AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-26, 17:42   Link #2941
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Care or care not about the Hybrids, putting out ill trained ones in the field is bad for business. People will not think highly of the Org if it sends out a warrior who gets owned by a youma. There has to be a level of ability by the warrior, for the Org's own reputation. It's about quality control and public relations.

Clare also tells Raki when entering Rabona of the extra training claymores get for covert operations. An uncaring Org wouldn't bother with such things.
Actually, that would depend on the cost/return ratio. Various statements suggest that a warrior isn't cheap to produce. I'd think that between the financial resources housing and equipping a warrior plus the sheer amount of time it would take to train them to be proficient as warriors would probably approach extensive. I'd expect the training would be on about the level of modern special forces.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:32   Link #2942
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Various statements suggest that a warrior isn't cheap to produce. I'd think that between the financial resources housing and equipping a warrior plus the sheer amount of time it would take to train them to be proficient as warriors would probably approach extensive.
Throwing away failed trainees sure doesn't help making them cheap either.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:41   Link #2943
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Throwing away failed trainees sure doesn't help making them cheap either.
I suspect that failed trainees don't survive the training.
Old 2010-11-27, 03:12   Link #2944
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
As seen in Extra Scene 4, I'd have to agree that failed trainees more than likely get weeded out before they reach the point where they are assigned a rank. Unless Clare's group was an exception....
Old 2010-11-27, 06:29   Link #2945
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
I suspect that failed trainees don't survive the training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
As seen in Extra Scene 4, I'd have to agree that failed trainees more than likely get weeded out before they reach the point where they are assigned a rank. Unless Clare's group was an exception....
It was clearly said that was the final test and that those who pass it will become warriors. Therefore all of those trainees went through full training and now they are trying to see who is fit to be a warrior and who is not. Therefore all the money that was invested in training a failed trainee is wasted.
Old 2010-11-27, 14:39   Link #2946
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Recruit wash outs are a normal part of military expenses. With Hybrids, a wash out is more or less dead.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:05   Link #2947
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Previous gen warriors vs present gen warriors. (Clare's generation, Not Teresa's)

Number 9's: Jean vs Nina: tough one... drill against shadow hunter..... I go with Nina
Number 8's. Flora vs Dee-Dee... Flora hands down.
Number 6's: Miria vs Rene.... Miria due to experience.
Number 5's: Raffy vs Rachel.. puh-leez... Rachel won't see it coming.
Number 4's: Ophellia vs Miata.... tough one... both are berserking nutbags. I give it to Miata for her tenacity and ability to shred opponents with bare hands.
Number 3's Gally vs Audrey. Gally with major deflections
Old 2010-12-05, 14:57   Link #2948
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Well Raphaela is #2= to her #1 sister so... Raphaela can take anyone on that list. The only one that could give Raphaela trouble is Miata due 2 her Berserker ability.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:15   Link #2949
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Well: During Clare's generation she was Number 5, regardless of her true strength. That's what I'm going by. She wasn't a number 2 since before Teresa.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:47   Link #2950
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Well: During Clare's generation she was Number 5, regardless of her true strength. That's what I'm going by. She wasn't a number 2 since before Teresa.
Strength in one generation isn't a straight line comparison with another. It seems that the older generations were in fact stronger, at least among the single digits.