AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-14, 10:43   Link #81
Cal-Reflector

Title: In the Most Unlikely Places
Rating: G
Length: 1000 Words
Characters: Lelouch, Tianzi.
Summary: Shortly after kidnapping the Empress of the Chinese Federation, Lelouch becomes acquainted with his hostage.
Spoiler: Episode 9 R2.

Spoiler for It all begins with an act of kindness:
Old 2008-06-14, 16:38   Link #82
KrimzonStriker

Well, that was nice Cal, gives a good breather from all the screaming Lelouch has been getting for the end of Turn 9 concerning Tian Zi
Old 2008-06-14, 16:50   Link #83
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, that was nice Cal, gives a good breather from all the screaming Lelouch has been getting for the end of Turn 9 concerning Tian Zi
Go back to the episode discussion thread, ask the screamers to come here. I'm curious to see if they'll flame me or become mollified.

Personally, my money is on flaming.
Old 2008-06-14, 16:53   Link #84
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Go back to the episode discussion thread, ask the screamers to come here. I'm curious to see if they'll flame me or become mollified.

Personally, my money is on flaming.

I liked it,
Then again, I don't flame
Old 2008-06-14, 16:58   Link #85
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, if they base their opinions on just appearances or plainly fail, can't even read between the lines or acknowledge the fact that Lelouch is (although you could sum his objectives and personality in a few lines) a complex, sometimes prideful character who is overly fond of circuitous plans, then I'm sorry but they're not exactly the best type of audience you would wish for.

I'm not asking them to be rocket scientists who can spot every allegory, hidden speech and meaning everywhere there is one (I believe they'd feel more at home with series like Evangelion), but they should have a broader mind when considering certain events, especially since Code Geass is a show full of surprises and speedy developments. And the Tianzi kidnapping scene with Lelouch laughing machiavellically certainly doesn't limit itself to Lelouch rejoicing on capturing the Empress. His reasons are more subtle than that - but people just won't look past that. But then I guess, experiencing emotions is one of the things we seek out when reading, so I will not rant any further. I'll just mourn the existence of a certain, lingering narrow-mindedness...

Fantastic job you've been doing so far, Cal. Keep it going!
Old 2008-06-22, 12:05   Link #86
Cal-Reflector

I would like to recommend a story by the Black Rose, "The Power of the Queen," hosted on fanfiction.net.

It's written from the POV of Marianne and focuses on Lelouch and Euphie as children. The dialogue and descriptive details are superb, and the characterization of the Royal Siblings as their younger selves are quite convincing. The author gives Marianne a great voice, and her interactions with Charles are a highlight of this story, which presently has 4 chapters and seems to be in good health (as in, it shouldn't stop updating). Go and take a look, guys.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3592701/...r_of_the_Queen
Old 2008-06-22, 20:00   Link #87
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
@Cal-Reflector: I loved your piece between Tianzi and Lelouch, simply well done. The ending scene of it was perfect as well, I almost wished this happened in cannon. I also have read Power of the Queen, pretty cool story, I do wonder if this is going to end with cannonical Euphemia's demise.

I have a question for those are fanfiction authors: What do you do to get inspiration flowing when writing CG story? For me I usually read a mix of fantasy and war novels I have in my library.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 21:45   Link #88
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
@Cal-Reflector: I loved your piece between Tianzi and Lelouch, simply well done. The ending scene of it was perfect as well, I almost wished this happened in cannon. I also have read Power of the Queen, pretty cool story, I do wonder if this is going to end with cannonical Euphemia's demise.

I have a question for those are fanfiction authors: What do you do to get inspiration flowing when writing CG story? For me I usually read a mix of fantasy and war novels I have in my library.
Thanks. Many people liked Lelouch's gentle side. I don't know what POQ's author plans. Probably will end with Euphemia's death, but I supposed I'd ask him/her to write an alternate ending, futile and rude a request though that may be.

Ideas for CG? I don't know. For Humor pieces I get my inspiration from an authoress called Rhianwen, Colbert Report, and stand up comedy.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:48   Link #89
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic

Quote:

I usually just listen to music while I'm writing and think "What would (character x) do in the current situation?" Comes pretty naturally after that except with characters that have very opposed personality types from my own.
LunaticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 00:07   Link #90
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Thanks. Many people liked Lelouch's gentle side. I don't know what POQ's author plans. Probably will end with Euphemia's death, but I supposed I'd ask him/her to write an alternate ending, futile and rude a request though that may be.

Ideas for CG? I don't know. For Humor pieces I get my inspiration from an authoress called Rhianwen, Colbert Report, and stand up comedy.
It would be rude, and I probably won't do it. As an author I know how hard it must be to plan out a story, and having someone tell you how to write the end would be galling.

Besides that Euphie's death, while tragic, did serve as a good plot point for the series progression. It also shows that death aren't always "heroic" or "noble" but can cause a large amount of emptiness, and despair, in the people who were close to the deceased.
Old 2008-06-23, 00:43   Link #91
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic

I don't know about that. Demanding an alternate ending would certainly be rude and very annoying to the author. But suggesting alternate endings or even suggesting plot points isn't that rude. I've found that listening to your reviewers can lead to great ideas for the plot of a fic.

Fanfiction has the unique advantage of getting opinions on your writing as you're writing it, which helps refine your storytelling ability.
LunaticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:00   Link #92
praeceps
King on a Boat

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4342569/1/Back_to_the_Drawing_Board

To quote the person who suggested it to me:
Quote:
Funny enough to be mentionned here I think. And I really wonder what we will see next chapter.
If there is a next chapter.
praeceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:28   Link #93
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticChaos View Post
I don't know about that. Demanding an alternate ending would certainly be rude and very annoying to the author. But suggesting alternate endings or even suggesting plot points isn't that rude. I've found that listening to your reviewers can lead to great ideas for the plot of a fic.

Fanfiction has the unique advantage of getting opinions on your writing as you're writing it, which helps refine your storytelling ability.
True but it seems like requesting without preamble would make it seem like there is something wrong with your first ending. That is the only reason I would consider it rude.
Old 2008-06-23, 16:46   Link #94
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by praeceps View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4342569/1/Back_to_the_Drawing_Board

To quote the person who suggested it to me:

If there is a next chapter.
I thought it was pretty funny. For a parody though, Kallen's personality traits (Zero-worship) wasn't quite parodied hard enough. C.C. was pretty good though. Good clean fun.
Old 2008-06-26, 07:56   Link #95
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4349566/1/Critical_Point

A SuzakuxKallen fanfiction
I know that a lot of people don't like this pairing, but it's a really good story and well written!!! Totally worth reading!!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 19:32   Link #96
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4349566/1/Critical_Point

A SuzakuxKallen fanfiction
I know that a lot of people don't like this pairing, but it's a really good story and well written!!! Totally worth reading!!!!
heh nice one heres mine.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4295805/...ry_Mercenaries

My first Code geass fic enjoy
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:43   Link #97
Cal-Reflector

Code Geass: Lelouch of Britannia
Chapter 12: Return of the King
Length: 4500 Words
Summary: In which Lelouch gets topped aggressively and escapes to live another day.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/...h_of_Brittania
Old 2008-07-04, 18:01   Link #98
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Code Geass: Lelouch of Britannia
Chapter 12: Return of the King
Length: 4500 Words
Summary: In which Lelouch gets topped aggressively and escapes to live another day.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/...h_of_Brittania
Good chapter.

Though the name of Chapter made me lol.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 20:19   Link #99
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Inspiration? I thought of many mech and character designs so that is not a problem. I always go with "what ifs" and an interesting mix is what would happen if I combined CG with a RTS, let's say command and conquer?

And out comes Code Geass Wrath.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 21:21   Link #100
KrimzonStriker

Latest revelation Cal, the capital of Britannia is called Pendragon. They sure love the Arthurian names don't you think?

Think the two new Princesses of Guinvere and Carline will be making an appearance alongside Odysseus sometime in your story? I'd also like word on if the Glaston Knights insertion we discussed a while back is still on the board.

Tags
character, discussion