AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-27, 15:14   Link #961
przemoc

I slightly processed this FSN UBW commercial, which you can download here:
Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works - The Movie - TV Commercial @ MF

I've uploaded this MP4 to YT, but it didn't handle my vid well. It was meant to be as close to the original as possible, i.e. I reused original audio and timecodes, only cropped and enhanced the image and muxed it all together.

EDIT:
I uploaded new version which plays practically at 1x speed, only audio is a bit out of sync, but it isn't a problem in this commercial. (MP4 and VFR handling in YT is just fucked up!)
Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works - The Movie - TV Commercial @ YT

Spoiler for FSN UBW TV commercial:

Last edited by przemoc; 2010-09-28 at 11:35. Reason: Providing new YT link.
przemoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 21:14   Link #962
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can't wait much longer!
Spoiler for RAWR:
Agreed. I'm going nuts here.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:04   Link #963
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
P.S. I agree the all type moon works should come in movie format. They deserve quality for what they are. I'm still waiting for Tsukihime movie (There is no Tsukihime anime!), but perhaps that should wait until they actually remake the game (In process).
You need a movie budget but TV series length for all type-moon adaptations. It can be done on TV if they have a big enough budget and a good studio covering it - like FMA: Brotherhood.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:45   Link #964
NightWingx

Isn't this supposed to come out in a few days?
Or October 12? i don't recall.
NightWingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:48   Link #965
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Were there any camera rips??I think not.
None have ever been posted on any sites that I've seen, and I frequent most of the FSN-centric sites, including ones with few if any rules (where such things would likely be posted if they popped up). So, if they do exist, they're very well-hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I think the lesson is all Type Moon works should be done in movie form.
Hell no.

You can perhaps just about get away with it with UBW, but HF (for instance) has too many subtleties and too much plot to shorten it into a 90-minute movie without fucking up Sakura's characterisation and making her look like a villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hardly, especially going by the reviews i've read of the film.
How else are they going to fit UBW (a route which takes around a day to play) into 90 minutes?
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 13:52   Link #966
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWingx View Post
Isn't this supposed to come out in a few days?
Or October 12? i don't recall.
Wasn't it a week and two days, last I heard? Or maybe by now it's a week, or even less... gah, I can't remember. Sorry. I just know it's coming out really, really soon. Finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Hell no.

You can perhaps just about get away with it with UBW, but HF (for instance) has too many subtleties and too much plot to shorten it into a 90-minute movie without fucking up Sakura's characterisation and making her look like a villain.
Or you could just go the other way and make a series of movies about it, possibly a trilogy or whatever to ensure Sakura gets proper development. Really, there's nothing that says a movie for HF wouldn't work, it just depends on how well the studio handles it.
Old 2010-09-28, 14:31   Link #967
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Wasn't it a week and two days, last I heard? Or maybe by now it's a week, or even less... gah, I can't remember. Sorry. I just know it's coming out really, really soon. Finally.
It's supposed to be out in two days, I believe.

Quote:
Or you could just go the other way and make a series of movies about it, possibly a trilogy or whatever to ensure Sakura gets proper development. Really, there's nothing that says a movie for HF wouldn't work, it just depends on how well the studio handles it.
Well, like I said, a movie couldn't work. Multiple movies probably could, but I doubt there would be sufficient demand for that, given that UBW is more popular (in Japan) and even that only got one (and a short one, at that).

If they're going to do HF, I would imagine it would be in the form of OVAs, which unfortunately probably means relatively low-budget.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:21   Link #968
NightWingx

Quote:
It's supposed to be out in two days, I believe.

Well, like I said, a movie couldn't work. Multiple movies probably could, but I doubt there would be sufficient demand for that, given that UBW is more popular (in Japan) and even that only got one (and a short one, at that).

If they're going to do HF, I would imagine it would be in the form of OVAs, which unfortunately probably means relatively low-budget.
GOD
I GOTTA FINISH READING UBW AND HF IN TWO DAYS
NONONONOOOoOoOoOo
Old 2010-09-28, 16:33   Link #969
Cherry_Lover

Not really.

HF is largely irrelevant here, since the movie will cover little if any of it, and the movie won't actually be subtitled for another several weeks. Plus, you have to obtain it first, and I would imagine that that would take a few days, at least (no matter what method you use to do so).
Old 2010-09-28, 16:34   Link #970
NightWingx

Quote:
Not really.

HF is largely irrelevant here, since the movie will cover little if any of it, and the movie won't actually be subtitled for another several weeks. Plus, you have to obtain it first, and I would imagine that that would take a few days, at least (no matter what method you use to do so).
i was hoping for online streaming.
Wait, they're not subbing it in 2 days?
So its just coming out on dvd which then allows subbing in 2 days?
I see. so we wont actually be viewing it for some time then.
I heard there was something about a new arc?
Old 2010-09-28, 19:35   Link #971
Cherry_Lover

Well, the fansubbers have to get it first, which will take a couple of days, and then they've got to get around to actually doing the subs. Honestly, "a couple of weeks" is extremely optimistic.

Not sure what you mean by a "new arc", either.
Old 2010-09-28, 20:47   Link #972
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

It really depends on the popularity of this anime. Raws will be up in no time I'm sure. Considering Fate/Stay Night's popularity, I wouldn't doubt that subs will be coming out within the next week.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 21:06   Link #973
GDB

Since we already know one of the groups doing it, and know that they often get the shows they do out within a day, and FSN isn't the most speech intensive movie around, I'd expect it within a week of release.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 21:17   Link #974
NightWingx

Quote:
Well, the fansubbers have to get it first, which will take a couple of days, and then they've got to get around to actually doing the subs. Honestly, "a couple of weeks" is extremely optimistic.

Not sure what you mean by a "new arc", either.
me neither.
they gonna make a heavens feel Movie too?
Old 2010-09-28, 21:22   Link #975
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

This Movie is so overhyped, I expect subs to emerge by sunday at the latest
Old 2010-09-28, 22:44   Link #976
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWingx View Post
me neither.
they gonna make a heavens feel Movie too?
So far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, please), there isn't a plan to make an HF movie. I remember reading awhile ago in the thread something about an OVA series, but was that just a rumor?
Old 2010-09-28, 23:59   Link #977
Cherry_Lover

Well, I remember hearing that the UBW movie has a section at the end where the characters talk about stuff, and one of the things that they mentioned was a HF adaptation. However, this is only rumour/hearsay, so....
Old 2010-09-29, 09:00   Link #978
NightWingx

Quote:
Well, I remember hearing that the UBW movie has a section at the end where the characters talk about stuff, and one of the things that they mentioned was a HF adaptation. However, this is only rumour/hearsay, so....
Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-29, 09:51   Link #979
przemoc

http://akiba.kakaku.com/hobby/1009/29/201500.php
http://twitpic.com/2t0zxk

From UTW's page:
Quote:
September 26th
I would like to ask anyone interested in helping us distro the Unlimited Blade Works movie to come join our recruits channel (#utw-recruits@irc.rizon.net) on IRC. The minimum requirement is an unmetered 100Mbit line. Perks include… well, getting to see the movie before everyone else? ヽ(´ー`)ノ

September 22nd
We will be subbing the Unlimited Blade Works movie, and it will be a solo project. We had plans to do it before it was even in the theaters in Japan, and all the logistics for the project have been finalized. Basically, we’re ready for it.

Last edited by przemoc; 2010-09-29 at 10:12. Reason: Added second interesting quote for people unaware of UTW.
przemoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 10:03   Link #980
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
This Movie is so overhyped, I expect subs to emerge by sunday at the latest
1-2 days for raw + week for subbing is what I think

So I guess next weekend is a must for it to come out.

Though I want it to come out this weekend...
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote