AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-26, 12:26   Link #101
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Wtf is Little Busters anyway?
Friendship: The Game.
One of the rare harems where the Bros are the true stars of the show.

The game was very recently fully translated (After some 4 years) so the annoucement of this anime really comes as a brilliant surprise. Oh man, refrain in full, animated glory. This cannot come soon enough
Old 2012-03-26, 12:35   Link #102
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Edit: Based on this blog, the possibility for KyoAni doing LB anime is highly unlikely.

Quote:
negotiations broke down with Kyoto Animation. Because Kyoto Animation esteems itself in the creation of very high quality works, they are sworn only to animate one project at a time. But at that particular time their line-up was already booked out by Pony Canyon and Kadokawa.

Vava: Because we lost KyoAni, we felt (insecure) about handing out our franchise to another studio. (implied: and so we rejected all other proposals) Nowadays I am fully aware of the fact that there are other studios out there who are capable of carrying our franchise.
If I have to choose, I'd would rather have White Fox doing it. Their OP for Rewrite was quite good, not to mention the success of S;G anime.
Now that you bring that back up it does indeed seem to help the theory that KyoAni isn't behind this which is a shame. And while I'm rooting for White Fox myself I wouldn't be opposed to see PA Works pick it up since Angel Beats had pretty good production values and the only flaw of that show was the clearly insufficient amount of episodes it had to tell it's story.

PS: btw I think that Angel Beats was Maeda only and not Key. Am I right?
Old 2012-03-26, 12:38   Link #103
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
This news gives me mixed/neutral feelings not just because I have no real love for Key works, but because while I'm quick to loathe massive amounts of hype surrounding something and all that that entails it means I'll never have to hear anymore 3+ page complaining on forums the next time Kyoani announces a series that's not named Little Busters ever again. Hooray! We can forever lay that call response styled reaction to rest forever and internet forums will be all the better for it.
Of course. It will just return to the 3+ pages of "Where is my FMP sequal? When is the next Haruhi season? and Where is Planetarian?"
Old 2012-03-26, 12:38   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The only reason Angel Beats had insufficient episodes was because the episode count was decided before the story was fully written. Just wanted to point that out...
Old 2012-03-26, 12:49   Link #105
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Of course. It will just return to the 3+ pages of "Where is my FMP sequal? When is the next Haruhi season? and Where is Planetarian?"
Who cares about those. All I'm waiting for is Rewrite.
Old 2012-03-26, 12:55   Link #106
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ah, yes...that too I guess will be added in place of Little Busters.
Old 2012-03-26, 13:00   Link #107
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Edit: Based on this blog, the possibility for KyoAni doing LB anime is highly unlikely.
How so? All it said was that they weren't able to hire KyoAni because they were busy back then. Nothing they said imply that they had given up, as they even rejected a proposal from Aniplex.

I would be happy to get closure and know who is making it once and for all. But the fact that Key is outright denying the anime is even being made, means they are prepared to blatantly lie to our faces rather than telling us anything concrete.

As far as official statements are concerned, the LB anime does not exist. So we will not know who is making it until Key is prepared to officially unveil the show.
Old 2012-03-26, 13:05   Link #108
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
^ i know, consider they work cycle there is high chance that they animate little buster at 2012.

* tough not sure if Kyoani do this

Old 2012-03-26, 13:05   Link #109
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As far as official statements are concerned, the LB anime does not exist. So we will not know who is making it until Key is prepared to officially unveil the show.
That should be april 10th,when the magazine holding the news comes out,so just in a couple weeks.
Old 2012-03-26, 13:25   Link #110
Simonsy

So seems everyone and a bunch of sites went bonkers over this announcement.

Whats so special about this. I have never heard of it. It's apparantly good?
Old 2012-03-26, 13:27   Link #111
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Planetarian just got a psp game so it's pretty much still.... alive >.> hopes for miracle.
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! T_T

When I saw them handle Disappearance I knew for a fact that they might be able to polish this even more. Just take a look at what addition Takemoto(according to some source) did which was the epic monologue.
Old 2012-03-26, 13:35   Link #112
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Who cares about those. All I'm waiting for is Rewrite.
But rewrite was been released recently and by the looks of how LONG we waiting for Little Buster to get animated then it would take YEARS for rewrite too. Unless some miracle happen
Old 2012-03-26, 13:51   Link #113
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Key and miracles....

Though it a Rewrite anime was at least three quarters as awesome as their second OP by White Fox it would kick almost anything to the curb.

Don't people call Little Busters a baseball VN? And with all the Baseball in previous KyoAni works, well....they are rather capable in that department.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:03   Link #114
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But rewrite was been released recently and by the looks of how LONG we waiting for Little Buster to get animated then it would take YEARS for rewrite too. Unless some miracle happen
[sarcasm][sarcasm]sarcasm is the lowest form of wit[/sarcasm][/sarcasm]
Old 2012-03-26, 16:32   Link #115
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Likewise fans of Key almost certainly expect to see the cute girl with the mystery illness, the cute girl that's actually some sort of spirit, the cute girl that can fight, and a sudden turn towards morbitity near the end.
I would argue that Little Busters has very little in common with traditional KEY games. Sorry to disappoint you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Don't people call Little Busters a baseball VN?
It really has very little to do with baseball, but yeah, they call it that.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:48   Link #116
Dr. Casey

I don't know much about Little Busters, but I've seen a few screenshots and it's a damn pretty game. The idea of the series being three or four cours honestly never would have crossed my mind without others mentioning it because series of that length are close to nonexistent nowadays, but I hope it does reach the number of episodes needed for a good adaptation (Whether that's 25, 37, or 50; the longer the better, though).
Old 2012-03-26, 16:54   Link #117
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What I don't know, is if Little Busters has a good break point to break up the story if required for split cours. Even CLANNAD was slit up into two seasons via After Story. Even if it was two 2 cour shows to get all the nearly 50 episodes to make the series work (well 44, plus two extra episodes, one recap/extra episode, and two OVA alternates (Kyou and Tomoyo endings).)
Old 2012-03-26, 16:54   Link #118
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I would argue that Little Busters has very little in common with traditional KEY games. Sorry to disappoint you.
Glad to hear that. Now, letting the studio's guesses aside, it would be enough to me to not have that all-eyes character design

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:55   Link #119
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well one would assume they would keep close to the game's artwork in some form.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:10   Link #120
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What I don't know, is if Little Busters has a good break point to break up the story if required for split cours. Even CLANNAD was slit up into two seasons via After Story. Even if it was two 2 cour shows to get all the nearly 50 episodes to make the series work (well 44, plus two extra episodes, one recap/extra episode, and two OVA alternates (Kyou and Tomoyo endings).)
Remember that After Story did have arcs that didn't have any direct connection with the actual "After Story arc".

Little Busters is quite long, be it common and individual routes, and splitting the series into 2 parts is feasible, albeit it might annoys specific heroines fans since 2 of the 6 heroines (or 3-4 of the 9 heroines if EX content) would have to be tackled on the second season with Refrain.

Tags
anime game, little busters