AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 18:19   Link #1
Kklathan
Vampyre

Best/Worst FF class

I gotta say my favorate class/job is Dragoons. Final Fantasy have had some sort of dragoon in alot of their games (Kain IIus, Cid VII, Freya IX, Kimari X, Tactics among others) But they have yet to make a regular gig of it. I have absolutely no idea why they put polearm users in some the Final Fantasys and not in others. Ah, im just pissed because there isnt a dragoon in X-2

Worst has got to be the blue mage. Great idea, absolutely fantastic in very limited situations, but not very usefull in most fights. The only exemption that I know of is the enemy skill materia from VII, and that only because you did not have to devote an entire character to being just a blue mage to get the one or two usefull skills.
Kklathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 18:22   Link #2
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

id have to agree with the blue mage, but FFV has a lot of useless classes in it, i like the Monk in FF, and the rest i pretty much like the swordsman, Cloud, Squall, Auron, but when i play FFXI, i dont know if im gonna be a black mage/summoner or a white mage/summoner
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 18:33   Link #3
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Definitely the Dragoon/Dragon Knight. It added a huge amount of stratagy in battle, especially in FFTactics. Not to mention Kain = Cool as hell.

Next would be the Black Mage. I just love the Jawa/Orko(?) based design
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 19:18   Link #4
daliinn

I have always been fond of the Theif. Even though most of the time they suck they are still one of my favorite classes.

My second favorite is the white mage...gotta have one in every party
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 20:03   Link #5
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

Best FF class it has to be Holy knight in FF tactics. Agrias made this game much easier. Worst class from the same game is either mediator or oracle. Never seen a class as lame as those 2.
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 02:28   Link #6
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
Best:

Final Fantasy Tactics - Calculators.

Bwahaha, I just hit you with an unblockable summon simply because your exp is a multiple of 6! Math power baby!
Tenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 17:38   Link #7
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklathan
I gotta say my favorate class/job is Dragoons. Final Fantasy have had some sort of dragoon in alot of their games (Kain IIus, Cid VII, Freya IX, Kimari X, Tactics among others) But they have yet to make a regular gig of it. I have absolutely no idea why they put polearm users in some the Final Fantasys and not in others. Ah, im just pissed because there isnt a dragoon in X-2

Worst has got to be the blue mage. Great idea, absolutely fantastic in very limited situations, but not very usefull in most fights. The only exemption that I know of is the enemy skill materia from VII, and that only because you did not have to devote an entire character to being just a blue mage to get the one or two usefull skills.
Kain = FF IV
Mog = FF VI (Yes he is the Dragoon, he's the one you equip with the spear, and dragoon boots and dragoon horn) He also has incredible defense like a dragoon
FF 7 = Cid
FF X = Kimari
FF 9 = Freya.

Guess FF8 didn't have it cause they wanted it to be more realistic i guess

I think the best one is either the Knight or Theif

Everyone needs a Theif and a Knight.

Best Character in 4? = Cecil
FF 6? = Locke or Edgar (Edgar made WoB a walk in the park)
FF 7 = Bah there's not specific class in this one, this game sucks
FF 8 = Again no real class
FF 9 = Zidane and Stiner (Stiener kicked too much ass)
FF X = Auron and Tidus (i hated Rikku, she's always behind in power only steal with her and use Al Bled Potions... Wakka Sucked more)
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 23:30   Link #8
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

do i qualify to vote? ive never completed a FF game. lol. ive played so far: FF7, 9, tactics, tactics advance, and crystal chronicles.

i like the knight/soldier/paladin/swordsmen.

i dont know if this counts as a class but:
u cant beat chocobos.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 02:41   Link #9
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Mog = FF VI (Yes he is the Dragoon, he's the one you equip with the spear, and dragoon boots and dragoon horn) He also has incredible defense like a dragoon
Is he? I was under the impression that after a certain level, the characters tend to be same-ish. I remember sticking the dragoon boots onto Edgar... or maybe I was mistaken. Been quite a while since I played that game.

But yeah, Dragoons are cool. Even if Kimahri's version of the Dragoon jump sucked, since he had to be at Overdrive to use it.

The black mages tend to be the least useful overall. They're good in special circumstances (like against an elemental enemy), but for regular monsters (and bosses), only the high-level non-elemental spells are worthwhile... and the fighters can deal just as much damage. And the MP-restoring items tend to be a whole lot more expensive than the HP-restoring ones.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote