AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 13.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 43.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 17.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-23, 00:05   Link #21
The Green One

Until it's finished.

Some of the staff on the fansubbing team that does this series was on holiday. Plus they had said the version they had access to was pretty low quality, so they're waiting for the higher quality one and probably intend to sub that. It hasn't been dropped or anything.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 15:48   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Finally able to watch it. I'm hearing that Miyu's behavior ended up being different from the manga.

Now, I can't say "I don't view her in a wrong light", but I don't think she is a b*tch or anything. I think it's pretty normal to be scared in such a situation.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 16:04   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Finally able to watch it. I'm hearing that Miyu's behavior ended up being different from the manga.

Now, I can't say "I don't view her in a wrong light", but I don't think she is a b*tch or anything. I think it's pretty normal to be scared in such a situation.
She isn't scared. She is very concerned for Illya and shows it in a peculiar way. The problem with that scene other than being a pointless addition by the anime staff is that it can easily be misinterpreted.
Old 2013-08-23, 16:08   Link #24
Spinell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
On the other hand, somehow I'm afraid that there will be watchers who don't get this and will start... hating Miyu. I see these type of problems with watchers all the time whether it's games or anime or manga lol.
Well, didn't read manga or novel but hating Miyu after seeing how she was treated just 10 minutes earlier? Please, that was just Miyu's loving verbal kick to Ilya's groin.
They just have that kind of relationship. I think Ruby and Sapphire are influencing them.
Spinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 16:46   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She isn't scared. She is very concerned for Illya and shows it in a peculiar way. The problem with that scene other than being a pointless addition by the anime staff is that it can easily be misinterpreted.
That doesn't exclude her being scared. Only complement it.
Old 2013-08-23, 17:15   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll start with focusing on the fun stuff. Ilya's reactions when Miyu was in that maid uniform was amazing . I think we've managed to uncover one of her interests . When that switch goes off Miyu's in pretty serious danger. Indeed Miyu and Ilya became closer friends...or so Illya claimed .

But yeah things didn't go smoothly in this fight. This wasn't an opponent more powerful than Saber, but they got the first shot in and that alone was enough to make things very bad. One hit managed to throw off the whole group and could have lead to disaster.

But yeah, don't think anything bad of Miyu's actions here. Could see Ilya losing it and needed to do something. There's only one card left I think, but even one more fight might be too cruel to push onto Ilya right now. While obviously with tremendous abilities, this Ilya has grown up semi-normally. Thrown into these life or death struggles with others possibly about to die because of her actions is just too much right now. So Miyu took the road that would get Ilya out faster. I'm sure Miyu would rather take care of this last fight herself than force Ilya to go through any more suffering in these battles.
Old 2013-08-23, 17:38   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^You think she was lying?
Old 2013-08-23, 18:08   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
^You think she was lying?
I thought who was lying?
Old 2013-08-23, 18:13   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm sorry, I couldn't really think of a better word. I don't mean 'lying' per se, but I mean, do you think Miyu didn't mean what she said?
Old 2013-08-23, 18:21   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I'm sorry, I couldn't really think of a better word. I don't mean 'lying' per se, but I mean, do you think Miyu didn't mean what she said?
That's ok I just wasn't sure which part of my post you were talking about . Didn't want to go on a tangent about Ilya's molesting of Miyu unless prompted.

Didn't mean to imply that Miyu was actually lying. More like saying things she wouldn't want to hurt Ilya with under normal circumstances. The facts were accurate...but maybe her interpretation would have been different if she didn't want to push Ilya away from any further battles. Ilya took the first hit, but that could have been anyone. It was a blind attack out of nowhere and any one of them would have likely been hit by it.

Guess I would say Miyu was using the facts in a way that would reach the result she wanted. If she just wanted to console Ilya could have said that it wasn't her fault she was hit by poison and while reckless her actions saved all their lives since first she would have been killed and the others would have been killed while coming to her aid.

Feel like I'm rambling at this point though .
Old 2013-08-23, 19:29   Link #31
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
I kinda at odds at whether this anime will be able to properly adapt the last couple episodes to wrap up the first season. Hoping we get S2 seeing how its more epic
Old 2013-08-23, 19:45   Link #32
GDB

They have 3 more episodes to do about 3.6 chapters. 0.5 of that can be done in about 4 minutes, so they really shouldn't have anything to worry about. Plus there's the OVA episode 11 in January, though I assume that'd be a bridge to 2wei or just a fanservice episode.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:05   Link #33
ReddyRedWolf

The difference from the manga is that Illya remembered what Ruby said about a lyrical genocide blast to get out of that situation, Rin, Luvia and Miyu battered but safe, and Illya so scared out of her wits about her power that she runs away back home.

Sella finds her unconscious at the doorstep and takes her to bed.

Oh during the first half Shirou did not appear. A surprised Shirou sees Sella and comments he hasn't seen that maid uniform in years.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2013-08-23 at 21:21.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 02:28   Link #34
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Woah, Miyu, that was incredibly harsh...

And here I thought this episode was going to be just pure lighthearted fanservicey fluff... All of those more colorful fluffy bits get washed away in Miyu coming down really hard on Illya. The fact this comes right after Illya is the sole reason everybody survived Saber Alter makes Miyu's speech seem even worse, imo.

Besides, Illya was sniped by an Assassin. It could have happened to Miyu just as easily. Heck, it might have even have happened to Rin or Luvia just as easily. A badly poisoned Illya understandably panicked to save her life and defeat Assassin, and created a massive mana explosion.

I guess they wanted to add more drama to the Illya/Miyu relationship given how everything seemed to be going well now, but this almost strikes me as overkill.

Still, the battle with Assassin was surprisingly intense, and the fact it even happened was a pleasant surprise. So it was an enjoyable watch for the most part, and it definitely was emotionally impacting. I honestly was shocked by the ending of this episode. That was the last thing I expected after last week's episode.
Old 2013-08-24, 04:09   Link #35
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Harsh? Maybe, but it's true isn't it? All of them could have died if she didn't put up the shield in time.
Old 2013-08-24, 08:46   Link #36
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Harsh? Maybe, but it's true isn't it?
Miyu was talking about Illya like Illya was a total failure as a magical girl Class Card hunter when Illya was absolutely essential in not only capturing Saber Class Card, but even of everybody simply surviving it. So I think Miyu's comments were unwarranted and unjustified given the bigger picture of how Illya has done overall as a magical girl.

Miyu never wants to fight alongside Illya again, after Illya saved her life very recently against Saber Class Card? All because of an understandable sequence of events in a battle against Assasssin Class Card?

I think the anime-makers really goofed here, because this scene played out much differently in the manga (and in a better way for Miyu's characterization) than what we had here. Such a shame that after a simply fantastic episode 6 they follow it up with an anime-original change in Episode 7 that's very questionable.

Quote:
All of them could have died if she didn't put up the shield in time.
And all of them probably would have died at the blade of Saber Class Card if not for Illya.
Old 2013-08-24, 09:44   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

After rewatching the scene I don't think the addition was a bad one. Could say there was no time given to any characterization for Miyu originally. Here we still got her initial call out of concern that alone makes it seem rather likely her words contained no actual malice in them.

Miyu just officially became friends (through a strange method) with Illya. And that friend is now flipping out over the terror of something she doesn't necessarily need to be involved in. She doesn't know what Illya is going to do next, so better to make an extra push to ensure that Illya doesn't go into the next fight and get hurt any more than she already has. Someone logical by Miyu would have an easier time using the truth (in a harsh fashion) than convincing her with a touching speech.

This way Illya might be upset for a while, but that's better than another traumatic battle and maybe one where she might get killed. Might be reading a lot into it, but think it's more likely she prefers to put everything on herself and keep Illya out of it. Better to be hated than Illya hurting from a terrifying battle or suffering from guilt if her powers go out of control and do kill someone. I can't imagine it's really genuine anger from Miyu, and think this gives her a bit more depth in that moment.
Old 2013-08-24, 09:52   Link #38
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Miyu was talking about Illya like Illya was a total failure as a magical girl Class Card hunter when Illya was absolutely essential in not only capturing Saber Class Card, but even of everybody simply surviving it. So I think Miyu's comments were unwarranted and unjustified given the bigger picture of how Illya has done overall as a magical girl.

Miyu never wants to fight alongside Illya again, after Illya saved her life very recently against Saber Class Card? All because of an understandable sequence of events in a battle against Assasssin Class Card?

I think the anime-makers really goofed here, because this scene played out much differently in the manga (and in a better way for Miyu's characterization) than what we had here. Such a shame that after a simply fantastic episode 6 they follow it up with an anime-original change in Episode 7 that's very questionable.

And all of them probably would have died at the blade of Saber Class Card if not for Illya.
Were you paying attention at all? Miyu doesn't honestly mean any of what she said to her. If you pay attention to her facial expressions and cues it's blatantly obvious that it's painful to Miyu to say this to her. Miyu has recgonized that her friend doesn't currently have the courage or resolve to fight in the world of magic that could kill her at any given moment. This version of Illya is a normal girl, a civilian. In both the battle versus Saber and Assassin when things went badly she froze up and began to panic.

Miyu is trying to protect her friend by pushing her away from this dangerous fighting so she doesn't get hurt anymore in these kind of fights. It's not the nicest way to go about this, it may not be the best way either, but Miyu doesn't want Illya to have to fight anymore as unlike before the Caster fight, Illya is now a friend to her and no longer just a casual acquaintance/stranger. What's more Illya seems to be Miyu's first friend and is even more precious to her because of that.

Also look at it this way, Illya was rapidly approaching a freak out over the release of her powers twice now and the frighteningly close calls she's had with death twice now. She isn't going to be able to fight well in this state or even at all and that will get her and maybe the group itself killed in a fight. Miyu, mean or not, was right about this. Going against the remaining Berserker card with anything less than a cool head is complete and utter suicide.

Life and death fights like this are NOT a game, and Illya has shown again and again she's not prepared to face that just yet. Don't demonize Miyu for pointing this out. Illya may have been instrumental in surviving the Saber and possibly the Assassin fight but both times involved the Dues ex Machina that Illya can't directly control. Illya has done undeniably well to survive in the fights she's been in, don't get me wrong, but with her current mindset she was on her way to becoming a liability in the fights to come.

Bottom line: Miyu willingly put herself in the villian's role in that conversation with the best of intentions to try to protect her friend's life and happiness, regardless of the emotional pain Miyu would have to shoulder and the hurt feelings Illya would suffer from being treated that way.

It's not like Miyu couldn't try to patch things up with Illya after subduing Beserker in the next fight, her primary concern is getting Illya out of the life and death fights to protect her.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 10:38   Link #39
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
After rewatching the scene I don't think the addition was a bad one.
I disagree. It was a needless and risky addition. The original manga approach was fine the way it was, and there's no good reason why the anime couldn't have stuck with that.

Quote:
Could say there was no time given to any characterization for Miyu originally. Here we still got her initial call out of concern that alone makes it seem rather likely her words contained no actual malice in them.
Miyu plays deadpan well. Not everybody is going to interpret subtle visual cues the way you and/or The Green One might. And words that are nasty on the face of it are words that are nasty on the face of it. I'm inclined to agree with Random Wanderer that this speech was very out-of-character for Miyu. Some will be so shocked by the words that they'll miss the visual cues. I know that I was very shocked to hear Miyu insult Illya like that.

Quote:
Miyu just officially became friends (through a strange method) with Illya. And that friend is now flipping out over the terror of something she doesn't necessarily need to be involved in.
If Illya wasn't involved in it, then everybody else would probably have died at the hands of Saber Class Card. It's foolhardy to push Illya out after she's not only proved her worth, but also proved that she may even be essential.

Quote:
She doesn't know what Illya is going to do next, so better to make an extra push to ensure that Illya doesn't go into the next fight and get hurt any more than she already has. Someone logical by Miyu would have an easier time using the truth (in a harsh fashion) than convincing her with a touching speech.
It's partly because Miyu is logical that I find her speech out of character here. Illya was tremendously helpful in defeating Caster and Saber. Miyu should be smart enough to realize that Illya was essential in capturing those Class Cards. Who's to say that the one after Assassin won't be the same?

Quote:
This way Illya might be upset for a while, but that's better than another traumatic battle and maybe one where she might get killed.
It's worse than Miyu, Rin, and Luvia all getting themselves killed because they can't handle a Class Card that Illya would have made the difference against.

In any event, even if this is 100% about protecting Illya, there were far better ways that Miyu could have went about it.

Quote:
I can't imagine it's really genuine anger from Miyu, and think this gives her a bit more depth in that moment.
Miyu could be afraid. She might be legitimately afraid of what Illya might do next. I don't think so, but I think it's a viable interpretation.

Someone also could think that Miyu has ironically become jealous of Illya, seeing as how Illya mastered flight while Miyu couldn't and seeing as how Illya was able to defeat Saber when Miyu couldn't. So Miyu is now taking advantage of a bad situation to force out someone she's grown jealous of.

Now, do I think that? No, I don't. But again, not everybody is going to pick up on subtle visual cues the same way, and even for those who do notice them they may interpret them differently.

This anime-original scene really does run the risk of making Miyu seem like an unappreciative jerk to many viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Were you paying attention at all?
Of course I was. Don't arrogantly assume that your way of interpreting the scene is the only viable one.

Quote:
Miyu doesn't honestly mean any of what she said to her. If you pay attention to her facial expressions and cues it's blatantly obvious that it's painful to Miyu to say this to her.
It might be painful even if Miyu did mean it. People often have pained expressions when they're insulting other people.

Quote:
Miyu has recgonized that her friend doesn't currently have the courage or resolve to fight in the world of magic that could kill her at any given moment.
Then why not give her a simple pep talk, instead of risking further destruction of her courage and resolve by insulting her?

Quote:
This version of Illya is a normal girl, a civilian.
She fought very well against Caster for a "civilian".

Quote:
Miyu is trying to protect her friend by pushing her away from this dangerous fighting so she doesn't get hurt anymore in these kind of fights. It's not the nicest way to go about this, it may not be the best way either, but Miyu doesn't want Illya to have to fight anymore as unlike before the Caster fight, Illya is now a friend to her and no longer just a casual acquaintance/stranger. What's more Illya seems to be Miyu's first friend and is even more precious to her because of that.
Yes, this is probably what the anime is aiming for. But it's very easy for viewers to get a much darker impression. It's a silly and unnecessary change from what the manga had.

But you know, even giving Miyu the benefit of doubt, it makes her look less smart, in my view, for the reasons I laid out to FlareKnight. Whether Miyu wants Illya safe or not, Miyu ought to be pragmatic and smart enough to realize that Illya's continued involvement may well be essential to defeating the remaining Class Cards.
Old 2013-08-24, 11:13   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make by saying something so completely irrelevant.

Quote:
But you know, even giving Miyu the benefit of doubt, it makes her look less smart, in my view, for the reasons I laid out to FlareKnight. Whether Miyu wants Illya safe or not, Miyu ought to be pragmatic and smart enough to realize that Illya's continued involvement may well be essential to defeating the remaining Class Cards.
I'd really like to see what you'd do in a situation where your newfound friend came this close to accidentally killing you.