AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 03:15   Link #1121
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@Kyero Fox: Cuz I like girls, and I'd like the person I'm role-playing to have a romance I can actually identify with.

Plus I want to squee.

I DEMAND THE SQUEE.
Old 2011-04-04, 07:06   Link #1122
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
@Kyero Fox: Cuz I like girls, and I'd like the person I'm role-playing to have a romance I can actually identify with.

Plus I want to squee.

I DEMAND THE SQUEE.
Then for your sake I hope they dont rush this just to make Everyone happy. but please don't get your hopes up
Old 2011-04-04, 19:06   Link #1123
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Oh I'll be okay with it even if there were no romances at all--I love Mass Effect, I honestly believe it's the best thing Bioware's ever done. I don't mark down ME2 for its lackluster lesbian romances--the game's still awesome and I still think the ME series only gets better with each additional installment. I really wish I could put ME1's game into ME2's UI and graphics engine. ME2 just plays so much better.

For the most part my Shepard's been far too busy kicking ass, blowing shit up and being a tough Renegade bitch to worry about sleeping with anyone...
Old 2011-04-04, 20:49   Link #1124
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Haha but you girls get garrus, surely he doesnt count as a man for lesbians, sure hes the male gender of the species but who knows! haha

Honestly i thought Jack would be super Bi. Thats the one "wth bioware?" that i had against them.

and LOL @ Kasumi havin it in for Jacop XD

and even if male shep couldnt romance tali i would still be like a father figure or Big bro to her. shes just too cute to not want to protect or love in some way XP

On a side note, what special armor would you guys want in ME3? Dragon age? Dead Space? Halo?
Old 2011-04-04, 22:56   Link #1125
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
On a side note, what special armor would you guys want in ME3? Dragon age? Dead Space? Halo?
Would want it to automatically remove the helmet in conversations like in Dragon Age.

Made me stop using them throughout the whole game
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 23:13   Link #1126
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea except that visor you get from Omega, I love the dragon age armor but i wish the helm came off
Old 2011-04-05, 00:33   Link #1127
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I always use that visor. It's really useful if you commonly use a weapon that routinely leaves a tiny sliver of life left on guys you headshot... *coughhandcannon*
Old 2011-04-05, 01:23   Link #1128
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

UGH! i hate that XD I sware the Reaper boss survived my last sniper shot. I saw NO yellow bar.. it was empty, like he survived with 1 point XD
Old 2011-04-05, 02:52   Link #1129
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal View Post
Would want it to automatically remove the helmet in conversations like in Dragon Age.

Made me stop using them throughout the whole game
Heh, that's actually one of the things that annoyed me in DA:O. I had a cool helmet, and it never showed in conversations. I'd like the helmet thingy to be a toggle option.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 09:48   Link #1130
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'd prefer it as a toggle option as well like the first had.

Sometimes having a helmet was cool like the Death Mask that makes you sound a bit like a storm trooper. xD

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 10:18   Link #1131
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The ONLY thing I want in3 is tali's face and a good romance ending
Old 2011-04-05, 10:22   Link #1132
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The helmet toggle would be very welcomed by me. Tali's face, on the other hand... I dunno.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 11:42   Link #1133
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

eh if they dont its fine, but they better not pull a DA2 with ME3.
Old 2011-04-05, 11:50   Link #1134
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Keeping Tali's face a secret is one of the allures of her character, like Taokaka in Blazblue. Wanting to know what's beneath the mask stops being an attractive point when its revealed.
Old 2011-04-05, 11:57   Link #1135
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Unless the face revealed is so beautiful that it makes the attraction even better

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 12:19   Link #1136
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Unless the face revealed is so beautiful that it makes the attraction even better
guess you guys havent seen the fan art

surely if Asari look decent then Quarians will look even better, after all their cursed to live inside ugly suits. it wouldnt be a curse if they were butt ass ugly
Old 2011-04-05, 13:38   Link #1137
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
guess you guys havent seen the fan art

surely if Asari look decent then Quarians will look even better, after all their cursed to live inside ugly suits. it wouldnt be a curse if they were butt ass ugly
And the main drive for drawing that fanart was because of the mystery. As long as the face remains a mystery, everyone's fanart is just as good an interpretation, and people will keep drawing many different Tali's. Your assumption that Quarians will 'look even better' is the same. As long as the Quarian's faces are never revealed, you will always keep wondering and imagining.

Don't underestimate the drive of the unknown.
Old 2011-04-05, 14:35   Link #1138
chaos_alfa

I find it a bit stupid. Mass Effect hides nothing form it player, "Everything" is explained, but Tali's face is the one thing we may not know. Even Shepard has seen her face. Than why not the player.

And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I'm still mad they didn't show it in ME2.

They created the perfect moment to show it, but they chickened out in the end.

It would have add much to the scene. Showing her face to Shepard would have made the romance scene much more intimate, because Shepard would be the only person in the galaxy (not counting her parents) that knew what she looks like under her mask. It would be a sign of how much Tali loves him and is willing to risk for their relationship.

By showing it to Shepard but not the player they also create a disconnection between the avatar and the player. Which is bad game design, because this is the only moments in the games (If I remember correctly) where Shepard knows something which the player doesn't.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 14:56   Link #1139
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Like I said, mystery. Tali wouldn't have been nearly as popular a character as she is now if they'd just shown her face.

As for the bad game design... debatable. It certainly creates some amount of disconnect, but I won't call it bad game design. Given the choice between ruining the mystery or a bit of disconnect, I can fully understand why they chose the disconnect.
Old 2011-04-05, 15:40   Link #1140
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Like I said, mystery. Tali wouldn't have been nearly as popular a character as she is now if they'd just shown her face.

As for the bad game design... debatable. It certainly creates some amount of disconnect, but I won't call it bad game design. Given the choice between ruining the mystery or a bit of disconnect, I can fully understand why they chose the disconnect.
I understand your view. I just find it a bit jarring as this is the only instance in the game -to my knowledge- that this happens.

As a gamedesign student myself I wouldn't have made Tali a romance option to keep the game in line with the earlier established rules and to prevent this type of situation.

If there where more moments in the game where the player would feel disconnected with his player character I would give this instance a pass. Because the player would have already been accustom to these moments and would be prepared for it. So whenever these moments happen, it wouldn't bring the player as much out of the game as it did in the 'Tali sex scene'.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2011-04-06 at 02:24.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2