AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-12, 21:27   Link #781
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I've seen several image like this one

Does it comes from the novel? Or it's character image? I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me where I could get the rest .
Old 2011-10-12, 21:38   Link #782
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

btw is this series, half or full season?
Old 2011-10-12, 21:42   Link #783
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
btw is this series, half or full season?
Two cour. So, two seasons. Though your wording makes me think that's equivalent to what you think of as a "full season".
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 21:57   Link #784
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, MAL rates Horizon as #5147, with an average rating of 6.7.
These guys don't know how to do their research.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:07   Link #785
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Two cour. So, two seasons. Though your wording makes me think that's equivalent to what you think of as a "full season".
Until there are written confirmation. I very strongly against consider this 2 cour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I've seen several image like this one

Does it comes from the novel? Or it's character image? I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me where I could get the rest .
Pretty sure it's fanart.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:28   Link #786
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The MAL user base has utterly horrendous taste (and not to mention the average user comes across as either or troll or just a genuinely mean-spirited person) IMO and their snap judgment reflex is on a superhuman level to the point where they all could probably play goal really well. Also as far as I can tell everything is either shit or the greatest thing ever to them right off the bat or even before it airs. Just a ridiculous forum all around, nothing to be gained by reading it. Just use the list feature to keep track of your shows cause that's all the site is good for.

I'm pretty sure this is a rare instance where I could prove all of the above objectively and that kind of scares me to be honest. Like at times that forum makes 4Chan look reasonable, it's just that awful.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:28   Link #787
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Until there are written confirmation. I very strongly against consider this 2 cour.

Isn't it a split cour? Meaning 13 episodes now, 13 episodes 1-2 seasons later?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:28   Link #788
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Hmm I haven't been keeping up really since i just watched first two episodes but I was under the impression it was going to be a split two cour series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm pretty sure this is a rare instance where I could prove all of the above objectively and that kind of scares me to be honest. Like at times that forum makes 4Chan look reasonable, it's just that awful.
Hey, 4Chan can be good as long as you know to filter out obvious troll topics or trolls in general. Of course, there is a reason I do most of my actual airing anime discussion here instead of there.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:48   Link #789
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm going to 4chan for the news, and for the lulz.

At least half of 4chan views about this show isn't as bad as I thought. Not on IS level.
Old 2011-10-12, 22:54   Link #790
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Isn't it a split cour? Meaning 13 episodes now, 13 episodes 1-2 seasons later?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Hmm I haven't been keeping up really since i just watched first two episodes but I was under the impression it was going to be a split two cour series.
It was strongly hinted, never confirmed.

I cannot find an official source to confirm the original reporting of this being a split cour series, which is why I keep thinking season 1 is just Sunrise testing waters to see how well the sales will be.

Novel readers are worried for season 2 (if there is one) because Book II's length is in an awkward spot such that 13 episodes will be way too short to fit all the plot, but there aren't enough material to push for 26 episodes. Who knows, the series might up a smash hit by the end of the season and Sunrise decide to make a year long run for Book II and III (yeah chance of this happening is pretty much next to 0).

IF they do do season 2, I'm sure they can make it work somehow. Manabu Ono x Tatsuhiko Urahata combo has shown to be extremely reliable for its previous history in adapting source materials.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 23:45   Link #791
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama
I find most if not all review sites and blogs to be just as bad sadly, hence why I now use myself as the primary source of making a judgement call on whether to watch a series and how to describe it to others. After all who better to know my own tastes and interests than myself....someone who also happens to be VERY different in that regard compared to the majority of anime fandom and thus a person whom most reviews can't help or be used as gauge for.
well, at least Horizon (and Toori) got positive review on Random Curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
On the episode itself, episode 2 was slow. Masazumi is the only character who has received any remotely human characterization/development? But we're still hanging around on the same day as the previous episode with the main char fooling around after he made the announcement of his confession. Felt like nothing happened.
slow? weird, even Allen that already read the novel said this ep was fast paced.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 00:07   Link #792
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
well, at least Horizon (and Toori) got positive review on Random Curiosity
Divine always seems to find a silver lining even in things he doesn't immediately like so that doesn't surprise me. He's not really one to take adverse pleasure in putting down shows like a lot of anime bloggers seem to either. He also strikes me as a rarity in a blogger in that he's patient enough to let a show develop, to actually point out individual aspects of an episode he likes, and to not abuse the crap out of hyperbole or be overly biased and prejudiced to the point where he doesn't even make sense anymore (as opposed to biased like any normal person but still being worth reading for his articles being well thought out and written).

Needless to say that's one of the reasons RC is like the only blog I bother reading anymore besides the ones I still have author status on. It's just actually a useful resource in an anime blog for a change instead of one that causes me to get a headache from reading it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 01:25   Link #793
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Aaron008r compared this story, premise, wanton use of scifi, flood of characters and the warped hero to something that could've come from my warped mind.

Does this mean its good?

But I must admit I could never have come up with Ariadust...
Old 2011-10-13, 01:47   Link #794
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm going to 4chan for the news, and for the lulz.

At least half of 4chan views about this show isn't as bad as I thought. Not on IS level.
and they are also complaining about why baka-tsuki is not translating it, jeez.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 02:16   Link #795
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

We need teh_ping on the case, pronto!

*hears a groan somewhere*
Old 2011-10-13, 02:46   Link #796
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
and they are also complaining about why baka-tsuki is not translating it, jeez.
Let me guess, they also pointed out how Index gets a whole volume translated within a week again didn't they =_=
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 03:31   Link #797
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Let me guess, they also pointed out how Index gets a whole volume translated within a week again didn't they =_=
Only trolls do that or idiots or just new to /a/. The rest understand why Index translations are good and why other novels rarely get translations.

Anyway I realized I didn't post my thoughts on the first two episodes before. I wasn't really thinking much of it before watching and they at least told me to keep it on watch list for now. I enjoyed the Aoi sibling antics quite a bit in episode 2.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 05:05   Link #798
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Divine always seems to find a silver lining even in things he doesn't immediately like so that doesn't surprise me. He's not really one to take adverse pleasure in putting down shows like a lot of anime bloggers seem to either. He also strikes me as a rarity in a blogger in that he's patient enough to let a show develop, to actually point out individual aspects of an episode he likes, and to not abuse the crap out of hyperbole or be overly biased and prejudiced to the point where he doesn't even make sense anymore (as opposed to biased like any normal person but still being worth reading for his articles being well thought out and written).

Needless to say that's one of the reasons RC is like the only blog I bother reading anymore besides the ones I still have author status on. It's just actually a useful resource in an anime blog for a change instead of one that causes me to get a headache from reading it.
Definitely agree with you on RC. I've been reading them for years now especially after it got transferred to DIVINE. It's a great blog.

My comment regarding Episode 2 on their blog:
Quote:
Second episode in and I have to admit, I am starting to enjoy this more. It’s a “thinking anime,” something close to watching Lain or Evangelion. Looking into what little background information there is on the story, it is pretty clear how complex the story will get later on. Plus, I’m a sucker for history. History is and always will be my favorite subject.

On top of which, the characters though as random (and weird) as they are, really bring the show forward. Toori is a crazy fuck– simply put. I’ll have to agree with Takaii on him being a favorite character of the year just because of his personality.

Definitely looking forward for the third episode now, and really glad to hear it’s going have a second cour. With Sunrise behind this, I’m sure they will give this story a proper and well worth it adaptation. You just have to be patient and watch it through (regardless of the obvious fanservice). If one hasn’t noticed yet, there seems to be subtle hints in each of the two episodes so far that something grand is happening in the background.
It's starting to get interesting. It's just slow going when you have to think about how much is being adapted into two cour amounts of episodes. (Takaii seems to have confirmed it is indeed two cour, the other being in the Spring I believe.)

At first I was going to dismiss this into my "do not watch" list, but has moved up now to my watch list for this season. I'm going to stick with it and see where it leads to. Also, I'd like to see what Toori does to some poor hapless female. Crazy, crazy man.

Edit: It would be nice to see some group crazy enough to try to translate the light novel. Lol. I've read enough books in my life that would be the equivalent of what's been published so far for Horizon, so it won't be anything new to me in terms of length.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 07:22   Link #799
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

To say the truth, the show is nowhere near half bad as the net has been complaining, or at least as long as you do not try to figure everything out. My understand on the story so far is: flying ship, weird class, some fishy politics...

My only problem is, they should not try to introduce those characters/concepts into the dialogue, as it does not sounds nature at all. Should just have a full minute at the start of each episode doing that, then let the class briefly mention only

Nothing standout yet, but i should honorably mention the chibi shrine Gods (that looks like from Miyabi's design), the daigo-like slime, the yuri angel pair, the robot. Ah yeah, we have Miyuki Sawashiro, one of my most favourite seiyuu as well. If anyone has already read the novel; has her character completely transgendered yet, or just removed her chest? Would she enter a romance relationship, and with a boy or a girl? (remember to use the spoiler tag through or send me an PM)
Old 2011-10-13, 08:51   Link #800
PirosThe3rd

Looks like Toori's class (3- Plum ?) is really is a special class because the class next door is only a boring normal ordinary class with normal ordinary human =_=
I really wish the entire school has more variation than just a human. . . .

Last edited by PirosThe3rd; 2011-10-13 at 09:03.
PirosThe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise