AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 15:48   Link #241
Oblivion

I been looking for a copy of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri: Kakera Asobi and came across this, http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=H....c0.m270.l1313. One copy is about twice as much as the other one. Can someone point out the differences between both to me? It doesn't say much in the description. And what does "append version" mean?
Old 2011-10-31, 18:58   Link #242
Kantoku
見ぬが花

The append version has more bonus features, I think. But I'm not sure why it would be half the cost of the original; if anything, it should be more expensive than the original. Unless the seller has never actually played the game and has that mindset where the original is more valuable than the updated version, just like how black-label Final Fantasy games value for much more than green-labeled ones, even though they have absolutely no difference between the two.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:54   Link #243
Oblivion

Hmm well that does make sense. Based on what you said, I guess this would be a great deal to take. Though I'm kind wondering why the price is so low compared to the others. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it.

Edit: Found out why there are differences in price now. Apparently the Append version is a sort of bugfix to the original game along with some extra content on the disc. And it also won't run unless I buy the original version too. :S

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/g...d=m-1-41096875

Last edited by Oblivion; 2011-10-31 at 20:46. Reason: found out
Old 2012-10-18, 12:21   Link #244
DoubtGin

are there any translations of this game?

I want to play the original game but since I don't speak Japanese, I would like to read a translated script while playing.

thanks in advance
Old 2012-10-18, 23:40   Link #245
battle22

Quote:

I want to play the original game but since I don't speak Japanese, I would like to read a translated script while playing.

thanks in advance
There are no translations, But reading the translated script and the game with emulator at the same time works, I did it, If you decide to read this way tell me and I'll give you the choice guide so you will get into the arcs that you want
Old 2012-10-19, 08:07   Link #246
DoubtGin

Yeah, that's what I would like to do, then. Would be very nice of you to give me a link to that "choice guide".

Thanks in advance.
Old 2012-10-21, 17:51   Link #247
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtGin View Post

thanks in advance
The PS2 game hasn't been translated, but the original PC which the anime is based on is.

You can officially buy it here:

Higurashi When They Cry - MangaGamer
Higurashi When They Cry Kai - MangaGamer

Higurashi When They Cry - Desura
Old 2012-11-24, 12:36   Link #248
TheGuraGuraMan

Made this :

for the scenario chart. It's full at 99,3%, so it could may help some people.
Old 2013-01-23, 22:29   Link #249
Massy90

Why do many people state that compared to Matsuribayashi arc, Miotsukushi arc from the PS2 game has a much better moral in the end??
I already know the PS2 version is sadder than the original and why it is. But I would really like so much to know what the moral in the ending of Miotsukushi exactly is!!
Does anyone know about it? Can anyone tell me?
Old 2013-01-24, 12:08   Link #250
TheGuraGuraMan

I think a lot of people prefer Miotsukushi because rules X and Z are present in it.
Old 2013-01-24, 12:17   Link #251
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

But past that it is a terribly cramed job as well, along with a shoehorned "dramatic" end (and even more cheesy part than Matsuribayashi, such like Keiichi pulling a Yamato Kira out of the blue). I can't really say Miotsukushi is any more worthwhile than Matsuribayashi.
Old 2013-01-24, 13:00   Link #252
battle22

Klash, You don't like Matsuribayashi?
If so, then I also dislike it because of the cheesines. I hoped Miotsukushi would have been a better story endgame but now I'm not so sure.
Old 2013-01-24, 14:23   Link #253
Massy90

I see... but what does the end of Miotsukushi say on a moral level?
Does it perhaps say that in order to achieve happiness, some sacrifices and great efforts are needed and inevitable?
Or that fate cannot be changed because in the end there is still suffering, maybe?
I don't know, just guessing... I am curious to know why they say that the moral is much better.

Because other than that, not even I am so sure Miotsukushi is really better than the other one... for example, on Higurashi wiki I saw that in Miotsukushi:
Spoiler:

...wich I didn't like very much, to be honest. I found more down-to-earth to let Satoshi be as it is, in Matsuribayashi.

Rather, I didn't find the end of Matsuribayashi to be so bad, all in all. So I'm curious to know what makes the tragic end of Miotsukushi even better...
Old 2013-01-25, 01:34   Link #254
TheGuraGuraMan

He doesn't appear in Miotsukushi, this image is from the epilogue, it's more like à speculation about later, or simply fan service.
Old 2013-02-02, 11:40   Link #255
The Creator
Golden Emperor

I don't get the chart at all.

The branches that branch and then fuse back (like the 4 option one at the beginning) confuse me a lot =x.
Old 2013-02-02, 13:00   Link #256
TheGuraGuraMan

It's not that hard. The biggest one is Kei's, it have a lot of choice, and either lead to Onikakushi, Watanagashi, Tatarigoroshi, Tsumihoroboshi or the two first extra arcs, Taraimawashi and Tsukiotoshi.
The second branch is Akasaka's, for Himatsubushi. The third is Shion's, for Meakashi, the fourth is Rika's for Minagoroshi, and finally the last one is the duo Rika/Kei's for Miotsukushi.

If you want more information about Kei's branch, you can cut it in 3 parts :
- The first one, between the two yellow buttons, consist of a part of Onikakushi (start to the card chap, before the festival) and the two first chapters of Watanagashi. Of course, there are some extra scenes, you won't always have the original. After that, you can choose your "heroine" : The first path is Rena's, consisting of two new chapters, the festival one of Onikakushi, and the first one of Tsumi. The second path is Satoko's, it's mostly half of Tatarigoroshi. The third is Mion's, with a big part of Watanagashi. Then, depending on your choice, it leads you to an arc.

Understand ?
First part : Half of Onikakushi + 2 first chap of Wata
Second : Heroines path
Third : The arcs.
Old 2013-02-04, 10:59   Link #257
The Creator
Golden Emperor

I don't remember all the choices, so i have a hard time guessing which is which and to which one it leads :S
Old 2013-02-04, 11:42   Link #258
TheGuraGuraMan

So I guess you're playing it right now don't you ?
Old 2013-02-07, 14:35   Link #259
TheGuraGuraMan

Well, I guess this thread is more appropriated for my project o_O

Here is a new video, with shows quite a lot of new things :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxRlkx4gsTw
Old 2013-03-15, 23:35   Link #260
BanditKing

Looking at TheGuraGuraMan's chart its look like you miss a choice in Meakashi-hen at the end if you didn't get it yet.

So did Ryukishi07 himself wrote Miotsukushi-hen or the people at Alchemist? I felt i made a bad choice and read Miotsukushi first and now going to Matsuribayashi felt really really stupid overall(Most of problem disappear,hanyu appear and go to school with the others, Akasaka appear and now everything is fine,etc etc). Miotsukushi could had been a perfect end to the series if they fix the bit at the end. Damn the keiichi's redemption and becoming rika's ally scene is really rememberable(I can see why it was popular on niconico at one point now) and several other one as well.
Closed Thread