AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-30, 22:19   Link #3061
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Besides, not everyone has to be a killer, or go crazy crazy, to be interesting. Like Accelerator, as a villain he wasn't all that interesting. It was after his defeat that he became who he is that fans adore.
I still remember the hatred towards Accelerator since vol.3 not because of the poor clones but because of Mikoto . Same with some forums hating Frenda (it seems they didn't know she had to part ways ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91
^Wasn't really commenting on the 'killer' thing. I think it's obvious that won't do anything like that. Just pointing out that Mikoto doesn't necessarily represent 'justice'.
Oh that, well, if there is a character that is labeled as 'justice' that is Touma.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:28   Link #3062
Destined_Fate

Mikoto just does what she feels is the right thing to do and doesn't kill. Sometimes she's wrong but she always makes amends and punishes those that screw with her and try to twist her to doing something wrong.

Yeah, looking back it was funny how much Accelerator was hated because of how his actions were effecting Mikoto. Than he meets Last Order and his world changes to the point that fans throw their past hatred for him under the bridge and embrace his heel face turn since he suddenly became interesting and did regret what he did willingly.

Though I don't see why Mikoto shoulders so much blame for the Level 6 Project. She thought she was helping people, and was just a little kid when approached, and was tricked. When she learned the truth she tried her hardest to end the project, even willing to die if it meant her sisters were to be spared. While Accelerator willingly participated in the project and didn't regret it until he was defeated and had time to reflect over his actions and softening up to Last Order.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:33   Link #3063
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Though I don't see why Mikoto shoulders so much blame for the Level 6 Project. She thought she was helping people, and was just a little kid when approached, and was tricked. When she learned the truth she tried her hardest to end the project, even willing to die if it meant her sisters were to be spared. While Accelerator willingly participated in the project and didn't regret it until he was defeated and had time to reflect over his actions and softening up to Last Order.
Well she's really hard on herself (And after that traumatic of a situation can you blame her?) and as far as Accelerator knows she gave up her DNA willingly for the experiment, he doesn't know she was tricked.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:35   Link #3064
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, looking back it was funny how much Accelerator was hated because of how his actions were effecting Mikoto. Than he meets Last Order and his world changes to the point that fans throw their past hatred for him under the bridge and embrace his heel face turn since he suddenly became interesting and did regret what he did willingly.

Still when we where at vol.12-13 there were people who enjoyed his pain a lot as if were some kind of payback.

Quote:
She is too naive for that dark world that Academy City is, maybe thats why Kamachi will never involve her with the dark side of the series maybe except for Sisters Project, and still then she only knew the "surface" of the project.

Accelerator was already broken and tired beforehand, so joining the clones mass killing was a too good to reject offer in exchange of fake peace, there are hints that LO got from the Misaka Network to analyse Accelerator's chats with the clones before any battle.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:41   Link #3065
Destined_Fate

Eh, Accelerator deserved to suffer a bit for going along with the project at the time. I can see why some would be relishing in his torment as payment before letting him move on beyond his checkered past.

Well of course she was naive, she was ridiculously young when the scientist/doctors told her that they needed her DNA and power to help people. She didn't understand at that time that there were horrible people in the world that would use her abilities for their own benefit or "SCIENCE!". I'm surprised they were able to get that much out of her without first going to her parents to get permission to ask such a thing from a child.

Acccelerator tried to scare them off but when they didn't run he didn't say he didn't want to fight, he just killed them. Some of them in extremely painful ways though he did do that blood thing where he told the clone the death would be "Painless" and did say he didn't understand why they were so willing to throw their lives away.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:43   Link #3066
Acer
Death to the infidels!

She is too naive for that dark world that Academy City is, maybe thats why Kamachi will never involve her with the dark side of the series maybe except for Sisters Project, and still then she only knew the "surface" of the project.

This makes me think about the future of Railgun, considering that the author will create stories isolated from Index.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:21   Link #3067
Sakanaka Shouko

Maybe we can see some amazing plot twist, Acer. ^_^
Old 2012-07-01, 01:25   Link #3068
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I'm surprised they were able to get that much out of her without first going to her parents to get permission to ask such a thing from a child.
Two possibilities about that:

1. Since Mikoto was already in Academy City, most likely they already got "permission" as part of her being admitted there.

2. They actually did ask before going to Mikoto.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:29   Link #3069
Destined_Fate

Well they didn't show them asking, they just approached her and asked her in person while saying it was to help others. As a kid I'm sure she was easily swayed to agreeing without asking any questions since it was supposed to help others. Sadly that wasn't the case but Mikoto shouldn't have had to suffer any fault, or blame, for the project since she was tricked when she was a child and did try to set matters right when she learned the truth.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:30   Link #3070
Sakanaka Shouko

She is not to blame. After all, she was just a kid.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:37   Link #3071
Destined_Fate

Accelerator would say differently, would he not?
Old 2012-07-01, 01:42   Link #3072
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I don't accept the accusation at all that Mikoto is partly to blame for the Level 6 Shift Project. She was an ignorant child who was misled by very evil people with a very pathological agenda, and Accelerator, while he may not have cared ultimately about the experiment, desired to be Level 6 and therefore went along with it.

There are two parties who are to blame for the deaths of the clones: Accelerator and those scientists that were involved (possibly the Kiharas, but I'm not certain of that). Only one of those two have so far taken responsibility.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:58   Link #3073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If Mikoto can't be faulted for being tricked as a child, then Accelerator can't be faulted because he was a child as well and had been tricked/brainwashed Into believing it was alright to kill clones.

You can't have it both ways.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:02   Link #3074
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If Mikoto can't be faulted for being tricked as a child, then Accelerator can't be faulted because he was a child as well and had been tricked/brainwashed Into believing it was alright to kill clones.

You can't have it both ways.
In my opinion, the only ones to blame are the scientists who took advantage of two children for their own "amusement"
Old 2012-07-01, 02:12   Link #3075
tsunade666

-_- the discussion about the sisters death and probably tricking of little Mikoto makes me think of this..... you do know that the whole level 6 project is a cover up plan by the director right and it all planned to end that way by any means and Mikoto has no saying in the matter with her being used as a primary source for the DNA which would be used on that project because from the beginning she has the potential to become level 5 and they just use the one who has the highest chance of attaining level 5 and also has the ability which is really needed for the plan. All are just pawns in the grander scheme.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:19   Link #3076
Destined_Fate

Accelerator at some point did figure out that killing them was messed up, that's why he started taunting them and trying to force them to give up instead of throwing their lives away. However he ultimately did decide to not back out either and killed them anyway but it shows that he knew that it wasn't right but the prospect of being level 6 meant that he was willing to kill as many clones as needed as well as anyone that learned too much that wasn't a part of the project.

So he does have some fault in the project since he knew what was going on but still chose to participate. While Mikoto was ignorant about the truth until years later and she tried to make amends by taking responsibility with her own hands even if it meant she had to die.

Obviously Accelerator doesn't deserve anywhere near the blame as the ones that manipulated the kids into the creation and continuation of the project though unlike Mikoto he wasn't ignorant to the truth which is why he was so regreatful after bonding with Last Order and his defeat since he had the power to help the Sisters the entire time but chose not to compared to Mikoto who did chose to act to save the Sisters as soon as she learned the truth.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:36   Link #3077
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Accelerator talk to them but it's a reflective subconscious act, you are trying to change the way things happen.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:51   Link #3078
FallenHero

Read this guys. I think this will give a better understanding to why Accelerator kept killing clones even when he knew it was morally reprehensible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
Old 2012-07-01, 02:55   Link #3079
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero View Post
Read this guys. I think this will give a better understanding to why Accelerator kept killing clones even when he knew it was morally reprehensible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
I personally wouldn't suggest that as credible. Accelerator has never been one to answer to an authority figure when he's been able to avoid it. The only such time I've ever seen him be obedient is during his work with GROUP.
Old 2012-07-01, 03:06   Link #3080
tsunade666

Your biased view eludes you form the truth. Mikoto was foolish to go against the dark side of the academy while Accelerator full knew what it means to go against them. His pretty twisted already by the time the level 6 plan was introduce on him which is like a light among darkness or hope on despair for him that he won't need to hurt anyone or kill anyone anymore. If he become a level 6 then he will be untouchable and no one will be foolish enough to go against him. And he also full knew when he saw that clone presented on him which lacks of emotions that he is going to kill someone again but the scientist just push the button and said that they are just dolls so its alright to kill them.

Accelerator is indeed a sinner and everyone knew that but your just too biased on it. And Accelerator also knew of his sin and trying to amends it and we all knew of that already and I don't know how this conversation starts because it gives me headache so I didn't bother reading it all but he is a sinner and everyone knew. He is trying to repent and change and everyone knew of it. And for the blame. Blame the scientist and the director for it.

Tags
fantasy, shounen