AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 43.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 25.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-04, 18:54   Link #141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
I was fooled by the preview >_< I don't see any Higarushi'ish scene in this episode at all.

Well, maybe the old lady was a little creepy, but still...

Lol, I was expecting it to be comedy Like, horror-show comedy
Old 2007-11-04, 18:55   Link #142
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
Just a couple of things I've noticed and questions that have been raised:

1. why is it that ALL Sana's old friends seem to know the reason why nanaka lives with her uncle (the pause on the steps, everyone looks away awkwardly)

2. why aren't they telling him anything about it?

- this implies that it somehow has to do with him

3. Why does nanaka say, "if its about that, its ok" when Sana apologises re the violin...does that he ought to apologise for something else?

4. Why the awkwardness between Nanaka and her uncle?
1. Because only Sana is not there when something happened to Nanaka back then.

2. Maybe Nanaka asked them not to, alot of possibilities

3. Well I think its the way of how nanaka put it in words, nothing much.

4. The past involved her uncle

Some are just my prediction
Old 2007-11-04, 22:24   Link #143
CrisisDarkerXIV

Okay. Can anyone tell me what's more pwn than a old grandpa that plays fighting games?
If they had grandpas like that at a old folks home, I wouldn't mind helping out.
Old 2007-11-04, 22:47   Link #144
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
2. why aren't they telling him anything about it?

- this implies that it somehow has to do with him
Because is my books they are a-holes. I hate it when "friends" do that. God nothing worse then when someone lets you get run over by a bus and then goes "sorry i promised not to tell you" or "I didn't get permission to tell you". Friends are meant to be special, and Shuu is meant to be his best friend. Instead of people trying to throw him the littlest of bones (like Sana I'm not meant to say anything about this so don't ask more, but don't mention her parents or the violin, m'kay!), they let him hang out to dry and then blame him for his lack of psychic powers.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:35   Link #145
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Because is my books they are a-holes. I hate it when "friends" do that. God nothing worse then when someone lets you get run over by a bus and then goes "sorry i promised not to tell you" or "I didn't get permission to tell you". Friends are meant to be special, and Shuu is meant to be his best friend. Instead of people trying to throw him the littlest of bones (like Sana I'm not meant to say anything about this so don't ask more, but don't mention her parents or the violin, m'kay!), they let him hang out to dry and then blame him for his lack of psychic powers.
Yeah agree with you there.. Friends who don't tell you anything, especially if it involves you really aren't friends.... The anime attempts to create drama and mystery by implying that Sana's friend know something he doesn't yet they fail to understand that this isn't what friends do.

Shuu or Shuri will probably reveal the secret in due time but in the mean time, they're not being considerate enough to Sana..
Old 2007-11-04, 23:45   Link #146
Chewy

Well, maybe they're hiding it from Sana for his benefit ?
Old 2007-11-05, 01:25   Link #147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV View Post
Okay. Can anyone tell me what's more pwn than a old grandpa that plays fighting games?

An old grandpa that could win at it ?
Old 2007-11-05, 01:44   Link #148
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well, maybe they're hiding it from Sana for his benefit ?
That is a good point, but it would mean that the bad things must involve him in some way...

Arrrgggghh the tension is rising!!!! Too much drama.... Must stay off the coffee when watching this show!
Old 2007-11-05, 07:07   Link #149
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Nanaka didn't seem very comfortable when Sana asked questions regarding her family, did she? Both twins knew that Nanaka wasn't ready to answer Sana's question yet. If they had told him something about Nanaka's private life that she wasn't ready to disclose yet. It would be like backstabing one best friend while being helpful to other one.

Would you do something like that considering both were your bestfriends and both deserve eqaul respect & loyalty ? Honestly I respect Syuu and Syuri for what they did. Some questions about anyone should be left until they are ready to answer it on their own free will. Sometimes peoples aren't ready to move on and forcing them makes the situation worse. I believe that Nanaka would answer Sana's questions when she is ready.
Old 2007-11-05, 07:15   Link #150
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post

Would you do something like that considering both were your bestfriends and both deserve eqaul respect & loyalty ? Honestly I respect Syuu and Syuri for what they did. Some questions about anyone should be left until they are ready to answer it on their own free will. Sometimes peoples aren't ready to move on and forcing them makes the situation worse. I believe that Nanaka would answer Sana's questions when she is ready.
So Sana sticking his foot in it and causing everyone to be uncomfortable is a good thing. Nanaka getting angry and treating Sana like sh*t is a good thing? This type of situation drives people apart and in my books isn't a sign of good friendship.

Good friends watch out for your back, they look out for you even when you don't want them to. That is what makes them friends. Anything else are just associates or friends that children make.
Old 2007-11-05, 08:10   Link #151
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Iv thinking on this since watching the episode and i have no clue what the old lady might be up to. But if she attacks Nanaka i hope Shuuri beats her ol ass lets face it everyone else in the group is kind of whimpy.
Old 2007-11-05, 08:23   Link #152
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Iv thinking on this since watching the episode and i have no clue what the old lady might be up to. But if she attacks Nanaka i hope Shuuri beats her ol ass lets face it everyone else in the group is kind of whimpy.
The thought of Shuuri groin stomping the old lady makes my soul shrivel up .

But here is some food for thought, from what I gather she would require at least 2 sacrifices one on each hill. Who do you think the other victim would be?
Old 2007-11-05, 09:07   Link #153
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

But here is some food for thought, from what I gather she would require at least 2 sacrifices one on each hill. Who do you think the other victim would be?
*Claps his hands together and prays that Aoi is the 2nd sacrifice*. For what remains of my ears please take her and demon voice away.
Old 2007-11-05, 09:12   Link #154
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
So Sana sticking his foot in it and causing everyone to be uncomfortable is a good thing. Nanaka getting angry and treating Sana like sh*t is a good thing? This type of situation drives people apart and in my books isn't a sign of good friendship.
It depends ... . If Nanaka wasn't recovering from her past wounds then it may have been an good choise to disclose her past to Sana. We have seen Nanaka develop to more cheerful, outgoing character (to some extent) under Sana's influence. Considering that her situation may be delicate, it may not be the wisest choise to disclose something that she doesn't wants to reveal yet. If Nanaka is given some time, she will recover from her past and move on. She will also reveal what happened in the past on her own.

Sana : "Nanaka I am sorry about the violin thing earlier. I don't really understand. But it seems that I thoughtlessly asked you to do that".

Sana also seems to respects their (Nanaka, Syuu and Syuri) decision to some extent.

Some possiblilities if Syuu/Syuri told Sana what had happened after Sana left :-

1) Nanaka feels betrayed by the twins and closes herself off from all her friends again.
a) After her friends countless attempts to confront to her and help her, she keeps avoiding them (She keeps treating her friends like s**t). She may recover on her own but it would take a very long time.
b) After her friends countless attempts to forcibly help her, we see some improvement in her.

2) After acknowledging that Sana already knows what happened in her past, she overcomes her past and moves on to her present life with Sana.

Considering that her parents may have died (burned to death in their own house as skyfall suggested) when she was very little, making her an orphan, her situation is very delicate. Her friends were being considerate in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "greymoon" View Post
Good friends watch out for your back, they look out for you even when you don't want them to. That is what makes them friends. Anything else are just associates or friends that children make.
Good Friend do things and make decisions that they think is right for you including watching your back, helping out in your dire needs, being there when you need them, ... . Acting instinctively and thoughtlessly almost always leads to dire consequences.

But then I could be completely wrong about the whole thing

Quote:

She already buried 2 creatures alive on hills to make her wish come true. If she finds those sacrifices ineffective and decides to switch to human sacrifices then i would guess that Nanaka (being a maiden priestess, most pure sacrifice her words), Asami and Syuri (for being most approachable characters in old peoples house) are in danger. Or she can choose to sacrifice everyone that Nanaka (her granddaugher Motoko in her sight) tends to dislike.

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-11-05 at 09:32.
Old 2007-11-05, 12:31   Link #155
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Someone needs to make law making it a crime for Shuuri to groin stomp men. Seriously if she keeps this up Shuu might not be able reproduce then she will move on to other men effectivly destroying Japanese men's ability to spawn. Like Grey Moon my soul dies a little each time she does it.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-11-05 at 17:22.
Old 2007-11-06, 05:45   Link #156
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
The lack of communication either implies they don't trust him (which i doubt) or that they believe he will be adversely affected by the truth. But the irony is that simply delaying it will only cause the damage when the truth gets out to be greater (thats when you get the whole ... why didn't you tell me..)
Old 2007-11-06, 06:04   Link #157
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It's true that the damage will probably be greater if they delay the truth, but they are teenagers. It's only natural that they are trying to put off something troubling. This is exactly the kind of illogical action that is realistic for people of their age.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-08, 00:21   Link #158
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
This episode is my favorite till now
I just got an idea about what might happened to Nanaka and why she’s acting strange..
Old 2007-11-12, 02:41   Link #159
koreaneeyore
yandere lover~

this was a good ep. it was full of character and story progress. its full of mystery, questions, and some creepy stuff. plus tsundere nanaka going deredere is ftw. (^.^)
Closed Thread