AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 26 36.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-13, 07:03   Link #41
ruurguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
I keep seeing this.

How exactly did that first D-mail even prevent her death? Daru just thought it was spam, it shouldn't have changed anything.
If I understand it right the email was the first detection of time travel which SERN caught which might have caused a chain reaction of events that resulted in Kurisu dying. Alternatively or additionally, the very fact that the D-Mail occurred also prompted the experiments and such that would lead to future time travel by Okabe and the Lab. Which we have seen caused a bunch of changes to occur.

It is some sort of butterfly effect I would guess where something would eventually result in the change that resulted in Kurisu living.
Old 2011-07-13, 07:19   Link #42
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Suzuha's story. Lol at Okabe's English, best scene. So SERN was able to make their time machine thanks to Okabe sending the d-mail. That sucks, but he can't undue it because it saved Kurisu. Mayuri's plan was hilarious, even better Kurisu believed it. If Daru is her father, those perverted jokes are disturbing.
Old 2011-07-13, 08:14   Link #43
LKK

I'm glad we got a more light-hearted episode this time around. I, for one, needed a breather. I gasped when Mayuri walked onto the screen. I thought we were in for another round of watching Mayuri die multiple ways. So very glad that didn't happen this time. No more Mayuri death scenes, please!!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-07-13, 09:18   Link #44
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

It couldn't be clearer unless they put a giant sign saying "Daru is Suzuha's father!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
No more Mayuri death scenes, please!!
THAT.
Old 2011-07-13, 09:51   Link #45
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryce View Post
I think it works like this :
First D-mail saves Kurisu because : Sern detected it -> they create time machine and causes dystopia -> Suzuha go back in time and crash in the building -> Kurisu lecture about time travel is cancelled -> somehow it saves her from being murdered
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruurguy View Post
If I understand it right the email was the first detection of time travel which SERN caught which might have caused a chain reaction of events that resulted in Kurisu dying. Alternatively or additionally, the very fact that the D-Mail occurred also prompted the experiments and such that would lead to future time travel by Okabe and the Lab. Which we have seen caused a bunch of changes to occur.

It is some sort of butterfly effect I would guess where something would eventually result in the change that resulted in Kurisu living.
If my head doesn't asplode by the end of this series I'll be surprised.
Old 2011-07-13, 11:08   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It's hardly called paranoid when moderators themselves have also posted in the general discussion thread and pointed out that people should stop posting clear hints to events in VN and disguising them as '' clever theories ''. Like I said, it has happened, and S;G is not the only thread it happens in. I also did point out that it was not only the Daru thing which we have been '' spoiled '' with '' theories ''. Of course I can't say for sure until these events happen (or won't happen).
It's always the Daru thing you keep QQing about, which is absolutely not a case of VN readers cleverly spoiling everyone else. You're just embarrassing yourself by claiming it is.

I only remember mods posting to tell people to stop hinting at things that haven't happened in the anime (and some issues about the proper use of spoiler tags), but nothing about theories. How can you guess who has or hasn't play the game? If we can't post speculations without being accused of "cheating" if they turn out to be correct (which happens more often than you seem to think, take Madoka for example, a lot of people figured out Homura's "past" after watching the very fist episode; and there was no way to cheat here, since it's an original work), we might as well just stop speculating altogether.

Last edited by Kanon; 2011-07-13 at 11:21.
Old 2011-07-13, 11:16   Link #47
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The whole Daru thing had a clue hanging just before our nose as early as episode 10. Rewatching all the released episodes after the revealation about Suzuha, episode 10 really gives the biggest hint about it. Nothing worth going waaah spoilers.
Old 2011-07-13, 13:13   Link #48
Eater of All
NOM

Hm, do we know for sure that the timeline where Kurisu gets stabbed is a beta timeline rather than just a different world line within the current alpha timeline?

The fact that Suzuha lands in both the pre-first-D-mail timeline and the post-first-D-mail timeline (in ep1) implies that SERN creates a dystopia in both timelines. Normally, this in itself proves nothing, since it's possible that BOTH the beta and the alpha timeline are destined to get ruled by SERN, or it's possible that Okarin has always been in the alpha timeline even before the first D-mail.

So far, the only hint that there's a beta and alpha switch between the first D-mail is Kurisu's death, since death is "supposedly" immutable unless there's a beta/alpha switch. But if this is to be believed, does that mean both the beta and the alpha timeline will get ruled by SERN?

Just jotting some thoughts here.
Old 2011-07-13, 13:59   Link #49
larethian

@Dist, in a way, I agree with you. that's why I made this comment in episode 14:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...01#post3681201

whether Daru is Suzuha's dad or not aside, there are also a bunch of other things which seem too clever. but still we have to have to give the benefit of doubt, even when the justification seems weak...... and I think this is only the 3rd or 4th comment I've made for the anime.
Old 2011-07-13, 14:06   Link #50
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
I keep seeing this.

How exactly did that first D-mail even prevent her death? Daru just thought it was spam, it shouldn't have changed anything.
Okabe's first email probably activated a SERN probe which in turn deployed a few agents to save Kurisu's life, kicking Okabe into the divergence timeline.

This is basically saying all of this wouldn't have happened if Kurisu had stayed dead.
Old 2011-07-13, 15:23   Link #51
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Pretty fun, light-hearted episode overall; a much needed breather after some of the darker stuff that's been going on lately. Suzuha's past was pretty obvious from the start IMO, but it's nice to see the show being out in the open about it, and it's also nice to see her warming up to Kurisu, even if she has to leave soon.

I suppose I'll have to retract my previous statement, since it seems Suzuha's father is indeed dead in the year 2036. Perhaps he died with Okarin? Especially if it turns out her father is Daru, it would make sense if he died when Okarin did.

Okarin speaking English was hilarious, and the bit where Daru was hitting on Suzuha had me snickering, father and daughter or not; her reaction to it just made it all so perfect.

A fun episode overall. I look forward to episode 16!
Old 2011-07-13, 15:47   Link #52
velderia
Former NEET.

SONUVABITCH

Instant 10/10. :D

Edit: As for the Daru thing, it could be possible that he could of transferred his knowledge onto someone else and that person could have produced Suzuha.

Though maybe Daru did managed to date Feiris-tan. You never know. :P

Edit 2:

F-tan: "Pfftt... Geek boy."

Daru: "Oh hai I fixed/built a time machine."

F-tan: "OMGHAWT"

Last edited by velderia; 2011-07-13 at 15:59.
Old 2011-07-13, 20:01   Link #53
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
According to novel readers, this one is a blunder of the anime adaptation. In the novel the IBN 5100 wasn't required to decrypt SERN's emails.
This again, this far to the series? The anime never said anything about using IBN to decrypt SERN's emails. It's supposedly used to decrypt SERN's other database that Daru finds only contains gibberish codes) Every report about the experiment that the lab members knew came from the normal database which Daru hacked normally.

I guess it's more translation blunder than anime blunder
Old 2011-07-13, 21:45   Link #54
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The whole Daru thing had a clue hanging just before our nose as early as episode 10. Rewatching all the released episodes after the revealation about Suzuha, episode 10 really gives the biggest hint about it. Nothing worth going waaah spoilers.
And it's not like this far into the game (only 9 eps to go IIRC), a random male character is going to be introduced as her father. We know from this ep it's not Okabe from the way him and Kurisu were told about their future. So only 1 guy left...
Old 2011-07-14, 05:59   Link #55
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by velderia View Post
SONUVABITCH

Instant 10/10.

Edit: As for the Daru thing, it could be possible that he could of transferred his knowledge onto someone else and that person could have produced Suzuha.

Though maybe Daru did managed to date Feiris-tan. You never know. :P

Edit 2:

F-tan: "Pfftt... Geek boy."

Daru: "Oh hai I fixed/built a time machine."

F-tan: "OMGHAWT"
hashida itaru + akiha rumiho = amane suzuha?
that's impossible

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-07-14, 07:57   Link #56
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
that's impossible
It's possible, if we assume that they changed Suzuha's family name to try and keep her safe from SERN. If SERN knew who her father was, it's a pretty easy bet that they could also figure out who her mother was.
Old 2011-07-14, 10:10   Link #57
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's always the Daru thing you keep QQing about, which is absolutely not a case of VN readers cleverly spoiling everyone else. You're just embarrassing yourself by claiming it is.
I'd suggest to improve your comprehension of reading. I was not talking of only the Daru thing but speculations in general, though since I didn't specify what speculations, you can't seem to let go of the Daru thing and think I am only referring to it. Since you don't even seem to believe me, I guess I'll have to go and dig up that post of Nightwish', or ask him directly <.<. If moderator himself posts that it is happening and doing so again results in a ban, are you still trying to claim that I am '' embarassing myself '' and it's not actually happening and I am paranoid? I guess the moderators are paranoid then too.
Old 2011-07-14, 16:25   Link #58
king12354

I am kind of curious about the future of how Kurisu became the "mother" of the SERN time machine while Okabe becomes a founding member of the resistance. It's also interesting to see that they both died during the same year and also the year the part-timer time traveled back. I'm not going to speculate on it but I wonder why.
Old 2011-07-14, 19:14   Link #59
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
that's impossible
Could be worse. If you've ever read Heinlein's "All these Zombies" it could turn out that Daru and her get it on, and then she gives birth to a baby girl who he secrets away, but he's killed before he can tell her that she is her own mother... although in Heinlein's version she would also be her own Father, but let's not go there... yet
Old 2011-07-15, 08:22   Link #60
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

He asked a cat about the badge too, lol...

I like the extra scene where they show Mayuri passing out flyers. Makes her even more innocent so the viewers really want her to be saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
I am kind of curious about the future of how Kurisu became the "mother" of the SERN time machine while Okabe becomes a founding member of the resistance. It's also interesting to see that they both died during the same year and also the year the part-timer time traveled back. I'm not going to speculate on it but I wonder why.
Well, remember the dystopia occurrs because Moeka was supposed to have captured Okabe and the others to help complete the time machine (it still happens despite Okabe's time leaps). Kurisu is the real one responsible for researching time travel so that's why she's considered the "mother of the time machine". Otherwise SERN would probably have continued failing like with Project Z and the Jellymen.

So somewhere along the line (no pun intended, lol), Okabe and Daru must have escaped, forming a resistance hoping to avenge Mayuri and perhaps rescue Kurisu too.
Closed Thread