AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-26, 03:48   Link #2521
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
btw. does anyone have a good pic of this "Carissa" ?? im sarching and cant find it (picture that shows whole girl/woman" to see if she really is that hot like people keep talking ^^
just like chaos said
here is the pic btw
Spoiler for carissa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well someone needs to make a list of all girls considered to be interested of touma (romantic way/crush on him).......next those who have potential to end up in his harem later.... and those who will not end up in toumas harem for sure ^^ (simply selection: for sure in the harem are Mikoto,Index,Kaori,10032,Itsuwa,Less)
Lessa only wants to use Touma I think, to get him ally with england.

and you forgot Himegami, Kazakiri, and Fukiyose
Old 2010-03-26, 05:10   Link #2522
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Fukiyose is part of Touma's harem? Wasn't she supposed to be the last defense on Touma invisible attraction force? :P Which volume display fukiyose's affection for Touma? So far I only see them as boke and tsukommi friends XD
Old 2010-03-26, 05:17   Link #2523
tsunade666

If its touma soo called harem list then here's a little

for sure affection and not. Love and like had different level of affection.

Index - Save by touma in vol 1 and also the owner of 103,000 diabolic books - Loves touma and practically the main heroine in the magic side and most likely to end up with or just end up with a harem ending

Aisa - Save by touma in vol 2 and also a gemstone with the ability of deep blood - I'm not sure if love is right but she likes touma.

Mikoto - Save by touma in vol 3 and also a level 5 of academy city. She likes to pester touma since way before the memory lost incident and probably knows touma the most. She realize her real feelings for him in vol 16. She also the 3rd person to know about the memory lost of touma. And the main heroine of Sciecne Side
The first to know is frog face for being the one who cured him and also terra...... but I think Aleister should had know about it too so it will be 4 people but since terra is dead. Their are 3 people that are alive which know of touma's memory lost.

Kaori - helped by touma. Touma saves index in vol 1 and save kaori from being angel target practice in vol 4 and also touma did save the amakusa in vol 7. Touma did tons of things for this girl but she's too hard on herself and can't make a move. And don't underestimate her. She's a saint.

Ursula - save by touma in vol 7. A nun which been targeted by roman catholics for her knowledge but turn out to be a fake one.

Aneize - Enemy in vol 7 but save by touma in vol 11. A nun which commands 250 battle nuns.

Itsuwa- Their is no concrete evidence on where she met up with touma. But she first officially debut in vol 11. As a shy girl that can only give wet towels on touma. Then she's been partnered with touma and tsuchimikado in vol 14. And been assign as guard in vol 16 which prove helpful for her to become more forward. And also she decalair to her pontiff that she will not hand over touma to her

Seiri - The sooooooo called iron wall. The only one in school who can't be charmed by touma ( said by his classmates ) but it looks like she also likes touma. But from what chaoz said .This girl doesn't seem to like touma. Just a friendly one and an ideal leader.

Lessar - Save by touma in vol 17 or is it 18. She's the only girl now that is with touma. She's trying to seduce the guy too fall for her. I don't know much about her. But she's only interested on touma with professional way. I'm not sure in if its love or just she likes to messed up with. She's keeping touma in check and helping him to complete his mission. Though the world help isn't really the right word

I want floris in the harem
Old 2010-03-26, 05:24   Link #2524
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After the events of vol 10, Himegami still hold feelings for Touma this much is certain, the reason why she doesn't show it much is because she is insecure about herself and her importance to him.

Fukiyose... Not yet I think, in her monologue she mention that Touma isn't exactly someone she likes or dislikes, meaning she's neutral to him. Unless things changed by vol 14 that I'm not aware off.

Kazakiri... No.

Ursula... Not so much either, after her story, they're still on friendly terms but nothing that suggest that she developed feelings of love.

Anyeze... Hardly either. Though she tend to get into ecchi situations with him
Old 2010-03-26, 05:50   Link #2525
sasuke706

You forgot 10032, or the Sisters in general, but I haven't seen any of them besides her taking any initiative toward Touma.

Since volume 13, they've seem to of been (besides Last Order) slowly—well, maybe not so slow—worked into the background. With the latest addition of the Misaka Worst clones, they may have an upcoming part...but besides that, I can't really see them being all that active in the plot. Since they've decided 'not to die' anymore because of Touma, they become inactive while an AIM Angel is around, though seeing their point of view is nice; however, they might develop their abilities, but that seems a bit far-fetched. They have attack capabilities because of survival training (program, I suppose), but I can't see them using it for lethal force.

And I seem to be stuck on the candy chick scene from volume 12... Damn (romance) cliffhanger. If you couldn't tell, 10032 is up on my list for his harem ranking.
Old 2010-03-26, 08:12   Link #2526
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Himegami still like touma, even in vol 17(the last of her sighting I think) but she's become such a minor character now that she's barely in the story XD. I don't know about ursula and the 3 sisters, I don't think they're interested in Touma in a romantic way, and Fukiyose after vol 10 is just mostly in tsukommi boke situation with Touma XD
Old 2010-03-26, 08:22   Link #2527
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Right now, with the ways things are going, I won't be surprised even if Laura joins in the harem...

Just some thought. They did mention that there are 7 level 5s in AC, is there a possibility that there are other espers outside Academy City, especially level 5s? You know, since the magic and science sides are supposed to be equal... (CMIIW)

Btw, Chp 2 done. Mind boggling to say the least, at least my head didn't overheat. Though I was working on it during work time
Old 2010-03-26, 08:32   Link #2528
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Right now, with the ways things are going, I won't be surprised even if Laura joins in the harem...
Really? I think she should stick with Aleister- Those two can backstab the whole world together.

And Good job ! I know The second chapter was the longest to get through What with all the technical explainations and everything...

I did thought about the possibilities of Espers outside the city, but seeing as how Academy City is the leading expert in Esper development, I doubt anyone else could match them. Then again, whether an Esper reaches Level 5 or not doesn't have anything to do with Technology, at the same time there are still Gemstones out there in the world...
Old 2010-03-26, 09:36   Link #2529
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Just some thought. They did mention that there are 7 level 5s in AC, is there a possibility that there are other espers outside Academy City, especially level 5s? You know, since the magic and science sides are supposed to be equal... (CMIIW)

Btw, Chp 2 done. Mind boggling to say the least, at least my head didn't overheat. Though I was working on it during work time
Damn it, you're making me hope for the impossible.

Thanks for the chapter though

damn it this is sure to bore a lot of people if this get animated, Touma and co. are surely taking their time for a magical crash course before going ahead to try and capture Oriana...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-03-26, 09:51   Link #2530
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

uhh, these long explanation things is what makes me took too many time reading index novel ><. I'm not complaining about the explanation though, since it's what make the novel more interesting. I complain more about my poor japanese skill ><
Old 2010-03-26, 11:37   Link #2531
sasuke706

Quote:
Well, there may be some more, based on some translation from volume 3. Mikoto said:

Quote:
"You defeated me. If that's the case at least, you not taking responsibility as the winner would be worrisome. Me, one of the only seven known Level 5s of Gakuen Toshi, defeated by such a boy; I could stick to that and announce it openly, you know."
So, there can possibly be unknown level 5's...though I think the all-knowing narrator refutes this, saying there's only 7 level 5's quite often.
Old 2010-03-26, 11:43   Link #2532
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm guys? Please return back down to earth...

Anyway I hate to break it to you guys, but neither Sherry nor Oriana is apart of his Harem, so I doubt Carissa would too. In fact, most of the (older) girls he hit aren't apart of his Harem.
Yeah, I'm back down to earth

And sadly, I really can't ignore that either lol. Reality is cruel indeed. Well, you can't blame me for dreaming now can you?

About Sherry... I totally forgot about her lol. Has she shown up on the past 6 novels so far? To partake in the Russian conflict? I wouldn't know since I've yet to take japanese ><.

Quote:

Damnit! You're giving ME ideas about that too lol xD!!

As always your work is appreciated and I hope you don't overwork yourself
Stay healthy bro!

*from a comic strip xD*
Old 2010-03-26, 13:54   Link #2533
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
uhh, these long explanation things is what makes me took too many time reading index novel ><. I'm not complaining about the explanation though, since it's what make the novel more interesting. I complain more about my poor japanese skill ><
Magic needs a longer explanation than esper abilities. Because power users are grounded in some scientific theory, the mechanics behind it aren't completely fictional. For instance, do you really need an explanation on how electricity can affect magnetism, and why it can affect elements like iron? There's still some element of realism in the way some esper abilities work, so the explanation doesn't have to be so long.
On the other hand, nothing about magic exists in the real world, so the author is essentially making his world of magic from scratch. That means he has to explain every single detail, unlike some esper abilities where abilities like magnetism from electricity can be implied.

Quote:

But is there any research on ESP outsite of Academy City? Most of the Academy City high level espers are implied to have gone through the "Power Cirriculum," which involves drugs and hypnosis. If there are higher level espers outside of AC, wouldn't that mean they all attained their powers without chemicals, making them all gemstones?
Old 2010-03-26, 14:26   Link #2534
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

But is there any research on ESP outsite of Academy City? Most of the Academy City high level espers are implied to have gone through the "Power Cirriculum," which involves drugs and hypnosis. If there are higher level espers outside of AC, wouldn't that mean they all attained their powers without chemicals, making them all gemstones?

They could be graduates I suppose. Peolpe who have gone through the curriculum and left.

Apart from that, I can't rellay see the possibility of any other Level 5's unless other places are studying ESP, which is possible. Security of ESP systems seems to be high though. None the less, such info on how to make ESPers is easy to steal, if it isn't already common knowledge.
Old 2010-03-26, 15:35   Link #2535
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
They could be graduates I suppose. Peolpe who have gone through the curriculum and left.

Apart from that, I can't rellay see the possibility of any other Level 5's unless other places are studying ESP, which is possible. Security of ESP systems seems to be high though. None the less, such info on how to make ESPers is easy to steal, if it isn't already common knowledge.
I doubt Aleister would let them go just like that.
Old 2010-03-26, 16:53   Link #2536
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Erm guys? Please return back down to earth...

Anyway I hate to break it to you guys, but neither Sherry nor Oriana is apart of his Harem, so I doubt Carissa would too. In fact, most of the (older) girls he hit aren't apart of his Harem.
It's a cruel fact indeed. The one that got punched by Touma and seems to fall for him is Aniazel as I've seen by far, but that's also because he rescued her in vol. 11.
Spoiler for Umm:
Old 2010-03-26, 17:52   Link #2537
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker View Post

About Sherry... I totally forgot about her lol. Has she shown up on the past 6 novels so far? To partake in the Russian conflict? I wouldn't know since I've yet to take japanese ><.
She sort of appear in volume 9 with Ursula where she help figure out the mystery of the [Stab Sword]. She also appear in volume 18 fightning the Knights.
Old 2010-03-26, 19:21   Link #2538
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
She sort of appear in volume 9 with Ursula where she help figure out the mystery of the [Stab Sword]. She also appear in volume 18 crushing the Knights.
Believe me, she was really, really berserk.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-06-30 at 12:49.
Old 2010-03-26, 21:58   Link #2539
tsunade666

well she initially hated those knights. Related to Ellis.

And about level 5 outside academy city would never happen. Aleister wouldn't allow it and if their is a level 5 outside. Surely he will get them to the academy city.
Old 2010-03-26, 22:25   Link #2540
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

No, what I'm thinking of is if there's some other sub-branches in the science world as well (should have made this clear, I guess), since though AC is the leader of the science world, it doesn't mean that it's the only city that's devoted to science. I remembered seeing it before somewhere. Of course, I guessed that Aleister would farm in as many 'gems' that he can find as fast as he can in case someone breaks the treaty (well, too late at least).

To be honest, 2.3 million (population of AC) vs 2 billion (And that's the RCC only.) isn't really favorable for the science side if you ask me. Of course, not everyone's going to be fighting, and there's still the case of quality, but still, when you're seeing how the magic side is seemingly overpowered, with all the Saints out there, you got to wonder if AC is thinking of ways to counter them. Maybe they'll start spamming the AIMs? We know what happened the last time...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen