AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-02-19, 23:41   Link #321
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If you look at Unicorn from a 12-episode perspective, it's more like waiting 3 months for an episode.

Which is quite normal for OVAs, so 7 months for 50 minutes isn't that bad.
^58 minutes, actually.

08th MS Team has about the same runtime as this show. That one was released over a period of three-and-a-half years (though it did face some production difficulties). So 7 months gaps should add up to be about the same as that.
Old 2010-02-19, 23:45   Link #322
stardrago

Do you think that someone could upload some scenes to youtube, mostly the one when the Unicorn transforms into its gundam mode and maybe some of its fight scenes for it?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 23:59   Link #323
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
^58 minutes, actually.

08th MS Team has about the same runtime as this show. That one was released over a period of three-and-a-half years (though it did face some production difficulties). So 7 months gaps should add up to be about the same as that.
That wasn't intentional though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:01   Link #324
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
Do you think that someone could upload some scenes to youtube, mostly the one when the Unicorn transforms into its gundam mode and maybe some of its fight scenes for it?
Patience my friend. All will come in due time.
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:08   Link #325
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That wasn't intentional though.
It wasn't. But it doesn't change the fact that people waited back then... And unfortunately that's something we need to do here.

And at least it won't be like the Evangelion remakes, which will probably take six years to finish at the rate they are going.
Old 2010-02-20, 01:38   Link #326
mistaxvc

wish =( i could download jpn psn video
mistaxvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 08:31   Link #327
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And at least it won't be like the Evangelion remakes, which will probably take six years to finish at the rate they are going.
Or Giant Robo. Seven episodes that were released each year. Now that was a painful wait.
Old 2010-02-20, 13:02   Link #328
furato
Chronic Googler

Screencaps & photo from someone who attended the theatre screening:
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...blog/16995852/
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 13:14   Link #329
synx

So anyone here that's seen it have anything to say?
Old 2010-02-20, 13:17   Link #330
Kikuchi

I seriously need to cool down first.

Kidding. Thought it was awesome. Great animation, great flow, great cast so far... My only complain would be that you absolutely need to be familiar with the UC to get this. It was said before, but I really want to stress this point.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 14:34   Link #331
synx

I'm surprised that no one has uploaded any of it to YouTube yet.
Old 2010-02-20, 14:38   Link #332
epl

youtube haha.

raws are out.

Last edited by epl; 2010-02-20 at 14:53.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 14:42   Link #333
Kikuchi

Be careful guys. Unicorn is licenced. As such, remember that asking for the episode or providing a way to get it WILL get you banned.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 17:06   Link #334
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow that ended EXACTLY how I pictured it would 5 months ago. Do I know this franchise's visual cues or what.

For the first time this month I am finally truly happy. The wait has been worth it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 17:11   Link #335
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wow that ended EXACTLY how I pictured it would 5 months ago. Do I know this franchise's visual cues or what.

For the first time this month I am finally truly happy. The wait has been worth it.
Get the BD while you are at it. I'm going to transfer the file over to my PS3 in order to watch it the way it was intended to be.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 17:13   Link #336
brightman
Ancient Member

That's the best piece of Gundam work that's come out in a long, long time. The animation, production values, direction, script, music, etc. And the action scenes -- have to say that the colony battle in this one is unmatched.

Now for another long wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
My only complain would be that you absolutely need to be familiar with the UC to get this. It was said before, but I really want to stress this point.
I don't think it's that steep of a learning curve. They tried to keep everything simple here (especially the Newtype stuff), so I think its actually much less confusing for newbies than the UC stuff that Tomino makes.

Though the numerous references make this a UC fanboy's wetdream.
Old 2010-02-20, 17:19   Link #337
konart

I came twice (c)
nuff said.

Trying not to think about how long we have to wait till next episode
Old 2010-02-20, 17:42   Link #338
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Skimming through the video, I've noticed quite a number of things left out or condensed from the novel. It's understandable that they did it due to either time or budget constraint. Some of the more noticable things are as follow :-

1) Young Siam's flashback and his brife illusion of OYW,
2) More of Bahanager's part time job at AE and the cameo of the Geara Doga was changed to that of a Zaku. Also missing was the discussion of war and history with his mecha maniac pal.
3) The whole intro of the Nahal's new crew and wht they were there.
4) Loto VS Funnels chase sequence. We only see a funnel ripping apart a Loto in the OVA.
5) Bahanager's pal high on booze and drug, dazed from the air raid warning.
6) Viste Manor massacre ala End of EVA.

I still consider the novel the superior material mainly due to the details in it. But this makes it interesting about how are they going to do Marida's past in OVA 2.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:53   Link #339
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I still consider the novel the superior material mainly due to the details in it. But this makes it interesting about how are they going to do Marida's past in OVA 2.
The novel is 500 pages of text instead of 60 minutes, so naturally it'll have "superior material". But still, a large part of what's so great about this so far is the production values and the visuals. Its tough to translate those into words.

It does look like they are trying to keep this more appropriate for general audiences so far. Nothing wrong with that, but indeed, how they show Marida's past (if they would do it at all) will be interesting.
Old 2010-02-20, 19:46   Link #340
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
The novel is 500 pages of text instead of 60 minutes, so naturally it'll have "superior material". But still, a large part of what's so great about this so far is the production values and the visuals. Its tough to translate those into words.
Just trying to get across what the anime-only watchers are missing. I don't mind them condensing events, but it's really a disappointment for find me to find the very unusual combat sequence between the Loto and the Kshatriya/Funnels involving real world physic being cut out.

Quote:
It does look like they are trying to keep this more appropriate for general audiences so far. Nothing wrong with that, but indeed, how they show Marida's past (if they would do it at all) will be interesting.
The way I see it, it's because Bandai/Sunrise is aiming for a international release, so they had to cut down on all unnecessary gore, sex and drug reference since censorship law differs from nation to nation

You can clearly see that there's a lack of blood during the shootup scenes when normally blood, no matter how little will splutter out during bullet impact.

PS :- Upon watching the entire episode, I find the character designs for the main cast seems to be to young for their supposed age. They looked more like 13-14 years of age when they are suppose to be around 16. Yasuhiko's original lineart hit the jackpot.