AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-21, 14:39   Link #1081
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

allow me to teach you something useful...

you all know what comes next
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 14:56   Link #1082
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

I wonder if it's something like those memory alteration theories or something, like about the forceful (non-self inflicted) removal of memories, which apparently doesn't entirely erase memories. Hmm...

I was wonder when did I post the this
Quote:
I think that while the memory loss is complete, the girls retain an indistinct sympathy for Keima. So, the girls still like him somehow, even if when asked, they probably couldn't explain why.
I edited my post. It should be quoted from himeji and I answer by spoiler of episode 3.

I was hysterical when I'm finding it because I believe that the memory lost isn't complete or even if it is. It's probably not erasing because their is still lingering feelings from the girls. Just like what we saw from Mio in the end and also Ayumi in episode 1.

The memory of the capture might be not their but the feelings that the girls receive in their hearts wouldn't be erased.
Old 2010-10-21, 15:00   Link #1083
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The memory of the capture might be not their but the feelings that the girls receive in their hearts wouldn't be erased.
Aha. I wonder if that will be Keima's special ability: replacing bad souls with love!

Oh wait, it's "the power of love" again

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
allow me to teach you something useful...

you all know what comes next
Allow me to teach you something about twintails:

Twintails are good because... two is better than one!

/me runs
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 15:04   Link #1084
tsunade666

ponytail is also good, pigtails are also win. You can't decide mangatron that twin tails are only the best.

Long silky and with accessory or tied hairs are great and each one shows different charms.
Old 2010-10-21, 15:09   Link #1085
mangatron

Quote:
ponytail is also good, pigtails are also win. You can't decide mangatron that twin tails are only the best.

Long silky and with accessory or tied hairs are great and each one shows different charms.
Yeah, acording to my interview I'm actually a fan of tied hair, with twintails and ponytails fighting for the top spot. Then I'm wondering if it's really about what girls put on their hair.

For example Mio has the braid/pin/hairclip on her bangs in addition to the twin tails. It looks great on her.
Old 2010-10-21, 15:21   Link #1086
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There is something starting to bother me in this series: the way Keima is jumping from girl to girl. This wouldn't be a problem if he also lost his memories of the conquest, but he doesn't. I don't want to think he doesn't give a crap about the girls he seduces (and there are hints he does care about them to some extent), so I hope this will become a plot point later on and those girls will be reintroduced into the story (especially twintail-chan). I have a hard time seeing Keima as an insensitive playboy, anyway.
Old 2010-10-21, 15:21   Link #1087
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Someone explain to me where did all that bread go It's obvious there was no way to finish all that for even a week, so I say it went into the Elsie trash can
You clearly underestimate a rich girl's appetite
Quote:
I was hysterical when I'm finding it because I believe that the memory lost isn't complete or even if it is. It's probably not erasing because their is still lingering feelings from the girls. Just like what we saw from Mio in the end and also Ayumi in episode 1.

''Even if your mind forgets your body taste buds will still remember ...''?

Jokes aside, perhaps she was experiencing something akin to deja vu? It's not necessary that she still has lingering feelings for Kemia for her to pick that type of bread.

On the actual episode, I ended up liking Mio a whole lot more than I initially thought, which I guess had a lot more to do with her looking extremely cute while flustered :P
Quote:
I have a hard time seeing Keima as an insensitive playboy, anyway.
That's because he isn't :P?

Kemia, as we've seen these past 3 episodes, isn't the sort of person who wants to involve himself with other people, and in fact was about to leave when Elise first explained to him his mission to collect the Runaway Spirits, and it was the prospect of losing his head that made him grudgingly agree to work. He isn't really out to get girls for getting girls, but to help him live to see another day. He treats the captures as game-like events in order to set distance emotionally between himself and the girls (and even then, he does display some clear signs he doesn't think nothing of them i.e. when he congratulated Ayumi)

Disclaimer: Even though I haven't made a post containing much spoilers from the manga ever since the anime started, I'm going from this point onwards make my post from a purely anime watcher only perspective. So anyone reading my posts need not worry about any sort of ''hints'' or spoilers.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-10-21 at 15:33.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 16:22   Link #1088
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
One thing I found a little strange is that she seems to be too young to already be in school, much less carrying that type of roll you usually get when you graduate from some type of school, so she would be going to middle school next already. She doesn't look like that at all, but rather very much looks like a kindergarten kid there
Mio likely was graduating from kindergarten in that flashback. Japanese kindergarteners wear uniforms and have graduation ceremonies where they receive scrolls just like the one she's carrying. Some US kindergartens are picking up the idea too, even going to the point of having the children wear little kindergarten-sized cap and gowns for the ceremony.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 16:37   Link #1089
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
You clearly underestimate a rich girl's appetite
Sure I know Day 1 for biker Keima, she brought like what, 10 or 20 pieces with her in her bag. Keep that up for what was it 4 days, it could go out fast. Now, the better thing to calculate is how much 10K would get (my brain needs to rest)

Quote:
On the actual episode, I ended up liking Mio a whole lot more than I initially thought, which I guess had a lot more to do with her looking extremely cute while flustered :P
Even when she was happy, too. Now, a happy cute girl + whip = an interesting combo
Old 2010-10-21, 17:06   Link #1090
Seihai
スマイリウム

100 yen was the 10% off price for the bread.
10k yen gets you 100 breads.

edit: I counted 15 breads on the screen when Mio fell but it might have been more. 15 - 20 probably.

Also, her expression when Elsie made that carriage pop up out of nowhere was awesome, like... "huh?" without actually further questioning it. XD
Old 2010-10-21, 17:59   Link #1091
tsunade666

I was also quite concerned on it. The girls didn't ask how can Keima produce such things. From the episode 1 advertisement to the different bicycle in episode 3.

Like they didn't care about Keima or care not to ask more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Mio likely was graduating from kindergarten in that flashback. Japanese kindergarteners wear uniforms and have graduation ceremonies where they receive scrolls just like the one she's carrying. Some US kindergartens are picking up the idea too, even going to the point of having the children wear little kindergarten-sized cap and gowns for the ceremony.
they are highschool right? around 17 in age....... Mio really didn't grow much
Old 2010-10-21, 18:56   Link #1092
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There is something starting to bother me in this series: the way Keima is jumping from girl to girl. This wouldn't be a problem if he also lost his memories of the conquest, but he doesn't. I don't want to think he doesn't give a crap about the girls he seduces (and there are hints he does care about them to some extent), so I hope this will become a plot point later on and those girls will be reintroduced into the story (especially twintail-chan). I have a hard time seeing Keima as an insensitive playboy, anyway.
Keima isn't a playboy - in the very opposite even, because that would require him to be interested in real-life girls, which he isn't. He doesn't have any experience with real girls, so he has no idea how to handle them.
This is vastly different from a playboy who is very experienced with girls, and who uses this extensive knowledge to exploit girls.

Quote:
Mio likely was graduating from kindergarten in that flashback.
No, definitely not. The sign on the school she's leaving clearly says 小学校, i.e. she is graduating from elementary school and will be entering middle school (grade 7) next.

Quote:
Japanese kindergarteners wear uniforms and have graduation ceremonies where they receive scrolls just like the one she's carrying.
The kindergarten uniform is very different from school uniforms. Also, kindergarten uniforms aren't as universally used as school uniforms, but you generally can recognise kindergarteners on their yellow caps, like e.g. here:
http://photozou.jp/photo/show/121813/20139362

She's definitely wearing a school uniform. Besides that, it's the very first time that I hear that the kindergarten in Japan is supposed to have a graduation ceremony
Where did you hear that? The Japanese Wikipedia article certainly doesn't mention a graduation ceremony:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B9%...A8%9A%E5%9C%92

(The pics on that article are from an Afghan and a German kindergarten, not from a Japanese one.)
Old 2010-10-21, 20:38   Link #1093
coderlan
Student

the OP is awesome so when it's going to be released?
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 20:39   Link #1094
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ep 3 was so great . Cute and hilarious . Elsee in dress outfit <3

Best line "Up up down down L R L R ..."

And yes , Keima isn't a playboy except in 2D>3D
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 21:16   Link #1095
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
the OP is awesome so when it's going to be released?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The 3rd of November.
12 days left.
Old 2010-10-21, 21:58   Link #1096
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Besides that, it's the very first time that I hear that the kindergarten in Japan is supposed to have a graduation ceremony
Where did you hear that?
I would have sworn that Peter Payne of the JList blog had written something about it in the past. But I may be misremembering.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 21:59   Link #1097
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I just adored this episode to much 10/10 But still wish for the OP to release earlier but its patience for me.
Old 2010-10-21, 22:29   Link #1098
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I picked up the series today after hear how good it's is and it's been pretty good so far. First episode was good and Mio's arc was just great and She looked soo dam cute/amazing in that dress .
Elsie has been dam adorable and reminding me of Eris, but when she said "I'm an illegitimate child of Keima's father" a died of laughter at how she could say it yet remain so innocent and clam, and realized she knows even less about humans society than aliens do apparently; also I then died of laughter again when I saw how Keima's mother reacted to this . And other notable Keima's "practice confessions" to Elsie was just amazing.

Definitely going to be watching more of this series .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 22:33   Link #1099
BlueDo

Oh wow.
The Swinging scene was random as hell.
"We share a secret!"
*end
Huh?

Hahahaha.
Wow, Keima is blushing everywhere.
It seems to be the same in the manga. Never noticed.
Probably something to do with the presentation.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 00:13   Link #1100
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Wow, Keima is blushing everywhere.
It seems to be the same in the manga. Never noticed.
Probably something to do with the presentation.
It's an awesome contrast to his usual calmness and superiority.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen