AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-14, 16:52   Link #1
NeoSam

Tatakau Shisho (The Book of Bantorra)

The shounen(boy's) light novel seires Tatakau Shisho Series by Yamagata Ishio (author) and Maeshima Shigeki (illustrator) will be getting an anime adaptation.

戦う司書シリーズ
Tatakau Shisho Series

少年向け小説(ライトノベル).
Shounen light novel series (light novel series aimed at boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Super Dash Bunko.
Currently there are 9 volumes released of this light novel series:

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Yamagata Ishio
Illustrator: Maeshima Shigeki

Super Dash Bunko's page for the light novel series:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-bakudan/

A seinen manga adaptation that's based on the first light novel volume that's titled "Tatakau Shisho to Koisuru Bakudan" is serialized online in Ultra Jump's special issue website Ultra Jump EGG.
Currently there are 2 volumes released of the manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Seinen manga.
Manga drawn by: Shinohara Kokonotsu

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy

Last edited by NeoSam; 2009-07-23 at 06:02.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 18:10   Link #2
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Interesting character design.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 21:23   Link #3
kemal_1915

This is the most anticipating series i would like to watch
Although the popularity is extremely low, this is a masterpiece
The reason of its low popurity because there is no moe, no service, no humor..., all the stuff which normally make light novel popular
It isn't "light" at all
Tatakau Shisho Series only has great story, unconventional story telling skill and interesting characters
Hope more people would notice this series
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 20:47   Link #4
Craymel

The original art is so detailed I wonder how the animation will look.
Old 2009-06-21, 00:12   Link #5
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
The original art is so detailed I wonder how the animation will look.
My crystal ball tells me its going to look crummy.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 08:41   Link #6
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
The reason of its low popurity because there is no moe, no service, no humor..., all the stuff which normally make light novel popular
I think most people who decide to look for a light novel to read expect the book to be LIGHT, not serious. Otherwise, why go for a light novel at all? It's like a masterpiece art film not doing well at the box office. Most of the audience don't really care for this stuff. Not when there are works like Baka to Tesuto to Syokanju around.

Personally, not a fan of the premise. But I will check out the anime. It's easier to get into an anime than a light novel anyway.
Old 2009-06-22, 10:09   Link #7
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
This is the most anticipating series i would like to watch
It isn't "light" at all
Tatakau Shisho Series only has great story, unconventional story telling skill and interesting characters
Hope more people would notice this series
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
I think most people who decide to look for a light novel to read expect the book to be LIGHT, not serious. Otherwise, why go for a light novel at all? It's like a masterpiece art film not doing well at the box office. Most of the audience don't really care for this stuff. Not when there are works like Baka to Tesuto to Syokanju around.

Personally, not a fan of the premise. But I will check out the anime. It's easier to get into an anime than a light novel anyway.
atleast there are a bunch of pretty boys in it that will only make the fangirls squeal.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 08:18   Link #8
NeoSam

The 9th volume of the shounen(boy's) light novel series Tatakau Shisho will be released on July 24th, 2009.

The second volume of the seinen(young men's) manga adaptation of this shounen light novel series will be released on July 19th, 2009.

I'll post both their covers when they are available.
Old 2009-06-24, 10:56   Link #9
NeoSam

A preview of the first volume of the seinen manga can be seen here.
Old 2009-06-29, 19:33   Link #10
Same_Shark

What exactly is the storyline of the series?
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:13   Link #11
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
I do not expect everyone would like it. At least, i hope more people will notice it.
I am glad you will check it out
I agree that light novel should be "light" but if anyone is tired of those kind of "light" novel. They can try this series.
Also, this should be counted as seinen novel instead of shounen. The target audience is more mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
What exactly is the storyline of the series?
This is a hard question because there is too many plot twists in the story.

In general, all the dead people of the world would turned into "books" stored in
the Bantorra library. Aynone could read the past of of that person when they touched the "book". Armed librarians (supposed to be the good guy) managed those "books". A religious society "Sindeki Kyoudan" was the main enemy of the armed librarian. The story was the battle between these two groups.

The most interesting thing is that the protagonist of each volume may belong to Armed librarians or may belong to Sindeki Kyoudan. The point of view changed rapidly, from Armed librarians, Sindeki Kyoudan, present or past (because the nature of the "book")

The first volume is the "love story" between two people in Sindeki Kyoudan - the human bomb Tonis (present) and mysterious girl Shiron (lived in 300 years ago). But how could this happen? That is very interesting story. By the way, the plot description in ANN is wrong. Tonis didn't fall in love with the acting chief librarian Hamyuts.
Old 2009-06-29, 21:16   Link #12
Same_Shark

Quote:
I do not expect everyone would like it. At least, i hope more people will notice it.
I am glad you will check it out
I agree that light novel should be "light" but if anyone is tired of those kind of "light" novel. They can try this series.
Also, this should be counted as seinen novel instead of shounen. The target audience is more mature.

This is a hard question because there is too many plot twists in the story.

In general, all the dead people of the world would turned into "books" stored in
the Bantorra library. Aynone could read the past of of that person when they touched the "book". Armed librarians (supposed to be the good guy) managed those "books". A religious society "Sindeki Kyoudan" was the main enemy of the armed librarian. The story was the battle between these two groups.

The most interesting thing is that the protagonist of each volume may belong to Armed librarians or may belong to Sindeki Kyoudan. The point of view changed rapidly, from Armed librarians, Sindeki Kyoudan, present or past (because the nature of the "book")

The first volume is the "love story" between two people in Sindeki Kyoudan - the human bomb Tonis (present) and mysterious girl Shiron (lived in 300 years ago). But how could this happen? That is very interesting story. By the way, the plot description in ANN is wrong. Tonis didn't fall in love with the acting chief librarian Hamyuts.
Sounds interesting. I'll definately check this out!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 07:35   Link #13
NeoSam

The TV anime adaptation of the Tatakau Shisho Series light novel series will be titled:

戦う司書 The Book of Bantorra
Tatakau Shisho The Book of Bantorra

Staff:

Original Work: Yamagata Ishio
Original Illustration Work: Maeshima Shigeki
Director: Shinohara Toshiya
Series Composition: Okada Mari
Character Design: Yamada Masaki
Prop Design: Hashimoto Hideki
Art Director: Ikeda Shigemi
Animation Production: david production

Cast:

Hamyuttsu: Park Romi
Matto Arasuto: Ookawa Tooru
Mirepokku: Sawashiro Miyuki
Norotei: Tomatsu Haruka
Voruken: Nakamura Yuuichi
Korio: Irino Miyu
Mokkania: Ishida Akira

Official anime site: (currently not working)
http://bantorra.com/

Source: MoonPhase Diary
Old 2009-07-07, 10:25   Link #14
Westlo
Lets be reality

Seems this is airing in Fall going by CanYouMoe Blogs post. Looking forward to this, the covers look great and it has an excellent vocal cast and I've only heard good things about david production's previous work in Ristorante Paradiso.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 07:55   Link #15
kemal_1915

Official anime site is opened
PV is released and i am very pleased
The quality seems quite good
The most amazing thing is although this is an nameless anime, The CV cast is spectacular

Hamyuttsu: Park Romi
Matto Arasuto: Ookawa Tooru
Mirepokku: Sawashiro Miyuki
Norotei: Tomatsu Haruka
Voruken: Nakamura Yuuichi
Korio: Irino Miyu
Mokkania: Ishida Akira
minsu: Kenta Miyake
Sigaru: Ryōtarō Okiayu
Shiron: Ayako Kawasumi
enrike: Hirofumi Nojima

This make my anticipation even higher!
Old 2009-07-10, 08:14   Link #16
asrielchase

^ might as well add "OP by Ali Project" to that list. Really didn't see THAT one coming....

The visuals and animations seem nice, I just wish more people would watch this despite the zero moe factor in this anime...
Old 2009-07-10, 10:12   Link #17
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The synopsis looks interesting.
Old 2009-07-10, 18:21   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Good trailer, looking forward to this even more now... but god why ALI PROJECT

Anyway... can anyone point out which character is which on that pic on the main page of the website? Hamyuttsu/Park Romi has to be that dark blue haired lady who has the largest image.. right? If I had to guess going by their voices and cast order listing... Sawashiro Miyuki is the woman in red with the sword, Ookawa Tooru the guy wearing the hat, Tomatsu Haruka the brown haired chick and maybe Nakamura Yuuichi for the green haired guy?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 19:46   Link #19
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Anyway... can anyone point out which character is which on that pic on the main page of the website? Hamyuttsu/Park Romi has to be that dark blue haired lady who has the largest image.. right? If I had to guess going by their voices and cast order listing... Sawashiro Miyuki is the woman in red with the sword, Ookawa Tooru the guy wearing the hat, Tomatsu Haruka the brown haired chick and maybe Nakamura Yuuichi for the green haired guy?
NAILED THEM

And then in the PV:
Irino Miyu is the guy who touches the "book" at the beginning, Kawasumi Ayako is the long-haired woman with the sword right after that.
Old 2009-07-10, 21:22   Link #20
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Which one is Mirepokku?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen