AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-08-07, 23:00   Link #1521
LCeh

Gah, so it seems like this was misunderstood, since if season II was mentioned in there anywhere, people would have picked it out already.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 00:10   Link #1522
arias

I'd reckon that we'd hear about season II from 2ch rather than Newtype, really.. And such an early announcement of SuzuHaru SII would not necessarily bode well. Everyone's discussed about KyoAni's animation schedule, and I don't think any one of us would want any other studio to work on the series..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Okay.. I think I see what you mean in that philosophy and viewpoints are openly discussed in your other examples, whereas in SuzuHar only episode 5 really covered any metaphysical viewpoints or definitions of reality.
I'm trying to decide if Haibane Renmei is overtly philosophical or not but its been a while since I watched it. GITS had a "Descartian" theme to it - somewhat like some Phillip K Dick stuff (androids) though I've never felt it was *all* that deep, it is one of the better examples of what anime can do with certain channels.
Haibane Renmei T___T It wasn't philosophy as much as literature, in my opinion. Yoshitoshi ABe, who wrote the script and did the character art as well as designed parts of the world, actually put in alot of his personal life into the show. I'll just put a small comment in spoilers about Haibane Renmei:

Spoiler:

Perhaps SuzuHaru is a swiss-knife like you said.. it does offer alot to a variety of people as well. But swiss-knives do an adequate job at particularities, not an excellent one : >
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 00:30   Link #1523
bayoab

Before this gets out of hand. On the 3rd spread page, there is in big print "What is the possibility of a second season?" And the response basically is "It would be nice if we could grant the dreams of the fans" and "If haruhi would say 'Do it', its possible.". i.e. possible but no plans.

The it's not over statement from the cover and first page seem to refer to the DVDs overloading blah blah blah.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 00:32   Link #1524
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/view/60814

Second season has been announced in Newtype September 2006 apparently. If true it's the best anime related news I've heard in a while.
Dude......

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I'm surprised nobody is saying anything about Haruhi making #12 on the recent Newtype poll.
Old 2006-08-08, 00:34   Link #1525
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Gah, that last post was wider then I meant it to be, but I can't edit it. The forum keeps unlogging me whenever I try to edit my post. >.>
Old 2006-08-08, 00:35   Link #1526
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Bah, so my wide post was for nothing? lol Can't edit it though. >.>
Old 2006-08-08, 00:50   Link #1527
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
triple post....Your out!

kidding.
Old 2006-08-08, 01:17   Link #1528
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Dude......

WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I'm surprised nobody is saying anything about Haruhi making #12 on the recent Newtype poll.
I commented about it! (But nobody else did)

Was the poll from Newtype Japan? I quoted Newtype USA's August issue with the anime at #9 and Haruhi herself at #8.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 02:36   Link #1529
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/view/60814

Second season has been announced in Newtype September 2006 apparently. If true it's the best anime related news I've heard in a while.
*silently screams out loud*

Made my day after 4 hours of MUGEN frustration (Asakura Ryouko won't come out and kill two people at once )
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 02:41   Link #1530
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

That NewType article is a false alarm.
Old 2006-08-08, 03:03   Link #1531
Zappster

Oops. Went to bed to what I thought was some great news if true and wake up to find it isn't. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up, but I did post it like it hadn't been confirmed. Hopefully we'll get an announcement sometime soon though.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 03:07   Link #1532
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

As the saying goes: "No news is good news."

If we don't hear anything about a second season, there's a chance that kyoani is trying to keep it a secret and surprise everyone someday.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 03:19   Link #1533
Ardee

Random 2-month-late question - in Episode 10 when Yuki grabs the knife blade with her hand, the pose feels like aother Eva allusion but I can't place it. Is it, and if so, from when? Thanks!
Ardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 03:25   Link #1534
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardee
Random 2-month-late question - in Episode 10 when Yuki grabs the knife blade with her hand, the pose feels like aother Eva allusion but I can't place it. Is it, and if so, from when? Thanks!
Probably episode 24, 17th Angel Tabris, manipulating EVA-02.

EVA-01 and EVA-02 was locked in a fight. Shinji and EVA-01 is holding on to EVA-02's right hand, preventing himself from being stabbed. But he still got stabbed a little into the chest. Shinji then stabbed EVA-02 with EVA-01's progressive blade in the neck.

Old 2006-08-08, 03:26   Link #1535
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Before this gets out of hand. On the 3rd spread page, there is in big print "What is the possibility of a second season?" And the response basically is "It would be nice if we could grant the dreams of the fans" and "If haruhi would say 'Do it', its possible.". i.e. possible but no plans.
Hahaha. Yeah, I figured that'd be exactly what it'd be. You don't announce something like that randomly in Newtype and not have the rest of the Internet all over it. Typical, typical marketing speak on all sides.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 03:31   Link #1536
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

bastards... just for that I'll withhold my quatloos for a few issues...
Old 2006-08-08, 06:03   Link #1537
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
^
Word word... isn't this thread supposed to be discussing about haruhi?
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 13:06   Link #1538
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Important announcement and request for all Haruhists, especially for those who know about the Anime Saimoe(Most Moe) Tournament 2006. Since we don't have a Haruhi Saimoe Tournament thread, here's a little update on the competition:

It is now the 3rd round, no longer qualifying rounds, the real competition has started.

Poor Tsuruya-san was the first and latest Haruhi character to drop out of the tournament on the 7th of August, we must not let such a thing happen to the remaining Haruhi characters:

Imouto-chan: She won her round on 7th August and proceeded to the next part of the tournament.
Asakura: Its her turn tomorrow, 9th August, we must support her.
Mori: Its her turn on 16th August
Kimidori: She's on 17th August
Haruhi-sama: Haruhi-sama must be supported on 24th August
Mikuru: It will be Mikuru-chan's turn on 26th August
Yuki: Yuki-san will be on 26th August as well.

One really bad news is that, if Haruhi-sama and Yuki wins their respective groups, they will meet in the next round and one of them must be out.

Instructions on how to vote in the tournament: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...78&postcount=4

Full list of groups that are competiting: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=41

Alright, Asakura Ryouko will be up tomorrow, we must make sure she gets through. In the name of Haruhi-sama!

Old 2006-08-08, 15:11   Link #1539
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Important announcement and request for all Haruhists, especially for those who know about the Anime Saimoe(Most Moe) Tournament 2006. Since we don't have a Haruhi Saimoe Tournament thread, here's a little update on the competition:

It is now the 3rd round, no longer qualifying rounds, the real competition has started.

Poor Tsuruya-san was the first and latest Haruhi character to drop out of the tournament on the 7th of August, we must not let such a thing happen to the remaining Haruhi characters:

Imouto-chan: She won her round on 7th August and proceeded to the next part of the tournament.
Asakura: Its her turn tomorrow, 9th August, we must support her.
Mori: Its her turn on 16th August
Kimidori: She's on 17th August
Haruhi-sama: Haruhi-sama must be supported on 24th August
Mikuru: It will be Mikuru-chan's turn on 26th August
Yuki: Yuki-san will be on 26th August as well.

One really bad news is that, if Haruhi-sama and Yuki wins their respective groups, they will meet in the next round and one of them must be out.

Instructions on how to vote in the tournament: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...78&postcount=4

Full list of groups that are competiting: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=41

Alright, Asakura Ryouko will be up tomorrow, we must make sure she gets through. In the name of Haruhi-sama!
Who in god's name are Mori and Kimidori? Anyway if I feel like it I may vote for Haruhi as she's the only character I really like as long as she isn't up against I Keroro Gunsou character though. Though I fully expect widespread fanbase supports to sweep Haruhi to the top in which case, meh its all good.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 20:40   Link #1540
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Who in god's name are Mori and Kimidori? Anyway if I feel like it I may vote for Haruhi as she's the only character I really like as long as she isn't up against I Keroro Gunsou character though. Though I fully expect widespread fanbase supports to sweep Haruhi to the top in which case, meh its all good.
Meido from Lone Island Syndrome and Client from Mysterique Sign respectively.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen