AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-09-09, 13:47   Link #241
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Thanks for the extra info duckroll

Considering the lead female is a singer I'm sure we'll get plenty of Ryo songs as inserts in addition to the OP,and I very much consider him a "real" composer so I wouldn't have minded him doing the OST at all.
Old 2011-09-09, 17:53   Link #242
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

PV was awesome, so pumped for this.
Old 2011-09-09, 21:26   Link #243
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I love how I'm apparently the only person who's frame of reference for Sawano is Unicorn and not Blue Exorcist. To be honest I don't even know what Blue Exorcist is, but I'm sure his soundtrack for it is probably good too seeing as how his Gigantic Formula OST is as well. He seems pretty consistent.
Correct me if I'm wrong Shiroth... but the reason we mention Blue Exorcist is because we think it's his best work... Maybe totoum feels the same... it does help that's it's currently airing... and is a good reference point for people who may be following it atm as well... and Blue Exorcist is kinda a big deal now.. #1 manga and light novel last week... the latest manga volume shipped a million copies... which makes it elite. We all know he did Unicorn.. the Blue Exorcist thread has had nothing but praise for Sawano...

His Basara was good, his Unicorn made him knock on the door of the elite and Blue Exorcist completes his ascension... lets hope Guilty Crown cements his spot at the top. Sawano's become my fav since Taku Iwasaki's decline....

Quote:
Also count me as someone who is not sorry that Ryo is not doing the OST other than the opening. I thought that looked like a really weird choice for something that looks like this does in the PV's so I'm glad a real composer who I know can score many different types of scenes well and maximize their dramatic potential is sitting down to do the music as opposed to a dojin group that is mostly known for using Vocaloid (which I see as a bad auto-tune setting and don't really care for) in their music and being popular with otaku on the niconico scene. Made the right choice on how to handle the sound of this show I.G.
So much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
You know, ryo himself composed soundtrackes for Cencoroll & Black Rock Shooter OVA, and also released the album with the vocalist Nagi without Vocaloid, so I gues he's quite confident himself.
Yeah.. I was curious to see what he could've done with a series like this, hopefully he gets to score a full length series one day.. maybe that day will be soon with Black Rock Shooter TV next Jan...

He's also done an ending theme for Naruto: Shippuden, a Type Moon VN and a theme song for a special edition of a Shueisha manga. All without vocaloid...

Btw with Chelly now the new vocalist for Supercell does that mean Nagi Yanagi is finished with Supercell for good? Considered that "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" is my favorite anime related song since RahXephon's Hemisphere.... I was hoping that Supercell+Nagi would be back for future Bakemonogatari related works... or is she still part of the stable and is just an option like how they have huke and redjuice?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 23:14   Link #244
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Btw with Chelly now the new vocalist for Supercell does that mean Nagi Yanagi is finished with Supercell for good? Considered that "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" is my favorite anime related song since RahXephon's Hemisphere.... I was hoping that Supercell+Nagi would be back for future Bakemonogatari related works... or is she still part of the stable and is just an option like how they have huke and redjuice?
Nah, supercell hasn't got new, old or established vocalists. As I've said, supercell is ryo + ton of illustrators, all their vocalists are addition. So I hope we'll hear Nagi in the future)
Btw, is it me or Chelly really sounds like Nagi in the opening song?
Speaking of the young female vocalists, one can remember Kylee who performed in the ending of Xam'd in her 14th
She also performed theme song for the Unicorn at her 16th
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 00:53   Link #245
Joachim
et tu, brute?

oh wow, now that hiroyuki sawano also listed as the main ost composer.. good game noitama, consider me one of many that are seriously hyped for this one just for the action + sawano music alone.
Old 2011-09-10, 01:26   Link #246
TJR

Quote:
My question is whether they intend to market the new singer herself (i.e. public exposure and promotion), which never happened with Nagi. In time, successful promotion could greatly increase commercial potential.

With Supercell+Nagi, they're kinda capped.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 07:03   Link #247
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong Shiroth... but the reason we mention Blue Exorcist is because we think it's his best work... Maybe totoum feels the same...
I quoted it because it was my favorite soundtrack by him,my first exposure to him was with zombie loan (and I looked him up because when I watched zombie loan I thought "well the animation was horrible but the OST was good") and I've enjoyed some of his other works like Basara

Quote:
So much fail...
While I also completely disagree with most of what Kaioshin Sama said I'm not sure a comment like this is really useful

Last edited by totoum; 2011-09-10 at 12:15.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 08:49   Link #248
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ You got the names mixed up and it's not like he'll change his opinion anyway. Anyway like I thought you mentioned AnE because you thought it was his best work, seems to be the general opinion when it comes to Sawano. Unicorn's a close second though... and I haven't listened to his Zombie Loan score tbh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
My question is whether they intend to market the new singer herself (i.e. public exposure and promotion), which never happened with Nagi. In time, successful promotion could greatly increase commercial potential.

With Supercell+Nagi, they're kinda capped.
Yeah that could be the case... will be interesting to see what they end up doing with the vocalist situation... I quite liked Nagi Anyway I guess Ryo is going to be quite busy, in addition to his Guilty Crown work he's also writing and composing the opening theme for Shana III to be sung by KOTOKO. Than he probably has Black Rock Shooter TV the season after.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-09-10 at 09:00.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 08:57   Link #249
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I think i'm gonna put this on my anime watch list. Since they also (Production IG) did GITS series & recent Break Blade OVA.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 11:34   Link #250
tsunade666

I saw the pv and it was awesome!!! I will be waiting for this one.
Old 2011-09-10, 13:33   Link #251
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

While I also completely disagree with most of what Kaioshin Sama said I'm not sure a comment like this is really useful
I expect most people to disagree with my statements, it's no biggy. I just vastly prefer orchestral composition to the Hatsune Miku scene and J-Pop....especially when it's a sci-fi show that needs to be scored.

However this is Ryo's chance to prove his craft to me a little more. If he can write some memorable songs for Inori to sing I'll be able to give him a lot more credit, but as it stands I don't really like what I've heard from that group so far in terms of music. They have good illustrators though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 00:44   Link #252
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Just incase you didn't know, he's composing the OP as well. In fact, the OP is the second song you heard in the PV. I thought it was the ED initially as well but it said "Opening Theme" at the bottom of the screen when it started playing.
Isn't My Dearest (OP) the third song that plays in PV2 (at 1:08 mark)? Or am I under the wrong impression that the PV has three different songs (Beginning, 0:19, 1:08)?
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 03:31   Link #253
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong Shiroth...
Aimed that the wrong person.
Old 2011-09-12, 11:46   Link #254
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I expect most people to disagree with my statements, it's no biggy. I just vastly prefer orchestral composition to the Hatsune Miku scene and J-Pop
But Ryo is quite capable when it comes to orchestral compositions if you ask me,the BRS OST has some nice piano pieces for exemple.
Old 2011-09-12, 13:06   Link #255
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

My attempt in translating PV.
By the way, where can I get the quality rip of it? Youtube videos' quality is really horrible.
Old 2011-09-12, 13:30   Link #256
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But Ryo is quite capable when it comes to orchestral compositions if you ask me,the BRS OST has some nice piano pieces for exemple.
From what I sampled from the BRS OST, I think that ryo is good with the orchestral pieces, but with Sawano Hiroyuki ... the man isn't just capable, but at his best he can make exceptional pieces. Overall, I would say that Sawano is the better composer (not because he's a ''real'' one, which is my point of disagreement with Kaioshin) but I think it would've been interesting to have him work on a longer series to see what he can produce ...
Old 2011-09-12, 14:18   Link #257
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Spoiler:

My attempt in translating PV.
By the way, where can I get the quality rip of it? Youtube videos' quality is really horrible.
Some corrections. A lot of the grammar was off, but I'm just correcting the lines that weren't conveyed correctly from the original Japanese.

"Ten years ago "Apocalypse Virus" became pandemic and this country became all screwed up, many facts confirm this to us"

Correction:
"Ten years ago, when the "Apocalypse Virus" became a pandemic, the country went to hell and various "facts" were told to us."

"I can't take care of you and I haven't got the ability to take care of the important ones, but there isn't anything more that I can do."

Correction:
""We can't [afford to] let you handle this on your own" and "you don't have the power to save your loved ones". But still, even I had to wonder, was there really nothing more we could do?"
Old 2011-09-12, 22:26   Link #258
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Thanks, that were 2 lines where I was doubtful in how to translate and tried not too distort the original much)
But the second sentence is strange... is that really correct translation?
Also, about the translation of last sentence in PV:
人の心を紡いで形と成す――“罪の王冠”
I've replaced 紡いで with "connecting" and translated the whole thing like:
"connecting human's hearts to form in it's shape — "Guilty Crown""
because 紡いで translates as "spinning"
Old 2011-09-12, 23:00   Link #259
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I assume you're referring to the latter part of the second sentence. While it's a bit confusing because the entire sentence lacks context, Shu said "でも僕にももっとやれることないのかも". Given what he said before that and the fact he has かも at the end, I translated it the way I put up there.

As for the last sentence, it's kind of hard to hear exactly what she's saying with the crappy quality, but I think she might have said 繋いで, not 紡いで, in which case she is saying "connecting".

If that's the case, I would translate the line liberally as "Adorn it Shu, the power to connect to the human heart, the Sinful Crown".

If she is indeed saying 紡いで, then I'd probably go with this instead: "Adorn it Shu, the power to make a person's heart take shape, the Sinful Crown", since 紡いで also means "to make yarn", although it's a weird word to use here. This way you can also translate the 形 into English and it makes sense. Oh, and it's in-line with what we know about Shu's power, as Void takes the shape of a person's heart.

And just for future reference, I wouldn't translate 罪の王冠 as Guilty Crown (even though that is the Japanese equivalent of it) because the main site translates it as "Sinful Crown" in that little English blurb.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-09-12 at 23:21.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 23:22   Link #260
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for newtype scans:

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig