Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-13, 04:25   Link #241
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
@monstert: Imagine those TNG fans as the same as UC fans whereas the TOS fans were more of the AU fans. TOS fans care more about the fun/adventure part of Trek, while TNG fans care more about technobable and philosophical differences between races.

This. I don't usually side with monstert, but I agree that we needn't not care about small details, like tweets or something. We must discuss developments and we need so, because we're gundam fans first before being fans of a specific gundam timeline.
If you put it that way then I completely agree. Trouble is we actually need a development and some information.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 04:25   Link #242
monster

Quote:
@monstert: Imagine those TNG fans as the same as UC fans whereas the TOS fans were more of the AU fans. TOS fans care more about the fun/adventure part of Trek, while TNG fans care more about technobable and philosophical differences between races.
Actually, I mostly encounter DS9 fans who tolerate TNG while hating VOY and ENT. But yeah, I've heard of those TOS VS TNG schism, although maybe not in the way you put it. But oh well, there are just as many types of fans (if not more) as there are Star Trek series.

But anyway, 2011 just can't come soon enough. I'm trying to hold off on watching the second episode of Unicorn until all episodes are done, so it'll be nice to watch a new series in the meantime and reading threads about it in this (and probably other) forums.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 04:50   Link #243
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Actually, I mostly encounter DS9 fans who tolerate TNG while hating VOY and ENT. But yeah, I've heard of those TOS VS TNG schism, although maybe not in the way you put it. But oh well, there are just as many types of fans (if not more) as there are Star Trek series.
I've met TOS fanboys who pretty much hated every Trek series except for TOS (TNG was acceptable, but nowhere near as good as TOS), VOY fanboys and DS9 fanboys.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:47   Link #244
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I've gone for a day, and it turned into Star Trek discussion thread, lolz?
Old 2010-12-13, 14:43   Link #245
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I've gone for a day, and it turned into Star Trek discussion thread, lolz?
Well it's been said that Gundam and Star Trek have a lot of similarities. It's actually that not that surprising.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:27   Link #246
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Well it's been said that Gundam and Star Trek have a lot of similarities. It's actually that not that surprising.
They both span multiple series and the fans hate each others' guts. Wow, they do have a lot common
Old 2010-12-13, 16:01   Link #247
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Don't forget that the original of both shows wasn't that popular until AFTER they aired.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-12-13 at 16:32.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 16:35   Link #248
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Goodness, I'm just finding this out right now. I've recently been rewatching Star Trek in reverse order of series on Youtube (finished Enterprise and Voyager and am now on the 5th season of DS9). And every time I finished watching a video I'm always tempted to just not read the comments because there would always be people who either complain about that particular series or praise it but complain about another Star Trek series instead of just talking about the episode.

As for me I've enjoyed all the Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate series/movies. I guess I just have a lower requirement for SCI-FI entertainment than most people.
Yeah the fanboys can be pretty intense but you think that's bad I saw the height of Babylon 5 DS9 debate. Also you might wan to try watching Babylon 5 it's great to bad none of it's spinoffs ever took off Crusade was really promising.
Quote:
I don't know if that's what GundamFan meant. But as for me, while I can somewhat understand why you're acting the way you do, I can also see that there's a difference. The people you say are complaining are doing so towards a series/director/etc. It's a neutral target, if you will. What you're doing, however, is complaining about other posters in this forum.

Now, while I'm not trying to defend those who complain needlessly about a series, at least they're "discussing" the series. What you're doing could, at best, end up being off-topic quickly, if it's not already. Or worse, it could turn into a flame bait and such.
Sort of you put it much more diplomaticly then I would have I think hie s past the point of could turn into flame baiting and is doing it. The guy is being ostentatious jackass which is why I saw no point in responding to him point bypoint he isn't worth wasting my time on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
They both span multiple series and the fans hate each others' guts. Wow, they do have a lot common
Well anime and sci-fi fans in general have quite bit of behavior common when you look at it both have conventions where people dress up as characters, then there is the merchandising, the odd ball fans that take it to far and where there customes every where, stalkers I have read Jeri Ryan has had acouple and poor Chantal Strand has D-Klac which if he ain't there yet is pretty darn close.

I have seen similar sort behavior between fans of shows outside of anime and sci-fi genre such as CSI and Law and Order but they lacked the passion, hatred, venom and all around intensity you get with the likes of Gundam, Star Trek or Star Trek vs. Star Wars.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 19:38   Link #249
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

With this 'doom-bill' everyone has been talking about, would you think this affects the next series to be portrayed?
Old 2010-12-13, 19:50   Link #250
fizzmaister
The Tall One

What exactly do you mean by doom bill? People here seem to be lamenting that if this mysterious announcement is a new series, it will have certain characteristics of the age that it's made. If this is a full series, expect it to cater for a general appeal, it will be targeted at kids as usual, the question is how big of a bone they'll throw at us older "kids." They threw a big bone with 00, but its no guarantee that the next series won't be more of a safe series. Besides, after pushing the limits of what Gundam is, I expect the next series to be safer, it will not be redefining Gundam, Let alone a big chunk of anime. Sure there's a possibility that they'll stick a director in who will singlehandedly slap Japan out of its "If its not moe or bishi it can't go on TV" phase, but that isn't likely. Bandai won't allow their cash cow to be endangered like that.

The rest is UC fans saying I wan't something that feels like UC
CE fans saying I want something that feels like CE
and 00 fans saying I want something that feels like 00.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:01   Link #251
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled till it happens
Old 2010-12-13, 20:05   Link #252
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
With this 'doom-bill' everyone has been talking about, would you think this affects the next series to be portrayed?
I think after the whole controversy with KiraXFlay in Gundam Seed, Gundam doesn't need a "doom bill" to stay away from anything overly sexual. And Gundam doesn't really promote any sadism or "compel criminal acts" or whatever. So I don't think it changes anything really.
Old 2010-12-13, 23:35   Link #253
GundamFan

Quote:
I imagine there will be a acouple of minor tweaks all the characters involved in romantic relationships will be age apporiate unlike 00 and the good guys will be a bit more of the "white hat" variety both in action and no refrences to them being terrorist or anything along those lines.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 01:28   Link #254
Vsin
Aldracity

In all honesty, from what I've seen, the doom bill pretty much won't scratch anything Gundam. From what I can tell, it primarily covers "extreme sexual content" plus homosexuality just because the guy hates em. I think fanservice is still allowed, and I think the bill doesn't even cover implicit sexual content (eg: Flay x Kira's bed scene). So long as it's not something like explicit rape (I think implicit gets away with it) the bill won't cover it.

All in all though, violence and insanity still seem to be A OK so once again: Gundam more or less gets poked and then moves on.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 09:13   Link #255
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
how about a Gundam series with a Terminator feel to it?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 09:38   Link #256
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
interesting..
like how?
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 09:48   Link #257
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Maybe the Governor of a certain Colony state gets to be a pilot?
Old 2010-12-14, 10:09   Link #258
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
time travels or A.I. going rogue? Mobile suits turning against the pilots would be pretty cool.

then again, something like Blue gender would be awesome aswell, humanity being exterminated by some creatures, and scientists/engineerer's putting humanity's last hope into creating a gundam, hey, look, i just created a epic story, afk writing a script
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 11:33   Link #259
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

what are you thinking of terminator give unless you want cylons in gundam (oh wait those are innos from 00ver-rated done that.)

besides here are why i have will might be next idea

1.we finally get a gundam tv series with MAIN LEAD gundam protagnist pilot being a WOMAN come let put of female's point of view.

2.a crossover gundam series give there DECADE & upcoming SS 2011 that wolud be like a decade but in pirates style so what gundam series as well yea let see kira yamato meet other main gundam guy from other series.

3.the one i called the RETURN of an era of course another GS series give they still owe a GS movie so IF keep up maybe another GS series from 3rd season, spinoff, reboot, or a prequal to GS really deep down the GS era is the SAVE of this era.

now those 3 ideas are options to do list.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 11:52   Link #260
deadite

Get plot of CyberTeam in Akihabara, replace Divas with Gundams.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote