
Old 2010-09-10, 02:42   Link #80
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

After 37 episodes, K-on anime and manga are coming to an end. It will be a bittersweet finale and I'll miss them all, but I won't be losing hope that K-on will return soon. After all, there's still the ultimate goal of Budokan that they have to achieve!

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Closed Thread