AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 63 Rating
Perfect 10 57 72.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-27, 16:11   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow... Greed and Hohenheim's death ( ;_; ) were handled way better than in the manga. I'm really glad they extended those scenes.

It's a bit of a shame they cut out Roy's line, but I think it helped create a bit more suspense. I wonder how many anime only watchers thought Ed was going to sacrifice himself?
Old 2010-06-27, 16:12   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wonder how many anime only watchers thought Ed was going to sacrifice himself?
If they've been watching this series since the first episode, then hopefully none.
Old 2010-06-27, 16:26   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If they've been watching this series since the first episode, then hopefully none.
Now that you've said this, no one will ever admit it!

I guess it's true for the people who have watched only Brotherhood, but the ones who've seen the first anime adaptation as well may be influenced by it, deep down.
Old 2010-06-27, 16:55   Link #24
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@Kanon I watched all of the first series and I never thought Ed would do it

Man of all the Homunculi I was hoping Greed would stick around but its fitting how he went out, taking Father down with him.

I knew Ed wouldnt sacrifice himself but it took me a second right after he looked at his hands that he would give up his alchemy instead. Im glad he kinda got to stick it to Truth-kun

Oh Hohenheim, that scene was amazing.

Gah I cant believe next weeks is the last...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-27, 17:01   Link #25
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i call it, anime of the year
Old 2010-06-27, 17:29   Link #26
Kirarakim

Quote:
I wonder how many anime only watchers thought Ed was going to sacrifice himself?
Well I did see some first anime fans who thought Ed & Al sacrificing themselves was so much more meaningful. Of course I should realize that I am on a totally different wave length from most first anime fans.

edit: Just read a comment here where someone indeed said that were afraid it would end like the 1st anime with Ed & Al sacrificing themselves.
Old 2010-06-27, 17:43   Link #27
kitten320

Just saw subs, nice episode.
Was nice to see some edited lines, made more senc and gave better impression.
Old 2010-06-27, 18:43   Link #28
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

What's the name of the song playing when Homuclus was at the gate of truth
Old 2010-06-27, 19:13   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Now that you've said this, no one will ever admit it!

I guess it's true for the people who have watched only Brotherhood, but the ones who've seen the first anime adaptation as well may be influenced by it, deep down.
Well to be honest I was a bit stumped on how Ed was going to get Al back. I thought he might for a moment, before thinking he wouldn't do that. It would just flip his position with Al and then they'd be at exactly the same place. Thought he might give up what he gained from going through the gate, but didn't think he'd give up the gate entirely and lose his ability to use alchemy. Of course in comparison to getting his brother back it's a small price.

You knew Hohenheim wasn't going to survive through the whole series. Still that was a nice way for him to go after the battle was over and in front of his wife's grave. Also liked the montage with the OP at the end.
Old 2010-06-27, 19:14   Link #30
Haladflire65
*Artist

The anime managed to beat the manga with Greed and Hoho's deaths.... ah, the power of dramatic music Hoho's last moment destroyed me For once the Rain insert sounded good.

This episode was seriously an epic overload. I loved seeing Ed and Al return, animated, and the scene with Father in front of his gate was oddly (unintentionally) comical...

I think they cut it off at a good moment, leaving the entirety of the final episode free for a nice unrushed epilogue... I am so going to cry next week too.
Old 2010-06-27, 19:23   Link #31
GaimeGuy

It makes a hell of a lot more sense for father to die from Greed's softening + Ed punching a hole in him which released all his remaining lives, cause in the manga, it made no fucking sense how father could have died that easily, especially since he was blocking most attacks by the army + alchemists. It just didn't make sense that ed punching a hole through him was the last death father had left in him.
Old 2010-06-27, 19:47   Link #32
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Wow... Greed and Hohenheim's death ( ;_; ) were handled way better than in the manga. I'm really glad they extended those scenes.

It's a bit of a shame they cut out Roy's line, but I think it helped create a bit more suspense. I wonder how many anime only watchers thought Ed was going to sacrifice himself?
Gotta admit, as an anime-only watcher (original and brotherhood), that I was trying to convince myself that he wouldn't do that up until the moment he looks at his hands. At that point I was almost screaming at the screen asking Ed no to do it cause I understood right there what he was about to do (it was pretty obvious if you watched brotherhood carefully actually ).

Spoiler for episode:
Old 2010-06-27, 20:07   Link #33
GDJoel

They knocked it out of the park with this one. Hoho's death was executed perfectly, and finally BONES actually got Rain to fit perfectly. Third times the charm (?)

Anyway it's great to see that the final episode will be a well paced epilogue.
Old 2010-06-27, 21:12   Link #34
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well I did see some first anime fans who thought Ed & Al sacrificing themselves was so much more meaningful. Of course I should realize that I am on a totally different wave length from most first anime fans.

edit: Just read a comment here where someone indeed said that were afraid it would end like the 1st anime with Ed & Al sacrificing themselves.
I think the people who actually like the first series ending are also big fan of Greek tragedy. First series also have the tones of atonement in death. For one thing, both Ed and Al are gone from the world, it made no difference to death. However, on second series, the tones is more like atonement in being alive. Even if one commit unforgivable sins, they would use the rest of their life in repaying the deed. Tales of Abyss also have similar theme, that made it one of my favorite game.
Old 2010-06-27, 21:16   Link #35
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well I did see some first anime fans who thought Ed & Al sacrificing themselves was so much more meaningful.
Acutally, one line that was cut out from the manga
Spoiler:

And when you think about it, sacrificing himself is STILL sacrificing a "life" which kinda betrays their promise not to use human lives....
Old 2010-06-27, 22:00   Link #36
Epyon

I thought either hoenheim would give his life or that ed would give up his memories to get al's body back. Giving up the memories would have more impact but I guess it would ruin the ending.
Old 2010-06-27, 22:27   Link #37
Lumine
Band Army Member

No Battle Scherzo for the final battle.

Wish they had used the BRADJA theme from the first FMA (very unlikely) for the last part.

or at least Ray of Light for the ending theme.

lol King Bradley stayed as a Hero.
Old 2010-06-27, 22:52   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For me, the entire third act with Hoenheim was the highlight of the episode. I knew he wouldn't survive (though part of me hoped he would, as he's a wonderful character), but they really handled his exit beautifully. And I'm glad they saved an entire episode for the epilogue, as Seirei no Moribito did - when you have a long-running series with a deep emotional investment in the characters, I think it's cheating the audience not to give them that kind of closure.
Old 2010-06-28, 05:28   Link #39
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I'll admit, tears were flowing down from my eyes during the scene where Van Hohenheim died with a smile at Trisha's grave.

10/10 for the super excellent episode and I want to declare this day my own VAN HOHENHEIM DAY, 27.Jun.10 *sings Rain by Sid*.

Last edited by Photonbeam; 2010-06-28 at 07:13.
Old 2010-06-28, 05:30   Link #40
klare

so thats the end for Greed and Father aka the black pacman

why do i feel like Hoenheim is the hero haha

1 more eps to settle the relationships? i will be angry if Roy and Riza not ending up together
Closed Thread