AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-15, 12:30   Link #23581
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Hmph, Rule of Cool fails when something else is being made Cool instead of starfighters. At least anything not under its direct effect can still be calculated with rationality
Hey, you just wanted to know how the ardor came about :P

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-15, 12:44   Link #23582
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Alright, so if not the Arthra, what then? It's kinda important to the team's purpose to have a ship to be cruising around in. Could the Enforcers requisition a cruiser coming out of the shipyards, or would they have to pull one out of mothball, like the Arthra? Is this an XV-class warship, and what kind of armaments would be appropriate for an experimental unit's "flagship"?
Experimental weapons, what else? just tone it down though.

PS: those in the IRC that saw the test firing of the GN Warp Cannon [Haxx version]: I'm still toning it down...

Quote:
A blockade runner? Seems kinda low-powered for a subspace warship, but the size sounds about right. What about something like the Minerva?

That would be Mine by the way... as the TSABS Silvana (LHM-BB-03 / TSAB-XN-01)

Spoiler for Some Silvana "Nonesense":

*bows and keels over*
Old 2008-04-15, 13:03   Link #23583
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Okay, okay, okay, wait, wait, wait....Where in the name of all that is Nanoha did you get the idea that we are doing a Multi-Universe?
Hellooooo? Does the "Time Space" in TSAB mean nothing to you? Multiple universes are part and parcel of the series itself.

Quote:
I think he meant 'multi-dimensional' which is a central point in Nanoha.
To a point, yes. The difference is, if you go far enough into dimension space, you're liable to start seeing things that look awful familiar. Whether those be other copywritten universes, or alternate takes on the TSAB and all associated characters, when you're dealing with the multiverse, anything and everything can and will happen. Especially crossovers.

Really, am I the only one here who came to that conclusion? Never mind that we can't use said characters and concepts while creating OCs (here, at least), that doesn't stop 'em from existing elsewhere.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-15, 13:06   Link #23584
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Hellooooo? Does the "Time Space" in TSAB mean nothing to you? Multiple universes are part and parcel of the series itself.

To a point, yes. The difference is, if you go far enough into dimension space, you're liable to start seeing things that look awful familiar. Whether those be other copywritten universes, or alternate takes on the TSAB and all associated characters, when you're dealing with the multiverse, anything and everything can and will happen. Especially crossovers.
And this is where I shall get off the train.

This is definitely not worth the headache you're giving me, especially since I've got final exams around the corner.
Old 2008-04-15, 13:11   Link #23585
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Really, am I the only one here who came to that conclusion? Never mind that we can't use said characters and concepts while creating OCs (here, at least), that doesn't stop 'em from existing elsewhere.
No, you're not the only one that came to that conclusion, we've already imported several concepts ourselves. However, the main difference is that we import and adjust things to the Nanohaverse setting, we don't 'make a link to the DBZ universe' as you seem to be suggesting.

This is the Nanoha character thread, as such, we will limit our creations to the Nanoha universe.
Old 2008-04-15, 13:13   Link #23586
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Where is original when all I seem to see is some kind of obsession over porting characters from other franchises?

I mean, even my first character was made on the blue with no existing base; another of my characters, the pirate Morgan may have been inspired by Cobra but he is nothing like him.

USB500's Alita may have been based on Patchouli, but she is nowhere a carbon copy of the original. And the list goes on.
Old 2008-04-15, 13:14   Link #23587
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No, you're not the only one that came to that conclusion, we've already imported several concepts ourselves. However, te main difference is that we import and adjust things to the Nanohaverse setting, we don't 'make a link to the DBZ universe' as you seem to be suggesting.
This is the last thing I'm saying before I sigh off from this.

There's a difference between multi-universe, and multi-dimensions.

Multi-Universe refers all various universes that exists, known to us, meaning that the Pokemon Universe, DBZ Universe, X-Men Universe, etc. etc. are all a hop-skip-and-a-jump away from one another.

Multi-Dimensions, now that's like when you're dealing with various levels of reality or space. A good example would be the Warp from Warhammer 40K. Another example would be the concept of Sub-Space from Star Trek.

@Keroko: Do correct me if I'm wrong however.

*Gets off the train*
Old 2008-04-15, 13:21   Link #23588
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Where is original when all I seem to see is some kind of obsession over porting characters from other franchises?
*Points at Rico*

Right there, Sheba. I've got another idea for a partner character (as in Subaru/Teana partners) in the pipe right after him, as well, who's also (mostly) original.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-15, 13:22   Link #23589
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To put things into another perspective, Comartemis:

Take Signum. She is in many ways an homage/OCfication of Lamia Loveless. Yet, she is still her own person. And consider how she's inserted into Nanoverse.

Again, as I repeat, take Chief. I inserted Chief via means that you've ignored. Or Johnson - rather than make him a UNSC Marine from Earth, I made him an Erusian Marine from St. Hewlett, Osea, Erusia. Hell, Franz is his own person, nevermind that Alpha Franz has a number of fairly obvious Alt Eisen refs. Ditto Glen & Emili, who are minor shout outs to Kyosuke and Excellen and nods to Cybuster and Weiss Ritter Rein in their skillsets.

Now for god's sake, listen. LISTEN. And COMPROMISE. If I can do it, if Kagerou can do it, if ATC can do it, you had better fucking learn. Nobody on Cadia gets a free pass. Even Aaron nerfed and de-HAXXed a charecter profile he created before haxbusting - and this was a well-liked OC as well. Reiji tried to throw his weight around and got slapped down - do you really think you can get away with the same?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-15, 13:25   Link #23590
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Again, as I repeat, take Chief. I inserted Chief via means that you've ignored.
You wound me, Goose; what the heck do you think I did with Wily and Zero? I ported them. Like a good little soldier, I listened to the advice you lot gave me, and pumped out what I think is a damn good example of a Striker-level character.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-15, 13:30   Link #23591
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
You wound me, Goose; what the heck do you think I did with Wily and Zero? I ported them. Like a good little soldier, I listened to the advice you lot gave me, and pumped out what I think is a damn good example of a Striker-level character.
Well, I'll grant that you did listen to me on backstory. The haxxed abilities are another matter though - wait.

*scrolls up*

Ceh. Rico & Nova are original creations? I was thinking they were being inserted from somewhere else. And I started hearing warning bells after you mentioned them facing a whole galaxy of threats and the like. Then again we've got the spawn, the unholy cross of Zerg and Flood.

Sorry about that. I should warn you that the longer/later i spend time on OC, the sharper my temper gets.

Also, while I normally handle backstory, I would advise you to listen to the comments made on M4 (and why M4? Can't you think of a better name like "Missile Bukakke" instead?). Unless it's an M4 carbine, a magical Itano circus ain't happening anytime soon. (Naomi canonically used an M4A1 in Episode 2 of Alpha; in one continuity it's because her BR55C carbine wasn't ready yet.)

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-15, 13:33   Link #23592
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Well, I'll grant that you did listen to me on backstory. The haxxed abilities are another matter though - wait.

*scrolls up*

Ceh. Rico & Nova are original creations? I was thinking they were being inserted from somewhere else. And I started hearing warning bells after you mentioned them facing a whole galaxy of threats and the like.
To your credit, originally Nova was pulled from MKR, but these two have undergone a serious redesign in concept to fit them into my Wraith Squadron idea. Now the only thing Nova has in common with anyone else is Etna's (from Disgaea) physical appearance... and a possible connection to Agito, who she bears an uncanny resemblance to. I haven't worked out the details on that, though, and it might turn into "just a coincidence".

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-15, 13:40   Link #23593
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X

*warps in*

Saint X could only chuckle as the conversation is going on

Saint X holds up a sign saying "Go to IRC NAO"

Nao Bows

O_O

krisslanza, get your child to act properly please...

*warps out*
Old 2008-04-15, 13:43   Link #23594
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Also, while I normally handle backstory, I would advise you to listen to the comments made on M4 (and why M4? Can't you think of a better name like "Missile Bukakke" instead?).
What if I dropped the missile count down to about 25 or so?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-15, 14:38   Link #23595
Jimmy C

Quote:
Tactically this is very advantagous, especially against enemies that don't have this capabillity. Pop in, Arc their ships, pop out. Rinse and repeat.
It doesn't work that way. The Arc takes too long to charge and the range is too short to be a viable tactical weapon. Strategic, yes. Tactical, no. If a TSAB ship pops out of dimensional space and starts charging the arc, it's targets are either going to scatter or focus fire on it.
Old 2008-04-15, 14:41   Link #23596
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It doesn't work that way. The Arc takes too long to charge and the range is too short to be a viable tactical weapon. Strategic, yes. Tactical, no. If a TSAB ship pops out of dimensional space and starts charging the arc, it's targets are either going to scatter or focus fire on it.
Or worse...

"Ram 'em 'till they give up!"
Old 2008-04-15, 14:45   Link #23597
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Zap Brannigan tactic anyone?
Old 2008-04-15, 15:06   Link #23598
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Well that was a fun read :3

Boy do I feel sorry for them LOL XD
It's not nice to mess with a Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
All Steel Talons, with the Valkyrie being the SMS-25F Valkyrie from the new Macross Frontier.
Ah, Macross F. Valkyries are so awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post

Jesus Christ in Heaven...

...haven't we made enough C&C references here already?
Nope, not at all

Quote:

...a trap spawned from a trap.

Figures.
We happen to like our traps here. Especially Keroko's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Ouch for those guys...don't mess with a Rider...
They're lucky SaSword didn't decide to intervene himself...

Quote:
Most likely because it doesn't fit into the guiding principles that guide the universe that is Nanoha.

On top of that, this is Magical Girl.
And guys

Quote:
*shrug* Kagerou and I blew up a fucking XV. We just go about our explosions in a different way.

Psycho: *smirks and continues playing with Fury*

Besides, I find that it's more fun to write about people who have to work and actually think their way through combat, rather than Nanoha's "Just beamspam them till they die" approach.

In two words: Sniper Ivanovich.
Back, Psycho! Back I say!

All of my OCs would get their butts kicked by the Aces hands down . It's not all about power, but being able to write and develop a character of your own creation and see how he/she grows over time. Creativity is the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
:3

Well, this will come as a little surprise, but this chapter is supposedly combined together with Chapter 8. A little review separated them, though, because I think dropping another Bluecheese Nuke rivaling Chapter 6 (which was capped at 26K words, combined Chapter 7-8 probably slightly more than that) is going to make a lot of people go bonkers and start screaming for my skin .

Nothing big here, really, just a lot of information dump. And I think I got some of the characters OOC (Out-of-Character) and some things OOC (Out-of-Canon) .

Anyway ...

*drops nuke and runs*

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS

Chapter Seven—A Tale from the Past
GuardianS returns!!
Epic chapters as usual, PF . And a very interesting cliffhanger, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
First, I don't watch Gundam. Period.
Fin Funnels and Bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Okay, so things have infinitely improved :3

At least now I have 7 more pages of backlog to try and catch up to when I get home

I've been having some trouble handling exams, work and other stuff lately so I expect to be back (again) to full duty by the end of the week ^^; For now I'll try to keep up with things here but mostly in lurker status

Though I simply skimmed the surface of it, I've seen some interesting charas. The one that mostly caught my eye would be Keroko-kun's Rebuilt of Uomo. I haven't had time to read the third yet though (Sorry Keroko-kun ). Nice new pic for him though

I'm in school and about to receive a lecture from my teacher for slacking off so I'll see you guys later

*Runs before receiving lecture*
I think those exams are a bit more important, ne? But glad to see you're still doing well and holding on there . Good luck with those exams and we await your return!

Quote:
No, you're not the only one that came to that conclusion, we've already imported several concepts ourselves. However, the main difference is that we import and adjust things to the Nanohaverse setting, we don't 'make a link to the DBZ universe' as you seem to be suggesting.

This is the Nanoha character thread, as such, we will limit our creations to the Nanoha universe.
One of the viewpoints we use in adapting characters can be taken akin to what Yuuko states in Tsubasa Chronicles: As you travel to different worlds you will encounter faces you had met before. However, they will not always be the same person. Even though the soul is the same, the events of their lives have shaped each one differently. A friend in one world may be an enemy in the next.

Well, something like that . In this case if we want to port over a character, we merely use them as a base and alter them to integrate better.
Old 2008-04-15, 15:12   Link #23599
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Still not computing. In fact, Spawn + Technollogy is computing even less.
It will, in time. It involves me to do lots of nearly impossible things, but I'll do it, and when you see it, bricks will be shat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Correction: TK likes girls that are intelligent and level headed.
That doesn't explain your Vita fetish.

*RUNS FASTER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Weeee~ Another Alpha chapter . And thus light has been shed upon the prophecy. Going to be interesting to see what happens, especially with Vivio also involved in their coming. And I see Shamsel got a few promotions
All in good time my dear Eva.
And also, yes, both Shamsel and Ryo got a few promotions. In Alphaverse, NERV has also expanded slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Spoiler for Arrival:

*dives back into the Sea of Dirac*
In a word: pwn'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

I see what you did there... My only complaint is that I can't think of a GAR enough death for any of the CKs using the latest information, but it's just me.

And LOCKON STRATOS appears!!!
Oh, when CKs die, it will be suitably epic.

Quote:
..."that backwater world"? And a Nakajima connection? This doesn't sound good...

...and WTF @ Carim agreeing to kill der Kleriker and the CKs?!

If Kha dies, Kagerou...

...then will undo EVERYTHING you do in this story!

THAT CLEAR?!
Pff please, everything in the story serves a purpose, you'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Woah...what in the world happened to Nanoha?
Something.

Quote:
*snip for rant*
To elaborate, I want to show you something Comartemis:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=14630
See this post? It's the first version of my world's history. Compare to the second version, which Goose has already shown you.

Quote:
There's a whole multiverse out there waiting to eat these mages alive. Just because I have to limit my characters to what's in the Nanoverse doesn't mean I can't ship them over to another universe with a whole 'nother power bracket; DBZ, Disgaea, Slayers, Bastard!!, manga-canon Sailor Moon, etc.

Which means what, exactly?

Noted. M4 remains viable... though I might tone down the volume of fire, just to humor the lot of you.
Means nothing. You can't do that Comartemis, it's not legit to canon. In any way.
Old 2008-04-15, 16:59   Link #23600
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
To put things into another perspective, Comartemis:

Take Signum. She is in many ways an homage/OCfication of Lamia Loveless. Yet, she is still her own person. And consider how she's inserted into Nanoverse.

Again, as I repeat, take Chief. I inserted Chief via means that you've ignored. Or Johnson - rather than make him a UNSC Marine from Earth, I made him an Erusian Marine from St. Hewlett, Osea, Erusia. Hell, Franz is his own person, nevermind that Alpha Franz has a number of fairly obvious Alt Eisen refs. Ditto Glen & Emili, who are minor shout outs to Kyosuke and Excellen and nods to Cybuster and Weiss Ritter Rein in their skillsets.

Now for god's sake, listen. LISTEN. And COMPROMISE. If I can do it, if Kagerou can do it, if ATC can do it, you had better fucking learn. Nobody on Cadia gets a free pass. Even Aaron nerfed and de-HAXXed a charecter profile he created before haxbusting - and this was a well-liked OC as well. Reiji tried to throw his weight around and got slapped down - do you really think you can get away with the same?
Strange...I've never listened, and I've never compromised either...and yet the haxbusters have always left me alone...

wait...that's because I'm not on enough, because my character is kept out in the dark not treading on toes, and because most of it gets retconned by myself even before it hits the board. But even more to the point, it's because I don't really care. Even so, I'll say this:

If any so-called 'haxxbuster' tried to BULLY me like you do in this post, I'd IGNORE them. If they kept trying, I'd keep ignoring them.

Remember, the power of Haxbusting only works if the person you're trying to help actually wants to listen. If not, all they have to do is ignore you, and then what will you do?

Answer: you won't do anything because you CAN'T. If they don't choose to listen, you CAN'T make them. worse, they might choose to leave, and that'd be the OC's loss, not theirs. Moreover, if people are being scared away, the mods might close the thread entirely, ending the whole Hax vs non-hax argument for good.

so tone down the attitude, Goose.

In my defence, I say this about the perils of HAXX, for the benefit of Comartemis and any other newcomers:

If you feel the need to write some HAXX plot or other, DO SO. Post it. Let everyone see it. AND THEREFORE GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM.

then go back and ask yourself: would I really like my character to have to deal with THIS?

and then alter it to how you feel you need to for you to feel happy putting another character up against it.

most of all, DON'T compromise UNLESS and UNTIL you're happy with the compromise...if you feel you need to fight for a concept that others don't like the sound of at first, by all means fight for it. Don't let yourself be bullied into watering down a feature you like just because some others don't think it fits. MAKE it fit. don't drop it just because it's easier than arguing over it...argue, and hash out a middle ground.

but don't abandon something just because the haxbusters don't like the sound of it.
Closed Thread