AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 00:37   Link #1821
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I don't have a problem with both op either. I do think the first one is more fun, but I don't think the second one is boring. Also, maybe they changed it just for this episode because Nibutani is a "serious" person? Unlikely, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've made a blog post about some "holy places" for this show -- real places used as backgrounds. For example, the double railway bridge over the Setogawa River at Ishiyama, in the eastern part of the city of Otsu, which is just northeast of Kyoto:

I've included a few more comparisons, along with a video of one fan's tour of sites, and links to Japanese pages with many more photos.

[off-topic] Since I love The Tale of Genji so much, I have to add that Lady Murasaki is supposed to have started writing that novel in August 1004 AD when she was living at the Ishiyama-dera temple, on the river about a mile south of the big bridges shown in the anime. [/off-topic]
Good work. Is there a reason why they choose that particular town?
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 00:54   Link #1822
U<3Anime
Boo!

I'll miss the old chaotic style for the opening, since I got used to it. I guess the new one is fine too because more people can enjoy watching the opening now.

I just wish they bring back the double butt-shake. "Pull over dat ass too fat whoop whoop!".
Old 2012-10-27, 01:00   Link #1823
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
I've made a blog post about some "holy places" for this show -- real places used as backgrounds. For example, the double railway bridge over the Setogawa River at Ishiyama, in the eastern part of the city of Otsu, which is just northeast of Kyoto:

I've included a few more comparisons, along with a video of one fan's tour of sites, and links to Japanese pages with many more photos.

[off-topic] Since I love The Tale of Genji so much, I have to add that Lady Murasaki is supposed to have started writing that novel in August 1004 AD when she was living at the Ishiyama-dera temple, on the river about a mile south of the big bridges shown in the anime. [/off-topic]
This is really great I'm just guessing but is that the town the author is from or did they pick it cause it's a nice port town near Kyoto?
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 01:26   Link #1824
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I was looking forward to shinkas part of the story but after i saw it, it felt kinda bleh...i could just be a huge rikka fan, anyway i cant wait for the love stuff to start happening in the 2nd half well according to Kaoru Chujo

Rikka FTW!
Old 2012-10-27, 01:59   Link #1825
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
...Is there a reason why they choose that particular town?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
...I'm just guessing but is that the town the author is from or did they pick it cause it's a nice port town near Kyoto?
The short answer is I don't know. The long answer is that I skimmed the staff blog and saw nothing about it. Then checked Japanese Wikipedia, which said nothing about the location of the novel, but said that the anime is set in various locations in Shiga Prefecture (where Otsu and the other towns mentioned are located). The anime's end-credits mention the "Shiga Location Office," the KeiHan Railway, et al. So I'm guessing that KyoAni's people collaborated with the prefectural government to find suitable locations close enough to Kyoto that their people could go out and take plenty of photos to work from.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-27 at 02:53.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 03:51   Link #1826
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
The short answer is I don't know. The long answer is that I skimmed the staff blog and saw nothing about it. Then checked Japanese Wikipedia, which said nothing about the location of the novel, but said that the anime is set in various locations in Shiga Prefecture (where Otsu and the other towns mentioned are located). The anime's end-credits mention the "Shiga Location Office," the KeiHan Railway, et al. So I'm guessing that KyoAni's people collaborated with the prefectural government to find suitable locations close enough to Kyoto that their people could go out and take plenty of photos to work from.
Maybe they have a contract with an amateur photographers for these kind of things?

That's what i always been thought
Old 2012-10-27, 03:52   Link #1827
Ridwan

This picture should be able to make a good avatar (yes, it's a request for anyone willing)

Old 2012-10-27, 04:00   Link #1828
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's an interview with the writer ("series composition"), Hanada Jukki, in which he talks about the general evolution of the story. He talks about getting very chuuni expressions from the original novel, and thinks they will be successful if people really find them embarrassing.
Then they have been very, VERY successful then. I often find myself pausing episodes because it's just way too embarrassing to watch. Never gone into a Chuuni phase myself, but I can completely understand the mindset, and thus the episodes can be painfully embarrassing to me.

And then I go back next week and watch some more

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 04:13   Link #1829
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Then they have been very, VERY successful then. I often find myself pausing episodes because it's just way too embarrassing to watch. Never gone into a Chuuni phase myself, but I can completely understand the mindset, and thus the episodes can be painfully embarrassing to me.

And then I go back next week and watch some more
Indeed. Everytime i watch this, is like stab in my heart. I keep doing what Yuuta and Shinka do of OTZ. (smashing head to the wall, screaming, etc)

yet i still continue to watch .

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 04:25   Link #1830
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
This picture should be able to make a good avatar (yes, it's a request for anyone willing)

-snip-
How's this?

/
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2012-10-27 at 04:37. Reason: Added no-border version. Sharpen.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 04:30   Link #1831
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I do make more close up ver. his probably better

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 05:17   Link #1832
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

tried to get rid of the darkness

Old 2012-10-27, 05:41   Link #1833
Ridwan

Thanks for the trouble, everyone Here's a gift to show my gratitude :

Old 2012-10-27, 08:08   Link #1834
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

All these eyepatches-over-sunglasses are cracking me up. Such a great idea.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 08:46   Link #1835
Warm Mist

So wait, according to Hanada:
Spoiler for .:
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 09:03   Link #1836
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
So wait, according to Hanada:
Spoiler for .:
Answer:
Spoiler:

I also want to clarify one aspect via translation of the Q&A
Spoiler:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 09:30   Link #1837
Warm Mist

Okay then, that's good to hear.

Now I just want the staff for eps 7-10 to be announced and see if there will be any more DO or if we're back to the main studio.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 09:38   Link #1838
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I also want to clarify one aspect via translation of the Q&A
Spoiler:
Spoiler for is this even a spoiler?:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 10:06   Link #1839
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

LOL....the Popular girl that the MC has a crush on was a geek as well....

This show is so strange.....but yet I find myself liking Rika for being so goddamned weird...

I just realized that Jun Fukuyama's the MC. Thought that was him...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 10:24   Link #1840
kimpleng
Lurker

Images
Everyone is unique
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen