AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-20, 13:24   Link #41
R.LocK
My turn

It came at an extremely good timing.

YP just stated that they'll be running their own brand-new print, taking lots of LNs under their wing. And they totally need a new long runner to take place of S&W which's going to end pretty soon. Besides, many people bothered to ask YP for the release of Index.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 13:27   Link #42
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah, Index has been one of their more popular requests. It's being underestimated how well it can do here.

The Yen-On imprint helps a lot. All in the marketing.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 13:39   Link #43
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm super happy about this and will definitely buy every volume lol. I want to support the releases as much as possible. I'm really happy they had the guts to do this, and the long-term project should rake in a lot of money especially if they do it well.

I'm also sure people will use this forum to discuss changes made in terms/character names/ etc... etc... etc... because I'm sure some of those will be changed, and maybe they'll translate things like Chou like funimation did to Ultra instead of super and etc...

Anyway, people do know Js06 is continuing to translate and the LN's will be available somewhere else, so it's a win-win for everyone, people should really stop complaining for no reason.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 14:08   Link #44
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm super happy about this and will definitely buy every volume lol. I want to support the releases as much as possible. I'm really happy they had the guts to do this, and the long-term project should rake in a lot of money especially if they do it well.

I'm also sure people will use this forum to discuss changes made in terms/character names/ etc... etc... etc... because I'm sure some of those will be changed, and maybe they'll translate things like Chou like funimation did to Ultra instead of super and etc...

Anyway, people do know Js06 is continuing to translate and the LN's will be available somewhere else, so it's a win-win for everyone, people should really stop complaining for no reason.
I hope you are right about last one

However, I also wanna support Index

Definitely gonna buy the whole Volumes
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 14:26   Link #45
Burden

I'm definitely going to purchase them but if it takes forever... I'm going to very irate. It's more important to me to be caught up on the series than have physical copies of the older volumes.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 14:34   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yeah, Index has been one of their more popular requests. It's being underestimated how well it can do here.

The Yen-On imprint helps a lot. All in the marketing.
Honestly that is the second thing I'll be eating crow over.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 14:42   Link #47
Miraluka
Banned

Who wouldn't want to buy it anyway?
But I wonder how expensive will be the ship costs...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 15:06   Link #48
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Who wouldn't want to buy it anyway?
But I wonder how expensive will be the ship costs...
people who hate the index series or can't stand kamijou and index character?

still, plenty well just read it for accelerator or mikoto(mikoto fans well be psst later in the story for reasons we already know) so i think it might do a decent job here.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 15:12   Link #49
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

you always find a way to bring of the discussion about his popularity don't you?
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 15:36   Link #50
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

I think the most hilarious thing will be seeing how all the mikoto fans will react once the later arcs are published.
Old 2014-04-20, 16:00   Link #51
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
It came at an extremely good timing.

YP just stated that they'll be running their own brand-new print, taking lots of LNs under their wing. And they totally need a new long runner to take place of S&W which's going to end pretty soon. Besides, many people bothered to ask YP for the release of Index.
Yeah, and this probably isn't going to be last big licensing announcement we'll be seeing from Yen Press this year either. This is HUEG, because this is the arguably the first time an American Publisher put serious resources towards bringing LN's over. (Up til now they've mostly been a side show)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 16:06   Link #52
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
you always find a way to bring of the discussion about his popularity don't you?
don't mean to intentionally. just meant to answer her question.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 16:45   Link #53
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I will buy them in bulk... import 1 at a time to my country would probably cost me a lot

Last edited by Phibrizzo; 2014-04-21 at 10:55.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 17:08   Link #54
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I'd say it's taking Haruhi's place, since the most current novel for that just came out (well, in November) and as such, is caught up with Japan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 17:33   Link #55
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I hope you are right about last one

However, I also wanna support Index

Definitely gonna buy the whole Volumes
He already confirmed he's continuing to translate all the volumes since he doesn't want to have to wait somewhere else. So they'll all be available. This is definitely guaranteed.

And yes, I am going to buy every English volume. I'm happy they took this trial on.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 18:02   Link #56
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd say it's taking Haruhi's place, since the most current novel for that just came out (well, in November) and as such, is caught up with Japan.
Actually, I'd argue that SAO and Accel World took Haruhi and Kieli's places, while Index and the other LN title Yen Press announced are an entirely new investment.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 18:34   Link #57
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
I will buy them in bulk... impport 1 at a time to my country would probably cost me a lot.
I'll try 5 or 7 as my lucky number.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 21:59   Link #58
BW95
Banned

So can anyone tell me how well this has to sell to keep it going? Specific numbers?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 22:11   Link #59
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
I don't read Index but I'm pretty curious on how they'll go for releasing a series this long in West. I mean, since Yen doesn't seem to have a reason to catch up quickly (lol when will that be?) they may go for standard releases. If sales and demand are high enough, maybe they might end up bundling the books into 2-in-1 editions for each release? Btw did YP state exactly how many books of this series they plan to release each year yet?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 22:17   Link #60
GDB

All they've said is that, as of now, they plan to do 4 month intervals, which would be 3 per year.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote