AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-18, 18:01   Link #101
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
EDIT: Huh. So according to a blurb I just saw on YouTube, Engage x Kiss is going to be 26 episodes.

That being said, I’m not sure how reliable this is. It said the source was a “reliable weibo user.” The memory loss reveal also seems pretty early for a 26 episode series. I’m taking this with a cup of salt…

Last edited by LKK; 2022-07-19 at 09:34. Reason: removed tangent discussion
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-18, 21:02   Link #102
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

MAL is typically accurate and has it at 13 episodes, though its theoretically possible there's a season 2 planned. Doubtful until (unless) the mobile game establishes itself though.

Last edited by LKK; 2022-07-19 at 09:46. Reason: removed tangent discussion
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-18, 21:17   Link #103
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Like I said I’m doubtful about the series being 26 episodes too. I just brought it up because the info was going around. The blurb did say it would be 2 cours, so maybe it meant split cours. That would explain why they revealed the memory loss thing si early.

Last edited by LKK; 2022-07-19 at 09:47. Reason: removed tanget discussion
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-19, 08:58   Link #104
LKK

Thread temporarily closed for clean-up.

Edit: I cleaned this thread of the recent discussions which went off-topic. If any of the participants wish to continue those off-topic discussions, do so either through PM or VM.

Thread is now open again. Mind your manners, everyone.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2022-07-19 at 10:00. Reason: opened thread
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-19, 12:11   Link #105
Frontier

I guess it could very well be a split cour but I'm not sure if this has enough plot for 26 episodes, though I'm more than happy to be wrong.
Old 2022-07-19, 15:08   Link #106
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Sometimes they do one plot for cour 1 and another for cour 2. Heck, maybe our trio are only the mains for cour 1 and that other character we see with Kisara in the image for the game is the main for cour 2. (I kind of doubt it though, it’ll probably be about our main trio for the whole run, two cours or not)
Old 2022-07-19, 15:16   Link #107
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Even with big names attached its rare for a new IP to get two cour but then something like Fairy Gone went 24 miserable episodes so you never know. A-1 isn't PA Works though.
Old 2022-07-19, 17:50   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have a hard time imagining this being two cours.
Old 2022-07-19, 18:17   Link #109
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Yeah, like I said I’m taking this news with a cup of salt. There’s been no official word on this from anybody. Just a “reliable source.”
Old 2022-07-23, 12:34   Link #110
Frontier

It's nice to see that Ayano and her team can handle a D-Hazard on their own without Kisara or Shu, and that Ayano is able to do her own investigative work (for Shu's sake) .

It's helpful to have a best friend who is also the mayors' daughter who can intercede with other public officials and get you the information or resources you need, although Linfa also knows all about Ayano's relationship with Shu from the upds and downs and she's not about to let Ayano forget it...or the fact that she dated a younger man (which she's really self-conscious about). Also Linfa can really guzzle down her wine .

So sometimes it doesn't matter how much money Shu and Kisara have because their place always gets hit with the random power outages the city needs to do to operate properly. Man, it sucks being them .

Now Mikhail is going straight to Kisara's home and challenging Shu straight to his face for Kisara, offering to pay for him to move and leave her...and Shu treats him like the easy to ignore and annoying comedy relief character he is .

Shu doesn't really care that much about the idea of Ayano going to love hotel with another man (which is basically just Kisara messing with her), but he does care about her investigating a lead on the demon that killed his parents without him. Angry Shu is kind of scary .

Mikami seems like a pretty straight-laced guy who is more than willing to state upfront that he has no involvement in the love drama going on between Shu, Ayano, and Kisara. I wonder if he's maybe a little too straight-laced, to a suspicious extent .

So is the culprit and the guy selling the demons that blonde dude? He was with both D-Hazards, and just so happened to be around Shu and Ayano. Seems like too much for a simple coincidence .

It seems like one of the main issues with Shu and Ayano's relationship was that Shu was maybe a little too laidback and carefree...especially because it meant he never really opened up to Ayano on an intimate emotional level and let her in as a real partner and lover. So he does stuff like spend his birthday trying to clean up Ayano's mistake for her sake, which is great, but in doings so he missed out on Ayano wanting to celebrate his birthday with him and all the trouble she went through to make it a special night (up to and including sexy negligee and the promise of sex). And he was never really self-aware of how much that hurt her .

And then Kisara finally reveals the truth to Ayano about Shu losing his memories, although if anything that seems to embolden Ayano wanting to solve this case and basically save Shu, just like Shu wants to protect her, and to continue to hate Kisara. Who will win in the end? The First Girl? Or the Last Girl ?

Such emotional and relevant talk at an Oden stand but I can't help but stare at Ayano's luscious legs .

Demons and organized crime seem like a bad mix, but what's even worse is a woman contracted with a demon and out for revenge against the people she blames for stealing the man she loves away from her...and that includes Ayano. Although her demon form is pretty beautiful .
Old 2022-07-23, 15:45   Link #111
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm trying to give this series a chance but the cast is painfully bland and it just feels derivative of much better movies or series... In/Spectre, Memento, hell even Moon Knight. Cool action scenes though. Dropped for now but I might give it another chance after it ends.
Old 2022-07-23, 15:59   Link #112
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm trying to give this series a chance but the cast is painfully bland and it just feels derivative of much better movies or series... In/Spectre, Memento, hell even Moon Knight. Cool action scenes though. Dropped for now but I might give it another chance after it ends.
That's so random but I take that as a compliment to this series .
Old 2022-07-23, 18:34   Link #113
grecefar

Shu prioritize his revenge, he is giving his memories of ayano and even knowing that he still goes to her when he needs help, yeah he is scum, kisara is too but she is a demon so is a given.

I don't know if I'll keep going, this is just going to be pure ayano suffering.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 18:42   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder just how much the age gap between Shu and Ayano is, given that her friend said Ayano was into shotas. There was teasing involved of course, but it got me curious.

I get that Kisara has Shu's memories, but how did she know exactly what Ayano had planned for his birthday since all her plans fell through? Or is she a mind reader too?
Old 2022-07-23, 18:54   Link #115
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wonder just how much the age gap between Shu and Ayano is, given that her friend said Ayano was into shotas. There was teasing involved of course, but it got me curious.
I want to say they gave out the official ages as 20 (Ayano) and Shu (18) but I could be wrong. I think it's probably a 3-4 year difference.
Quote:
I get that Kisara has Shu's memories, but how did she know exactly what Ayano had planned for his birthday since all her plans fell through? Or is she a mind reader too?
I assume Kisara knew because Shu found out about it when he came back and found out what a bust his "birthday party" was since he ended up apologizing for it.
Old 2022-07-23, 19:03   Link #116
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I want to say they gave out the official ages as 20 (Ayano) and Shu (18) but I could be wrong. I think it's probably a 3-4 year difference.
Official website has Shuu at 20-something and Ayano at "older than Shuu."
Old 2022-07-23, 23:20   Link #117
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Official website has Shuu at 20-something and Ayano at "older than Shuu."
Oh, that's kind of funny .

If they dated three (?) years ago that would've probably meant Shu was either still in high school or close to out of it...
Old 2022-07-24, 02:08   Link #118
Random14

At least now Ayano knows a bit more of what's Shu is going through. So both of them try to do things on their own, that's probably part of what formed their original relationship. That and Shu was hiding things from her before, but then his family's death has haunted him the whole time.

Glad they kept the atmosphere (mostly) serious and civil for Ayano to hear about Shu's contract with Kisara. Should be an interesting story (whenever they reveal it) for how Shu even met Kisara and started trading his memories instead of his soul for power.

So that demon guy has been making cameos since the beginning. Creepy moment with that demon in the mirror among the bloodbath, wonder if it means something more that she's one of the more humanoid ones (that and her long line of targets rather than just going on an instant rampage). Demon attack aside (just a typical episode ending cliffhanger), I'm more worried about this pushing Ayano to rush even more to try to wrap things up before Shu loses even more of himself.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 03:27   Link #119
Lex79

It's interesting to see how differently Ayano and Kisara express their love towards Shu. The former tries to protect and keep him safe even if it means robbing him of his agency. The latter wants to grant him his wishes even if doing so is going to destroy him.
Shu also cared for Ayano but not in the way she wished for and it seems they had a serious lack of communication. The question is if they'll have a second chance or the show is going to follow the Kisara route.
One thing I liked is that the show made Ayano learn about Shu's memory loss instead of having her wrong assume that he forgot because he never cared about her.
Curious to see if next week Shu has to save her from the demon and how it's going to influence their relationship.
Old 2022-07-24, 09:27   Link #120
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
It's interesting to see how differently Ayano and Kisara express their love towards Shu. The former tries to protect and keep him safe even if it means robbing him of his agency. The latter wants to grant him his wishes even if doing so is going to destroy him.
Shu also cared for Ayano but not in the way she wished for and it seems they had a serious lack of communication. The question is if they'll have a second chance or the show is going to follow the Kisara route.
One thing I liked is that the show made Ayano learn about Shu's memory loss instead of having her wrong assume that he forgot because he never cared about her.
Curious to see if next week Shu has to save her from the demon and how it's going to influence their relationship.
The only way I can see Kisara "winning" is if Shu forgets all his memories of Ayano and becomes desperately attached to Kisara as the only thing he has left, both as a partner and as a companion in his revenge, which I guess is what Kisara is counting on so she can "win" but I'm not sure if that's ultimately what she wants.