AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-14, 14:43   Link #1
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Iron Knight

Summary(taken from manga-updates):A boy with a body like steel encounters the "goblin virus" and must now protect his girlfriend.

So far it's only got 2 chapters but I have to say this has real potential. I'm calling 2 things now: the bunny is his childhood friend/bride to be and there's going to be a time skip pretty soon. Maybe in the next 10-15 chapters.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:47   Link #2
Breimoon

don't think she is a childhood friend , gonna bet on the bride to be. As for the time skip don't think there will be a big one before ch 30.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 15:09   Link #3
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Right, one thing I should mention is that the summary I posted above is the one of the Oneshot. I'll update the OP with a proper summary once I find one. Now...is anyone else suffering from extreme cuteness overload because of the bunny? I just..the only one that has made me feel this way before is Tsukiko from HenNeko but this is just..crazy. I'm not even a furry-lover either. One thing I like about the bunny & Goblin boy is the fact they're complete opposites: the bunny breathes cold air & is extremely cute and seems..I'm not sure how to describe it but, spaced out maybe? and GB shoots fire/lava-fists and isn't very cute(I like his design but imo he's not cute), I must say. He's also a lot more serious and driven.

OTOH what I find weird about the bunny is that she doesn't really seem like GB's old friend. Maybe it's just how she talks to strangers but she's so much more aloof. She's also incredibly cheerful;Too cheerful, I get that she may be happy that she isn't the only person/thing around but still. For someone who's world is crashing and burning around them that's odd.
Old 2013-12-14, 15:19   Link #4
bastek66

Oneshot was great, especially those fairy tale parts and switch to reality.
Serialization killed all interesting parts: he switches back, talks to much, acts like a kid and that f*cking bunny from shitty Goblin Night.
Old 2013-12-14, 15:32   Link #5
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Oneshot was great, especially those fairy tale parts and switch to reality.
Serialization killed all interesting parts: he switches back, talks to much, acts like a kid and that f*cking bunny from shitty Goblin Night.
Goblin Night and the oneshot are 2 different things? I didn't know that. I like that he switches back, as much as I like the idea of an Iron Goblin being a dark & silent superhero I'd much rather be able to know what the hell the guy's thinking. Also I'm not too sure if the writer could pull off a story about a silent goblin. After all how would he interact with the other characters?
His talking does explain his limits, and since he can communicate he can now be a part of the story. Finally: he acts like a kid cause he is one. It's only been 2 chapters, character development only really works best when there's a firm base to start from.

EDIT: Read a few pages of GN, Mamoru(MC) is a dick in that one. This is infinitely better for now anyway.

Last edited by Libros; 2013-12-16 at 07:54.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 22:29   Link #6
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Because the premise and the start of the story is nearly identical to Hachi, and Hachi just dropped to dead bottom of the TOC, it almost feels like this is directly replacing Hachi.
Old 2013-12-16, 00:35   Link #7
Aesthetic Shampoo

eh, the one shot was majorly better.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 00:59   Link #8
RobotCat
In a Box

I feel like the editors gutted all the darker aspects of the one-shot.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 01:14   Link #9
hamazura
whatever

seems like 99,734353% like the oneshot, well oneshot sucks for me... the series is better... which is still sucks. i bet this will be holy-axed like the other low-tier newcomer soon
Old 2013-12-16, 07:07   Link #10
Homura7

People expecting the serialization to have the same elements as the one-shot are delusional to say the least.

And yet it's still an interesting read and for now it has consistency.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 07:16   Link #11
tsunade666

I haven't read the series but the one shot is interesting. I also liked it when the girl died and it become the crystallization of his will. I like it that way. It shows more drama and impact to it. I didn't like anymore the lame shounen super hero. They felt stupid for me so I liked it when he changed from t naive kid that takes hit into a goblin knight.

I hope the series will be the same but it looks like its not from the post I read here which is sad.
Old 2013-12-16, 07:51   Link #12
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I haven't read the series but the one shot is interesting. I also liked it when the girl died and it become the crystallization of his will. I like it that way. It shows more drama and impact to it. I didn't like anymore the lame shounen super hero. They felt stupid for me so I liked it when he changed from t naive kid that takes hit into a goblin knight.

I hope the series will be the same but it looks like its not from the post I read here which is sad.
It's only got 2 chapters so far you might as well give them a try. You never know, you could enjoy them.
Old 2013-12-16, 08:20   Link #13
tsunade666

I'll give it a try if the author will kill the girl again XD

oh its glorious!!!

if only its expanded and the girl was given more character and depth and when the climax comes like before the confession them BAM!!! shit hit the fans.

Ah. I always love that kind of despair. bravo fate:zero drop dead shitty harem stories XD

half joking aside

I'll try it again if there will be more chapter. reading only 2 chapter will be boring. I'll put it on hold just lik HQ holder though it more like i drop that one

I need more badass MC that doesn't get peg down by the girls.
Old 2013-12-16, 17:38   Link #14
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
People expecting the serialization to have the same elements as the one-shot are delusional to say the least.

And yet it's still an interesting read and for now it has consistency.
Losing the darker elements as well as lower the age of the main character now makes this manga almost exactly like Hachi, and Hachi has been dead last. It even has the Hachi mini time jump where the main character wakes up and the world is changed, and his childhood girlfriend is gone/captured.
Old 2013-12-17, 20:54   Link #15
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

The oneshot looked promising, the serialization appears a little too 'kiddie-fied'

I'm gonna keep an eye on it, see if it matures a little more
Old 2013-12-27, 13:59   Link #16
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Chapter 3 was surprisingly good. I can't wait to see how this progresses. It may be the usual hot-blooded shonen but done right it can be really become quite something.
Old 2013-12-27, 14:20   Link #17
Esclair

Chapter 3 definitely seemed to return to some of the darker roots the one-shot had. I wonder if the author is going to make him ostracized by the humans even after he saves them.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 11:42   Link #18
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Spoiler for Chapter 4:
Old 2014-01-03, 17:48   Link #19
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 4:
Well, it's hard to make logical decisions when you're overcome by fear and prejudice. Anyways, I wonder how the author is going to add the childhood friend back into the story. A damsel in distress wouldn't be very interesting.
Old 2014-01-04, 07:26   Link #20
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Well, it's hard to make logical decisions when you're overcome by fear and prejudice. Anyways, I wonder how the author is going to add the childhood friend back into the story. A damsel in distress wouldn't be very interesting.
It is, however, the most likely development. As for the manga...sorry to say, it is axe material. There's only four chapters to go by, of course, but its foundation isn't too strong - the protagonist is all by himself, surrounded by strangers, there is chaos everywhere and the monster of the week is...what, the criminals of his town who turned into monsters?

Anyway, not expecting much, but I'll keep an eye out.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote