AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 10:21   Link #41
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Ah thats a pity. Otherwise you could have plugged them in all available slots and thereby figured out which one is malfunctioning. Well... all you can do now is the trial and error method. For each restart deactivate a different USB host controller. Let the USB mass storage device ba activated.
If after a restart no mass storage device is found, you have found the correct USB host controller that must be disabled. (This solution assumes your assumption about the broken USB port is correct).
Old 2009-04-12, 10:29   Link #42
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quick question there is no chance that my keyboard or mouse will stop functioning when I disable one right?

edit: here's soemthing I noticed
the first Universal one in the list I can't disable it, I'll try the other 3 though

edit: lol the first one was for my mouse ROFL that was a panic moment XD my hands are still shaking lol
is there a way to put the hardware screen as a short cut on desktop, if my mouse doesn't function then I can atleased go into the menu and re enable it lol

edit 3:
I tried the hosts that I could use but with non of them my ghost dissapeared

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2009-04-12 at 10:48.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:08   Link #43
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Okay, that proves your assumption wrong... and unfortunately does not help at all to get rid of the problem.

I will google for similar problems... maybe someone else got into the same trouble and found a solution.

edit:

Sorry, I had no luck with this. I found loads of examples where some USB device wasn't detected or wrongly detected. But there was nothing about a ghost device.

Maybe that can help... though I have my doubts:

in a command console (dos box)
enter 'set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1'
and then start 'devmgmt.msc'
You should now see all devices (also hidden ones). Delete everything that looks like mass storage. Or better delete the whole USB hub. It will be redetected next time you start up Windows.

Last edited by Jinto; 2009-04-12 at 12:44.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 04:47   Link #44
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

How do I get into the dos screen lol

Also I'm thinking of doing a reformat but as a noob in that section I still have some questions concerning it because I have no idea what will happen if I do that
- does a reformat require you to reinstall everything? Like your graphics card, sound card and motherboard kind of thing? Or is it only windows followed by whatever programs you used to have on your computer
- What CD's will I be needing, just the windows XP setup CD?
- Also is it something that even a noob like me can do ha ha or would guidance certainly be required if you've never done this before

edit:
Someone also suggested me that it would be best to reformat the entire drive
But I wonder if I reinstall windows would that help with the driver problem?
Old 2009-04-13, 09:57   Link #45
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Well I reinstalled windows my sticks are now working
now it is merely the problem that soem programs are not functioning anymore but the thing is windows doesn't list them anymore int he add/remove programs
Old 2009-04-13, 10:08   Link #46
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Well I reinstalled windows my sticks are now working
now it is merely the problem that soem programs are not functioning anymore but the thing is windows doesn't list them anymore int he add/remove programs
Your programs probably lost their registry entries during the reinstallation and it's also the reason they no longer show up in the add/remove programs window. It would be best to reinstall them all. Oh and make sure to get the latest OS and antivirus software updates as well.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 10:58   Link #47
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

of course, one question though can registry mechanic clean out all those parts?
cause some programs wont reinstall because of lose parts still being on my disc

Adobe is now installing after running the clean script but does anyone know if 3DS max 2008 has one too?

Edit:

Also now I still have a no disc error when running a program though it will still run if I ignore it but it isn't good
Also it won't install Adobe for some reason after running the clear script

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2009-04-13 at 11:29.
Old 2009-04-13, 11:45   Link #48
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I had similar issues too, when I recovered my Windows 2003 partition. I did not find a solution to get the registry clean. Could not reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader and so on. Then again I was using a backup of my registry because I did not want to reinstall all programs. Though in my case it was to be expected that some things would be messy.

Can you describe the no disk error? Maybe the program is trying to use some temporary folders on a drive that is not present or something.
Old 2009-04-13, 13:33   Link #49
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Well Adobe now works lol and the error is gone too
I ran registry mechanic about 5 times before the amounth of registry error slimmed down dramatically lol
As for Adobe it was an easy fix, the failed install had installed some components so it allowed me to reinstall everything with the CD and now everythign works again
Also do you remember I had a Premiere problem well that program now works as well yay

The no disc error is no longer showing so that is good, the only thing I still have to fix that might be a problem is Autodesk 3Dsmax 9 and 2008

edit: max has been fixed, I figured out the process now I think
When you run the setup a first time the setup will not detect your old files and because they still refer to the Disc that was there before it was reformatted it gives that error No Disc but you should run the setup anyway, it will fail a first time saying that it couldn't complete but in that process it will detected some of the older files and will rewrite some of them and thus your system now links to the old ones through the failed installation, run the install again and it'll all work again

As for my games as well, Oblivion when running the setup will reinstall first (which I haven't done yet), some older games will not require this but I would still do it so that they appear in the add/remove program list

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2009-04-14 at 07:41.