AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-06, 01:51   Link #1301
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Because it's a fiction. When the writers give a peculiar quirk to a character, I expect that it will be explored, unless it's intended as pure comedy.
I don't think his enjoyment of sentai shows is a quirk. It's just another hobby like Sawa liking horses and archery etc which isn't explained.
It's his taking everything to another level, which leaked into his love for sentai shows, and believing ridiculous things, which are his quirks. Now that's not explained, but let's just say he was dropped as a baby.
Sadly, the only times he's "normal" is when the plot demands it, really.

Actually, how I view Wien liking sentai shows is probably how outsiders view people liking anime. Awkward? Weird? Different?

Anyway, the whole Wakana-Naoko scene was brilliant. The whole "I don't really know how to act in front of my best friend's daughter/I'm gonna get all defensive because she's probably angry at me" level of awkwardness was just so heartwrenching.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:07   Link #1302
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A fan-made collection of transformed scenes from Tari Tari, from NicoNico via YouTube:

"Hagero" means "bald."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:31   Link #1303
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
A fan-made collection of transformed scenes from Tari Tari, from NicoNico via YouTube:

"Hagero" means "bald."
I lold. The most random was when Konatsu and Sawa started dancing to the Jinrui OP (emo.ripe ewwwww) in front of Sawa's parents.

The most LOL was when there snippets were compiled to try and imply a Sawa x Konatsu shipping with a non-vocal version of the True Tears OP playing the background. From this, I assume the creator is a butthurt yuri shipper that is not happy that he/she is being deprived .

Some terrible editing involved but it was mostly so bad its good so I'll let it pass.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:28   Link #1304
Nico87

Pictures of the box that comes with Tari Tari vol. 2 BD for those who cares -

Nico87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:33   Link #1305
Kazu-kun

Slow episode, also the drama picked up at the end. Wakana was great at the end btw. This girl's getting better and better with every episode.

Also Taichi was watching Sawa practicing some dance moves and he got all flustered and blushy.
Old 2012-09-09, 09:43   Link #1306
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

"Hagero" means "bald."
That was hilarious and pretty well done. The dog food bits were the best.
Old 2012-09-09, 17:32   Link #1307
Pen3

I just noticed that Ueno-san has been friendly with Konatsu's group since episode 1. She will probably end up helping them since Sakai can't sing otherwise and we can't have that.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:08   Link #1308
Kazu-kun

Wow, Wakana was channeling her mom or something at the end. Her smile was so freaking big.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:09   Link #1309
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not even letting them have the festival? Harsh.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:20   Link #1310
Kazu-kun

"The festival got canceled? I don't give a f@ck. I'm gonna sing my mom's song and let them try to stop me."

Old 2012-09-09, 18:22   Link #1311
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:

"Hagero" means "bald."
Lolol, fans added the crossdressing for them.

Also, TT OP instrumental is <3

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:31   Link #1312
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ 11 - Diva with the blessed dragon

I wouldn't mind a spinoff of the first few minutes of this episode. The idea of a fantasy adventure sounds like something out of a visual novel, but I'd totally be invested in it. Even more if Wien's input can upgrade his role from "frog" to "Justice Hero". Or, should he bring in FS-0O, both. The first few minutes of this episode were infectiously happy. Wien's props were on the level of the FMCS Premium offered for Fourze. They may be plastic or some variant of plastic, but they look damned good. Wien, PLEX needs your skills!

Taichi's art may be Chinatsu-level, but he's got enough dignity (or lack of balance) to not accept the fee of a sneaking picture of Sawa in exchange for cheating. He may even get beyond Chinatsu level. Up to Roman Saotome level, at the very least. The second half of the episode was... soul-crushing, for lack of a better word. I was hoping that the students would gather around and do a "let's put on a show!" act again to save their school, and they just might, but the idea that no one's fighting against the tide is a little saddening.

Except for Wakana. Once Miss Gloomy, seeing her so happy at the end, infused with the spirit of GanbaPink that she inherited last week, shows how much she's come to love performing on some level. With Wakana and Konatsu's passion combined, nothing can stop them! I'm hoping nothing can stop them. Because that kind of "nothing's-going-to-stop-me" go-getter attitude is what endeared me to this series in the first place.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:16   Link #1313
Akarin

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah wrong angle! Tanaka temeeee! He was so lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for :
Overly attached girlfriend?
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:28   Link #1314
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

No! I demand an '80s after-school special resolution to this problem!

*grabs his skateboard*
Come on, everyone! We may be a mismatched group of friendless nerds and misunderstood delinquents with nothing in common, but if we don't raise $10,000 in our talent show on Saturday, mean old Mr. Swindle is going to tear down our Rec Center and build a money mine!
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:30   Link #1315
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Overly attached girlfriend?
Wakana is too pure for that.
Old 2012-09-09, 22:14   Link #1316
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

man, what's up with PA works and doing realistic bitter sweet endings.. haha. i guess its why i love them. their flavor is different from almost everyone else's. it'll be great to hear the culmination of the whole series next week.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:27   Link #1317
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Let the record show Taichi was blushing before Sawa did the unwitting pantsu reveal...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:29   Link #1318
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Sawa's dance and backflip(especially the backflip) were epic moments. Taichi was so lucky to be there at the right moment.

Gotta give credit to Wakana though, she is gonna make sure she sings her mom's song and nothing is gonna stop her.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:06   Link #1319
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I guess you could say that for Taichi, the view was perfect. I must've missed the memo, but will there be 12 or 13 episodes?
Old 2012-09-09, 23:08   Link #1320
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I guess you could say that for Taichi, the view was perfect. I must've missed the memo, but will there be 12 or 13 episodes?
13 Episodes (and they will all air on TV).

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works